DT Squads Part Three

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am very new to DT, (have previously played SC), and have done a preliminary draft but any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

B: Goddard, Chornes, Enright, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill (Suban, Petrenko)
C: Ablett, Kornes, Gibbs, Hasleby, T Tuck, Rich (Robinson, Beams)
R: Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)
F: Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Deledio, L Davis, Higginis, Skipworth, Ziebell (Brown, Walker)

Be brutal if you must...

I guess. I'd never say that there's a problem with too many players from 1 team unless the team is on a major slide. It's all based on the player not the team.

True, but if a team gets more possessions than any other team, then surely the players within that team would have more chance of finding more of the ball...in theory anyway.

Have taken a couple of gambles but i think i might stick with this team

B- Goddard-Cornes-Shaw-Mundy-Adcock-Houlihan-Nicoski rance cheney

C-Ablett-Kornes-Cross-J Selwood-Hasleby-Rich robinson anthony

R- Sandilands-Ottens Meesen Graham

F- Didak-R Murphy-Sylvia-Lucas-Davey-Higgins-Hentschel gumbleton brown

thoughts???

Have taken a couple of gambles but i think i might stick with this team

B- Goddard-Cornes-Shaw-Mundy-Adcock-Houlihan-Nicoski rance cheney

C-Ablett-Kornes-Cross-J Selwood-Hasleby-Rich robinson anthony

R- Sandilands-Ottens Meesen Graham

F- Didak-R Murphy-Sylvia-Lucas-Davey-Higgins-Hentschel gumbleton brown

thoughts???

R Murphy in doubt round 1

Hey All,

Just would like opinions on my team:

Backs

S. Fisher
B. Goddard
C. Cornes
J. Drummond
R. Houlihan
A. Raines
S. Hill
Subs (Petrenko & Broughton)

Mids

G. Ablett
D. Swan
Kornes
B. Gibbs
P. Haselby
D. Rich
Subs (Beams & Anthony)

Rucks

D. Cox
B. Ottens
Subs (Graham & Jacobs)

Fwds

B. Deledio
D. Giansiracusa
M. Pavlich
H. Skipworth
S. Higgins
N. Krakouer
C. Yarran
Subs (Thompson & M. Brown)

Any thoughts on what i should be would be great!

Thanks.

Great side, only thought is i read an article that said Yarran is likely to play 3-4 in VFL first as he's not match fit.

Maybe a sideways to Hentschal or down to walker?

hey guys playing

haselby, tuck , rich in my MID is that too risky, ive seen ppl talkn bout play cheap middles so is there anythin wrong with those 3 ?

Nah mate back yaself in, all 3 are good cash cows. And all at different paces which is good. Rich will rise sharply. Then a little bit slower Tuck, and slowly Haselby will top out last imo.

Great side, only thought is i read an article that said Yarran is likely to play 3-4 in VFL first as he's not match fit.

Maybe a sideways to Hentschal or down to walker?

Lucky you said this! i have him starting with Brown and Walker on the bench.
Who do you think out of Hentschel and Ziebell. Leaning towards hentscel because more likely for games.

Lucky you said this! i have him starting with Brown and Walker on the bench.
Who do you think out of Hentschel and Ziebell. Leaning towards hentscel because more likely for games.

Yeah both prob wont set the world on fire but Id lean towards Hentschal on job security. He will get better as the year goes on so he's not the worst pick up.

Now this is my tip if for you; Hentschal and Otten are at the same price, so maybe a downgrade of a mid to Otten and an upgrade of Hentschal to a Krakouer, Skippy or higher depending on your mid downgrade. Just a theory mate, if you like it run without otherwise dont stress.

