DT Rucks 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Im not the only one stuck with Sandi, out pretty much the whole year so a must trade.

Maric/Cox - Best option and priced accordingly. (Already have Cox, but hesitant in bringing in the Mullet for some reason..)
Ryder - Technically a premo, but still has worries regarding consistency, if Belly's injury is somewhat serious may be a good trade, esp as general consensus is that he is our best number 1 ruck and has to play majority game time there. (Hille also missed VFL due to minor injury..)
Goldy - Tempting price, scoring well has the imminent return of HMac looming in the pointy end of the season though
Kreuzer, Mummy - Plummeting in price, then again with their scoring getting affected as they are being played more as a forward recently..
Griffin - Actually tempted to bring him in, cheap, gets the number 1 ruck mantle for the rest of the year basically and should score well.. was decent last year (boosted by his massive score v GC I guess, hates playing WCE also)
Jolly even??

I am also considering goin Giles> Griffen once griffen plays 1 more game and drops lower in price.

Griffen got 47 hit outs when sandilands went done. its a straight swap and i think he can average about the same as the top rucks for rest of season

I am tempted to bring in Griffen for Sandi as well but just concerned that Sandi might come back during DT finals and limit Griffen's scoring or push him out of the side again.
I reckon my trades will be precious by then.

Already have Tom Campbell, need to downgrade Redden to a rookie ruck. Who are the best prospects for getting upgraded at some stage?

So far my shortlist (without any real knowledge): Pattison (Haw) mature aged and if Hale goes down and Bailey isn't ready, probably the most likely option to get upgraded. Downie (GWS), heard he played well in the reserves.

Can anyone else recommend a potential rookie priced ruck that may get elevated if an injury occurs, or via the AFL's new Rd 12 rookie upgrade policy?

Already have Tom Campbell, need to downgrade Redden to a rookie ruck. Who are the best prospects for getting upgraded at some stage?

So far my shortlist (without any real knowledge): Pattison (Haw) mature aged and if Hale goes down and Bailey isn't ready, probably the most likely option to get upgraded. Downie (GWS), heard he played well in the reserves.

Can anyone else recommend a potential rookie priced ruck that may get elevated if an injury occurs, or via the AFL's new Rd 12 rookie upgrade policy?

Both Pattison and Staley are bottom priced and duel position players. Pattison probably more likely to play.
If you later need a player to come in you can then upgrade a forward to Roughead ( or Hale ), use him to cover the ruck, but use him in the forward line when you dont.

I've had Cox, Ryder, Goldy and Mummy in and out of my team all week. Mummy would save me a bit of coin to use in other areas but is surely a big injury risk. Any suggestions???

Both Pattison and Staley are bottom priced and duel position players. Pattison probably more likely to play.
If you later need a player to come in you can then upgrade a forward to Roughead ( or Hale ), use him to cover the ruck, but use him in the forward line when you dont.
I was thinking that way, but being a Hawthorn supporter, I thought I might be missing out on some other teams prospects. Maybe Pattison really is the best option, especially with the basement price and DP status, although my FWD line is set and running out of trades. I just need to upgrade Giles to Maric and my team is finished, running out of trades though, only 5 left now before getting Maric in. However, I believe i have good depth with Hargrave/Enright as D8, Barlow as M7 (McDonald 8). That was kinda my strategy for less than optimal trades during the byes, bring in underperformers cheap and have them as injury backups.

I'm torn as to whether I should save a trade and do a straight Giles-Ryder swap this week, or double trade for Maric.

Maric's numbers are off the charts and if he keeps it up then he's the clear #1 ruck in the game... the question is whether he can. Tough!

You need to look at your whole team rather than just the ruck division. ( no prize for winning the ruck ).
Is Giles going to be the worst player you play - or Ryder?
Would a double trade for Maric be a better result than upgrading a midfielder or other.
For example. Giles is averaging 80.
Players like Porplezia and McDonald are also averaging 80.
You can spend 60 000 and get Ryder ( av 91 )
Or you can spend 140 000 on Maric ( av 102 )

Or you can trade elsewhere. Scott Thompson ( ave 111 is the same price as Maric ).
Actually looking at it I might burn a trade and do a swap from Cotchin to Thompson.
( Better not - Cotchin isn't that bad, and I dont have that many trades ).

You need to look at your whole team rather than just the ruck division. ( no prize for winning the ruck ).
Is Giles going to be the worst player you play - or Ryder?
Would a double trade for Maric be a better result than upgrading a midfielder or other.
For example. Giles is averaging 80.
Players like Porplezia and McDonald are also averaging 80.
You can spend 60 000 and get Ryder ( av 91 )
Or you can spend 140 000 on Maric ( av 102 )

Or you can trade elsewhere. Scott Thompson ( ave 111 is the same price as Maric ).
Actually looking at it I might burn a trade and do a swap from Cotchin to Thompson.
( Better not - Cotchin isn't that bad, and I dont have that many trades ).

My worst players in each position are Lake, Barlow, Giles and Zorko. I do like Thompson this year, but Barlow is posting consistent tons already and will only get better (he himself says he's only 80%!).

I do have 78k in the bank, but I'll need to do a Big O -> Campbell downgrade to afford Maric... It'll leave me with 7 trades for the rest of the year, but I am going for the league (only ranked 6k overall).

just want to talk mumford.

surely he has to be being considered by a few people out there for the run home.

i think i need a bit of differentiation and i also need to get rid of kreuzer and he seems like a very cheap option.

injury is the only thing worrying me... hmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Rucks 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back