DT/SC "what the F... was I thinking" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting Griffen, Monfries and Gram at the start of the year and not down grading to Petterd last week.

i'd have to add having my 4th ruckman as someone who plays regularly, would have had another 200K or so to spend somewhere else if i hadnt made that mistake

Again, Brennen train for me. Also thinking McPhee was going to have a crap year bacause of his losuy preseason, then jumping on him rught when he had the 3 bad games in a row!

Also thought Renouf was going to get some games this year.

Oh yeah, Griffen and Monfries too.

Yeah I choose Griffen. Thought at that price he;d probably improve a fair bit, was hoping to get 70s-80s out of him. Got Haselby out of him so not all bad.

Had Davey from the start, traded him after Round 3 for Hawkins to free up some cash, after a high of just 41, then he goes and does a 102-96-92-139 the prick. Ah well.

Replacing Johncock with Brennan after Round 2. My other options were McPhee and Adcock who haven't lived up to expectations they set early on, but at least I wouldn't have had to waste a trade getting rid of Brennan.

Also:
- Marc Murphy
- Luke Hodge ahead of a multitude of other options
- Taking Jordan Lewis out the day before deadline

- Riggio (believed the hype instead of actually researching)
- 4th ruckmen (I may change my mind on this, but I think I wasted $ because Darcy isn't appreciating)
- Not picking a consistent captain like Judd/Bartel/West/Cross, which I rectified by trading for Dal Santo aftr Round 3 (replaced Ball)
- Monfries (looked good in preseason matches and like everybody else, I thought he'd play midfield more)

The big lesson is not to believe everything you read and rely more on research and facts rather than speculation.

Yeah i made those "mistakes too".

I have Monfries as well, but there havent been any other really awesome options in the forward line at his starting price so he hasnt been an absolute disaster - yet.

Hodge could still come good.

Worst one is Jordan Lewis. I took him out for Priddis and upgraded Nathan Brown for Embley just before the lock-out.

I have 4-5 gems that have kept me from being in the top 100
Picked up Bock after round 2 and then kept him until round 6.

Trading out Winderlinch when he came back and scored 54 after his Hamstring injury.

Trading out Selwood the week Winderlinch, Lappin, Selwood where all going to miss.

Last year i didnt pick a player worth under $230,000 in supercoach. Came 100th the first week and dropped about a hundred places each week for the rest of the season. I now know what a cash cow is.

This year I had Ablett in my side and dropped him for Burton the week before the season started.

I was one that jumped on the Brennan train aswell.

And I too was one that traded out Davey for Hawkins thinking oh Hawkins is gonna dominate while Davey will just drop off.

Worked out the other way didnt it?

and the Monf is a good pickup.. he'll set the world ablaze soon, hopefully...

and a bigun (turned out good this week) I had the oppurtunity to get Kerr, instead I opted for Dal Santo.

I was one that jumped on the Brennan train aswell.

And I too was one that traded out Davey for Hawkins thinking oh Hawkins is gonna dominate while Davey will just drop off.

Worked out the other way didnt it?

and the Monf is a good pickup.. he'll set the world ablaze soon, hopefully...

and a bigun (turned out good this week) I had the oppurtunity to get Kerr, instead I opted for Dal Santo.

dont jinx him!!

Doing McMahon for Jesse Smith and Hudson for Lachlan McKinnon this week so I can get Bartel for Rodan and Shaw for Bock next week.

I'm going to get 1600 this week

Official thread to post players that you initially had, or subsequent trades that have been absolute stinkers.

To start it off....
I had Goodes from the start thinking two browlows, killed'em last year he's a definate starter, well he has sunk quicker than the Titanic, and i still held onto him only getting rid of him last week, with $400k odd loss to contend with

I also picked up Tredrea a few weeks ago thinking he will gun it after a few games under his belt, well still waiting and Wozza has one week to go before he faces the knife.

the seduction of Jared Brennan - man i want to crawl under a rock and die

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking up Haselby over Lewis in Rnd 5 when there was $1000 diff.

Since then hase has done SFA scoring 2 70's a 29 and been injured.

While Lewis hasn't scored less than 79 in that period and numerous hundreds.

Picking up Haselby over Lewis in Rnd 5 when there was $1000 diff.:thumbsdown:

Since then hase has done SFA scoring 2 70's a 29 and been injured.

While Lewis hasn't scored less than 79 in that period and numerous hundreds.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT/SC "what the F... was I thinking" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back