Evening BF,

Backs: Hodge,Mackie,Fisher,Cornes,Shaw,Houlihan,Hill,Suban,Petrenko

Mids:Ablett,Cross,Selwood,Gibbs,Skipworth,Anthony,Beams,Robinson

Rucks: Cox,Mcintosh,Currie,Spencer

Forwards:pavlich,Deledio,Chapman,Higgins,Krakouer,Hentschel,Walker,M. Brown,Ballyntyne

Thoughts? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evening BF,

Backs: Hodge,Mackie,Fisher,Cornes,Shaw,Houlihan,Hill,Suban,Petrenko

Mids:Ablett,Cross,Selwood,Gibbs,Skipworth,Anthony,Beams,Robinson

Rucks: Cox,Mcintosh,Currie,Spencer

Forwards:pavlich,Deledio,Chapman,Higgins,Krakouer,Hentschel,Walker,M. Brown,Ballyntyne

Thoughts? :)

Wow nice team. Can't really see anything wrong with it, although your forward line is a bit vulnerable.

Can I ask why everyone is so keen on Hill. Havnt seen any pre-season freo games but for 142k for someone who has never played he must be pretty good...

Wow nice team. Can't really see anything wrong with it, although your forward line is a bit vulnerable.

Can I ask why everyone is so keen on Hill. Havnt seen any pre-season freo games but for 142k for someone who has never played he must be pretty good...
True, lack of backline options I guess + Palmer last season. Could go Raines for that price.

Drummond might be a good backline option at 300k, it allows you to spend the 100k somewhere else... eg: forward line. Anyway can you answer my question about Hill!

Drummond might be a good backline option at 300k, it allows you to spend the 100k somewhere else... eg: forward line. Anyway can you answer my question about Hill!
I thought I did :confused:

Anyway, there are not many backman rookies who look likely to play, plus Hill scored 72 in his first NAB Cup game so it seems he has the potential to score well.

Having said that, there is an article in the West Australia today titled "Harvey won't declare Hill a certain starter" so it might be worth swapping him for a safer? option like Raines.

latest version probably wont get changed much untill i see teams

Backs: Hodge,Cornes,Enright,Goddard,Houlihan,Raines,Hill(petrenko,broughton)

Centres: Dalziell,Selwood J, Simpson k, Pearce, Tuck t, Rich(beams,anthony)

Rucks:Cox,Sandilands(jacobs,spencer)

Fwd: Deledio,Franklin,Goodwin,Cloke,Higgins,Krakouer,Hentschel(walker,brown)

Backline seems to be fine to me mids i've gone with with 2 expensive players and then 3 mid range who looks like improving, rucks nothing needs to be said and the fwd line has a good mix it looks like. any comments will be welcome

latest version probably wont get changed much untill i see teams

Backs: Hodge,Cornes,Enright,Goddard,Houlihan,Raines,Hill(petrenko,broughton)

Centres: Dalziell,Selwood J, Simpson k, Pearce, Tuck t, Rich(beams,anthony)

Rucks:Cox,Sandilands(jacobs,spencer)

Fwd: Deledio,Franklin,Goodwin,Cloke,Higgins,Krakouer,Hentschel(walker,brown)

Backline seems to be fine to me mids i've gone with with 2 expensive players and then 3 mid range who looks like improving, rucks nothing needs to be said and the fwd line has a good mix it looks like. any comments will be welcome

I don't like your midfield. You have spent a lot of money in the rucks, maybe downgrade one of those to pick up some better mids.

I think people are expecting Hill to make them some money early on, as well as be a decent scoring option for a rookie. The fact that he's a high draft pick (#3 overall), coupled with the Docker's need to play the younger guys (they haven't got much else to work with), and the success of Rhys Palmer last year are the main reasons people are getting on him. He seems a bit light-on at just 69kg, but if he plays in a loose, running role, either on a wing or down back, then I'm sure it won't be too much of a problem. Reportedly he's a good ball winner at ground level (a la Palmer), and if the Dockers went with him over his more highly-touted fellow WA standout Daniel Rich, then he must have something to his game.

Personally, I haven't picked him because I wasn't sure if he'll be playing in the first couple of rounds. I want my young players making cash for me from the get-go, not having to wait and waste a spot which could be making me money instead. If I know he's definitely playing (I'm pretty sure he will be from what I read), I might just make a late change and get on myself.

