DT Squads Part Three

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh yeah... so he is priced like a player who did. You get how they price players right?

Every layer who had a full season last year in the same price bracket would have averaged the same.

I picked him because he potentially has a bigger role this season.
I didnt really notice much change to him in PS? Maybe up onto wing a bit more, if anything? But thats just me! Back yourself :)

Mcmahon, Newman or Bock i would look at

how is mcmahon different to any other running back....like couldnt i get gilbee for a similar score but cheaper

with bock....i dont like picking the kick to kick players....especially the key posiition players because games might not suit that sort of style so they get very little points....he might be taken out of the game by a full forward etc

Newman is an iffy one for me because i dont know much about his role in richmonds side???....can someone fill me in about newman

Willie,
I would look at downgrading Judd to someone like a Travis Tuck, downgrade Bock & use the generated cash to upgrade Gumbleton or Garlett. Shift Walker to the bench & you will be ready to go.
Thanks a lot, going through it again now to make those changes.

Any feedback would be much appreciated! This is the first year I have really taken DT seriously, so I would like to do well.

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, C Cornes, Bock, Drummond, Raines, Hill (Petrenko, Broughton)

Mids: Ablett, Gibbs, Judd, Masten, Mackay, Rich (Davenport, Robinson)

Rucks: Cox, McIntosh (Giles, Spencer)

Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Chapman, Houlihan, Higgins, Skipworth, Hentschel (Walker, Garlett)

I have $70,000 left in the cap. Are there any obvious changes that need to be made? Also is it smart to have two players (Gibbs, Judd) from the same team in the mids? I wasn't sure, but I think they are both going to have big years. :confused:

I'd suggest someone else other than Drummond, he will cause you headaches, very injury prone.

Other than that it looks ok.

I'd also suggest having around 20K in the bank, 70K is waste, you will fall behind.

Made a few changes and came up with this:

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, C Cornes, Lockyer, Adcock, Raines, Hill (Petrenko, Broughton)

Mids: Ablett, Gibbs, C Morton, Masten, Mackay, Rich (Davenport, Robinson)

Rucks: Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)

Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Chapman, Houlihan, Veszpremi, Higgins, Skipworth (Walker, Garlett)

$32,500 left to play with

Backs- Hodge, Cornes, Newman, M. Clarke, Drummond, Raines, S. Hill (Rance, Suban)

Mids- Ablett, Gibbs, Kerr, S. Selwood, Rich, T. Tuck (Davenport, Beams)

Rucks- Hille, Cox (Graham, Spencer)

Fowards- Deledio, Sylvia, Roughead, Lucas, Ziebell, Higgins, Skipworth (Yarran, Gumbleton)

70k left.

Pretty standard team. Stocked my Backs and Rucks leaving my fowards very bare. Not sure what to do about this. Too many mid range players, but I haven't been following closely enough to know who is solid in the lower price range.

Thoughts?

Will probably settle this for now:

B: Goddard, Enright, Cornes, Lockyer, Adock, Raines, S Hill, (Petrenko, Suban)
M: Selwood, Pendlebury, Montagna, Gibbs, Houli, Rich (Anthony, Beams)
R: Hille, Kreuzer (Roughead, Graham)
F: Chapman, J Brown, B Johnson, ROK, Higgins, Skipworth, Krakouer (J Ziebell, M Brown)

Made a few changes and came up with this:

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, C Cornes, Lockyer, Adcock, Raines, Hill (Petrenko, Broughton)

Mids: Ablett, Gibbs, C Morton, Masten, Mackay, Rich (Davenport, Robinson)

Rucks: Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)

Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Chapman, Houlihan, Veszpremi, Higgins, Skipworth (Walker, Garlett)

$32,500 left to play with

I like it.

You have your base players worked out now just do your research on these players, Veszpremi, Mackay and C.Morton and if they are the best around that price range, go for it.

Your backline is the strongest when i look at it.

Backs- Hodge, Cornes, Newman, M. Clarke, Drummond, Raines, S. Hill (Rance, Suban)

Fowards- Deledio, Sylvia, Roughead, Lucas, Ziebell, Higgins, Skipworth (Yarran, Gumbleton)

70k left.

