DT Rucks 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

But I got the best (non-ruck) rookies, they are getting ready to sell with only Zorko in sight.

Should I not be looking for rookies on the bubble to make cash? Should I sit on redden until Giles gets rested and then cop a zero?

I've got Jacobs, Giles, Stephenson, Redden.

Other rookies:
Smith, Kennedy, Treloar, Milera, McDonald, Shiel, Magner, Horsley, Bugg, Clarke, Ellis.

I need to get get rid of them over the next few rounds.

But I got the best (non-ruck) rookies, they are getting ready to sell with only Zorko in sight.

Should I not be looking for rookies on the bubble to make cash? Should I sit on redden until Giles gets rested and then cop a zero?

I've got Jacobs, Giles, Stephenson, Redden.

Other rookies:
Smith, Kennedy, Treloar, Milera, McDonald, Shiel, Magner, Horsley, Bugg, Clarke, Ellis.

I need to get get rid of them over the next few rounds.

I'd say with the Bye coming up you are best to TRY ( as pointed out availability is an issue ) to get rid of them during the bye.
Depending how many round 11 players you have all up it might be a good idea to get rid of some of the GWS players over the next couple of weeks hopefully make cash.

I'd hold Magner until after round 11, then upgrade him to a player that has already had a bye.
Similarly, even though Ellis and Milera are probably the most ready to trade, I'd wait until after round 12, then upgrade for players who have had their bye.

I purposely left some money in the bank for this sort of thing.

Cheers for the feedback. That's my general plan, although some tough decisions.

Clarke --> waters

magner --> boyd/thompson

maybe milera to chappy/stevie j, ellis to a r12 premo (not sure who).

you're right will need some cash.

It would be so much better if GWS had the round 13 bye.

Thats why you need to downgrade early, get the best rookies.

If you trade Giles > Jenkins then it might hold some weight, but anyone else is a no. Also depends on your other rucks.

I'm considering Giles --> Jenkins but can see this being a last minute decison friday night.

Not sure on Jenkins job security.

Sitting with Cox, Sandi, Giles, BigO atm

Considering going outside the box and trading Giles for Patterson (haw) when Giles has the bye. The 2nd side to this means bringing in Roughead as my F7 to use the MP for/ruck with patterson for Devon Smith.

Will be a pretty unique structure but i think its win win with cash and cover, thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derickx, Witts, Ceglar probably next best

Also S.Michael performing well in lions reserves could get a few late games.

Dont expect too much from the rookie rucks.
The way Maric is playing, it's hard to see Derickx getting a call up any time soon.

Think Jenkins may be the best rookie ruck we see in a while that has yet to rise in price. Could be wrong although I can't really see any of the others pushing their case too strong.

Sitting with Cox, Sandi, Giles, BigO atm

Considering going outside the box and trading Giles for Patterson (haw) when Giles has the bye. The 2nd side to this means bringing in Roughead as my F7 to use the MP for/ruck with patterson for Devon Smith.

Will be a pretty unique structure but i think its win win with cash and cover, thoughts?

Makes sense.
Once the bye is done and dusted you'd be unlucky to need the 4th ruck again. ( Wonder if Staley is a chance to be promoted the way the Saints are ATM :D).

I still have Redden, could be worth Trading Roughy straight in there after round 11.

Giles, Kreuzer, Redden and big O have served me well thus far, wish I went with Maric, had him briefly in the preseason but took him out for Hale :eek:

Chances are I'll end up leaving the rucks and upgrade around the field instead. The only ruck that seems worth it is Maric atm, but he doesn't fit my byes at all well.

Just don't trust anyone else's consistency.

I'm guessing Redden was brought in to counteract Carlton's three quality ruckmen in Warnock, Hampson and Kreuzer. Primus has usually leant towards playing only one pure ruck, Renouf is in career-best form, Butcher will probably be back next week and the ruck stocks of the Bulldogs and Hawthorn (Port's two next opponents) aren't nearly as good at Carlton's, so I wouldn't be overly surprised if Redden drops out of the side for the bye rounds. Will be fighting it out with Butcher, Westhoff, Brett Ebert and Stewart, and two of those 5 will probably miss.

I'm guessing Redden was brought in to counteract Carlton's three quality ruckmen in Warnock, Hampson and Kreuzer. Primus has usually leant towards playing only one pure ruck, Renouf is in career-best form, Butcher will probably be back next week and the ruck stocks of the Bulldogs and Hawthorn (Port's two next opponents) aren't nearly as good at Carlton's, so I wouldn't be overly surprised if Redden drops out of the side for the bye rounds. Will be fighting it out with Butcher, Westhoff, Brett Ebert and Stewart, and two of those 5 will probably miss.

Brett Ebert shouldn't be ahead of anyone. Massive spud.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Rucks 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back