Even though I'm not the most up-to-date person with injuries, for those that have Hayden Ballantine, he's a good talent and a decent choice, but from what I've read, he probably won't play until about Round 6 due to a wrist injury.

Yeh thanks for that, I think I will stick with Petrenko and avoid Hill. Too many question marks for a 142k rookie.

I think people are expecting Hill to make them some money early on, as well as be a decent scoring option for a rookie. The fact that he's a high draft pick (#3 overall), coupled with the Docker's need to play the younger guys (they haven't got much else to work with), and the success of Rhys Palmer last year are the main reasons people are getting on him.

Personally, I haven't got on because I'm not sure if he'll be playing in the first couple of rounds. I want to make my cash with the young guys early, so I don't see the point in picking guys who ultimately don't play, have them sitting on the bench not scoring, and therefore not gaining me anything cash wise, when I could have someone in the same spot whose value could be going up at the same time.

As well as that, the AFL Prospectus doesn't really think he'll make an impact this year, and if he does, it's more likely to be in Supercoach, as he's more suited to that type of game. I know the Prospectus' word isn't gospel (and ultimately you should go with how you feel yourself, and just use stats and research to back up your thoughts), but it does have some good advice in there, and is a handy tool in regards to rookies that you know next to nothing about. It seems to think another Docker, Nick Suban, is a better bet for a rookie defender to start with this year. I'm not sure if he'll get a game early on either, but from what I understand, he's a bit more AFL-ready than Hill at this stage, so if he did play, he's probably the more likely of the two to make an immediate impact anyway.

Even though I'm not the most up-to-date person with injuries, for those that have Hayden Ballantine, he's a good talent and a decent choice, but from what I've read, he probably won't play until about Round 6 due to a wrist injury.

who do you suppose is going to make you cash then champ.

Hey everyone, after reading some posts and some articles this is my team. Any thoughts? I think it lacks a couple of elite players, what are your thoughts/advice? (bench in bold) I have $235,600 left to spend.

Defenders
C Enright, C Cornes, H Shaw, L Gilbee, J Drummond D Myers A Raines
J Petrenko L Hill

Midfield
K Cornes, B Gibbs, J Selwood, S Pendlebury, J Morton, P Hasleby, M Robinson, L Anthony

Ruck
A Sandilands, H McIntosh, D Currie, J Spencer

Forwards
M Pavlich, D Giansiracusa, D Thomas, S Higgins, T Hentschel, J Ziebell, S Sidebottom, T Walker, S Gumbleton

Hey everyone, after reading some posts and some articles this is my team. Any thoughts? I think it lacks a couple of elite players, what are your thoughts/advice? (bench in bold) I have $235,600 left to spend.

Defenders
C Enright, C Cornes, H Shaw, L Gilbee, J Drummond D Myers A Raines
J Petrenko L Hill

Midfield
K Cornes, B Gibbs, J Selwood, S Pendlebury, J Morton, P Hasleby, M Robinson, L Anthony

Also $235000 is a lot to have left over, better off trying to get 30 players who will get games early.

Ruck
A Sandilands, H McIntosh, D Currie, J Spencer

Forwards
M Pavlich, D Giansiracusa, D Thomas, S Higgins, T Hentschel, J Ziebell, S Sidebottom, T Walker, S Gumbleton
I'd look at that forward line first. Possibly get Krakouer and Walker in (oh you already changed it anyway) plus definitely Mitch Brown for Gumbleton. Also maybe Skipworth.

$235000 is a lot to have left over. I think you are better off trying to get 30 players on the park in the early rounds.

Hey All,

D. Cox
B. Ottens
Subs (Graham & Jacobs)

Thanks.

Why not have Spencer instead of Graham. The word is that Andrew Browne is being picked ahead of Angus for tomorrow night and Spencer will get his chance this year fo shizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back