Pretty standard team. Stocked my Backs and Rucks leaving my fowards very bare. Not sure what to do about this. Too many mid range players, but I haven't been following closely enough to know who is solid in the lower price range.

Thoughts?

Your foward line is very weak and very inconsistent.

You need to change it.

Gave it a go, not as easy as it sounds ;)

bfteam.jpg

Bit of light relief from the serious questions. Thanks.

Well I can see that, but who do you suggest I take out for who? I would take out Drummond or Clarke in the backs to free up cash, but I'm not sure of any good players for lower prices. What is the word on players like Adam Hunter, Bret Thornton, Roger Hayden (although I already have a few Freo players) and Malceski (risky)? Or should I (although I am reluctant to) downgrade Hille or Cox to free up cash.

Just saying that it needs to be changed isn't actually very helpful.

EDIT: is this any better?

Backs- Hodge, Cornes, Thornton, Adcock, Malceski, Raines, S. Hill (Rance, Suban)

Fowards- Deledio, Sylvia, Roughead, Alwyn Davey, Ziebell, Higgins, Monfries (Sidebottom, Gumbleton)

51k left in bank. Could upgrade a foward. Suggestions overall?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would probably start by downgrading Hill to Leuenberger, I did this to free enough cash to upgrade my defence. Just praying Cox does not get injured!

DT23march.jpg

Any thoughts guys? I think my ruck is the weakest area, would it be worth upgrading leuenberger at the expense of a gibbs/selwood type?

Be warned dont be fooled by his form last week, Charman wasnt playing. This happened with Wood last year. He scored i think 2 scores around 90, then fraser came back in and he struggled.

My advice, you can take it with a grain of salt but i would downgrade Roger Hayden to Hill on field, you should find the cash to upgrade Leuy.

hey guys just wondering wat u think of my team and any changes u recommend
backs: S Fisher, B Goddard, C Cornes, T Lockyer, R Houlihan, A Raines, S Hill : Petrenko, Suban/Broughton
Mids: G Ablett, K Cornes, J Selwood, B Gibbs, S Butler, D Rich : M Robinson, D Beams
Rucks: D Cox, B Ottens : J Spencer, S Jacobs
FWDs: B Deledio, A Didak, D Giansiricusa, S Lucas, S Higgins, H Skipworth/ N Krakour, J Ziebell: S Sidebottom, T Walker

Hodge Goddard P Burgoyne Stevens Geary Raines Broughton
Bartel Dalziel S Burgoyne Wells Jones L Anthony
Hille Bryan
Deledio N Brown Goodwin Lovett T Cloke Higgins Skipworth

In a word: good. I'd tweak it a bit, though. Chapman for someone durable like Gia. Sidebottom to M Brown or T Walker (more likely to get early games - you could possibly downgrade them to Sidebottom later). And lastly, Meyer to L. Anthony.

Interesting choice with Houli. He can score big, so if he can keep on the field then you're backing a winner.

DreamTeam.jpg

Keep in mind this isn't my finalised squad. Like most, I'll still be chopping and changing here and there until lockout.

My main area of concern is with the Defenders. I'd like to fit in another premium-type guy (at the expense of either Simon Buckley or Grant Birchall), but I'm not sure where the money could come from to be honest, as I only have $36,300 left, and am reasonably happy with a lot of the selections in other positions. Actually, I'm not even sure if another premium down back is really necessary or even possible without a major re-shuffle.

I'm not usually the type to do the whole comparison/see what people think bit, but I figure that I may as well just put it out there and get some thoughts on it :thumbsu:

Vespremi out for 8 weeks with broken finger mate.

Clearly, I need to get further up to speed on current injuries. As I said, I only found out about Carrazzo in the past few days, and now I find out about Veszpremi. Like most, I liked his upside, but I have a few ideas for a replacement as well.

EDIT: Veszpremi traded for Scott Lucas. It's a tentative move, as I'd ideally have traded for Robert Gray, but I'm just short on cash by about $10,000 for that to happen. I'll see what creative re-shuffling I can do in the meantime.

Scott Lucas out for Nathan Krakeour and Trent Hentschel out for Mitch Brown will free up some cash for that backline of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back