DT Squads Part Three

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
$165,300 left.

I don't know what to think about my team. It's pretty much my first go through. I don't know how much I like McIntosh in my ruck. Last year was my first DT year and he was injured, but I remember the year before he was putting up good stats. Did they translate to DT? I'm happy with my backline, but I think I'm missing a premium in both the mids and fowards. Can anyone recommend any different rookies as well, I'm not up on them. Cheers :)

Upgrade Cousins or Kerr to ABC or Selwood or Cross etc

DT98.png

$19,300 left

I'm thinking of switching out Abblet for Bartel and during the season, when Ablett has his crap game, swap him in. I'm also thinking of swapping Gilbee for Adcock or maybe even Drummond but I have confidence Gilbee will dominate this year, he showed his commitment to AFL by shaving all his hair off, this illustrates that he doesn't care about good looks and wants to be reconized as an AFL player, similar story to Ablett! I'm also thinking about Swan, not sure who to choose out of him or someone like Kornes/Thomspan/Murphy/Cross etc. Also, I'm still confused with Fisher, I used to have him but replaced him with Goddard because everyone else has him and I don't know why.

Back:
Fisher, Goddard, Lockyer, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill
(Petrenko, Suban)

Mid:
Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Gibbs , Palmer, Rich
(Beams, Robinson)

Ruck:
HilleKruezer
(Graham, Spencer)

For:
Pavlich, Chapman, Goodwin, Thomas, Higgins, Skipworth, Zeibell
(Brown, Gumbleton)

Some decent squads out there. I sat down for a couple of hours this afternoon with some gin and my laptop and sorted out my team.

Im pretty happy with it to be honest, I think most of my players should score reasonably well plus they have room to go up.....

Any thoughts would be ace. :thumbsu:

Backs
Goddard
Chad
Lockyer
Malceski
Houlihan
Hill
-
Suban
Broughton

Mids
Selwood
Gibbs
Simpson
Schammer
Tuck
Ottens
-
Anthony
Jetta

Forwards
Buddy
Chapman
N Brown
O'Keefe
Higgins
Lucas
Skipworth
-
Krakouer
Thorp

Rucks
Cox
HMac
-
Graham
Spencer

Defenders:
Goddard, Cornes, Adcock, Drummond, Raines, Hill, Suban (Peterenko, Broughton)

Midfield:
Ablett, Swan, Dalziel, J Selwood, B Gibbs, D Rich (Anthony, beams)

Rucks:
D. Cox, M. Leunburger (Spencer, jacobs)

Fowards:
Richardson, Delidio, Franklin, Fevola, Higgins, Krakouer, Ziebell (Walker, Brown)

$98,000 left in the bank, im very worried about my defenders, any thoughts of what i can do?

It's very simple what you can do. You've spent a ridiculous amount of money in the midfield, downgrade some and upgrade Petrenko or Broughton. That team would look a lot better if Swan was downgraded to a Haselby and Petrenko or Broughton was a keeper.

B:
H. Shaw (Coll)
N. Malceski (Syd)
J. Drummond (Bris)
N. Bock (Ade)
C. Enright (Geel)
D. Fletcher (Ess)
A. Raines (Rich)
Emerg: J. Laidler (Geel) - Z. Dawson (St. K)

C:
D. Kerr (WC)
J. Selwood (Geel)
A. Goodes (Syd)
C. Judd (Carl)
N. Foley (Rich)
D. Rich (Bris)
Emerg: D. Beams (Coll) - M. Robinson (Carl)

R:
D. Hille (Ess)
D. Petrie (NM)
Emerg: A. Graham (Rich) - J. Meesen (Mel)

F:
B. Fevola (Carl)
R. O'Keefe (Syd)
P. Chapman (Geel)
J. Brown (Bris)
S. Higgins (WB)
J. Anthony (Coll)
J. Ziebell (NM)
Emerg: C. Yarran (Carl) - T. Walker (Ade)

Money in the bank: $4, 500

Thoughts?

I was thinking that if I wanted I could downgrade Raines to Hill + downgrade O' Keefe to Porplyzia and then purchase an upgrade for Foley in the midfield. Otherwise I am very happy with the spread of scoring I'll get with this team.

Backs - Goddard, Cornes, Lockyer, Adcock, Malceski, Raines, Hill
Mids - Cross, Ball, Gibbs, Mackay, Rich, Anthony
Rucks - Cox, Hille
Forwards - Pavlich, Deledio, Chapman, J.Brown, Higgins, Skipworth, Krakouer

Emerg -
Suban, Broughton
Beams, Robinson
Jacobs, Spencer
Ziebell, M.Brown

Pretty much locked that team in. 145,000 left over

With 145,000 you should maybe upgrade Ball and Brown to premiums :thumbsu:

LLH, I'd downgrade Kerr or Goodes to a cheapish midfielder or Anthony to a rookie forward like M. Brown rather than downgrading Raines and ROK, especially considering Porps probably won't play Round 1. But I do think you'd be better off upgrading Foley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey people thoughts on my side would be great, l've gone wit a gun midd and then l will put my trades into my fwds and backs, as l think there is more variety with rookies up fwd.

Goddard, Enright, Cornes, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill
(suban, patrenko)

Ablett, Swan, Cornes, Cross, Hayes, Rich
(beams, anthony/robinson)

Cox, Mcintosh
(spencer, jacobs)

Harvey, SJohonson, NBrown, Higgins, Skipworth, Thompson, MBrown
(walker, ziebell)

What you guys think??

I disagree. Foley has the potential to average 90+ and is only 332K

I disagree with your disagreement. IMO Foley will never be a good DTer. I rate him as a player, but he handballs too much and doesn't take enough marks or kick enough goals to get good DT scores. The only statistic he's been consistently high in is handballs, and that's not good enough for DT. He averaged over 24 disposals in '07 yet only averaged just above 80 DT points. To put that in perspective, Bryce Gibbs averaged about 3 and a half less disposals and averaged 87. Foley would need to start racking up nearly 30possessions on average per game to average 90+ unless his role changes.

Hodge, Goddard, Cornes, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill (Suban Broughton)

Ablett Kornes Dalziell Gibbs Haselby Rich (Anthony Otten)

Cox McIntosh (Jacobs Spencer)

Deledio Chapman Franklin Higgins Skipworth Krakouer Hentshell (Brown Walker)

Have gone for a lot of depth in the midfield
Thougths?

Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Lockyer, Adcock, Mundy, Raines, Hill (Suban, Petrenko)
Mids: Ablett, Kornes, Selwood, Gibbs, Masten, Rich (Anthony, Beams)
Rucks: Cox, Sandlilands (Graham, Jacobs)
Forwards: Deledio, Didak, Harvey, Higgins, Skipworth, two out of Ziebell; Yarran; Brown (other one of the three, Walker)
$4k left over

I originally had Hasleby in there for Selwood, but after trading in Suban for Grimes I had a big cash surplus and I like the look of JS for this year. My forward line is pretty weak, but Selwood at around the $400k mark presents better value imo than upgrading Yarran to a lowly keeper such as ROK and having Otten in the mids. Advice would be much appreciated. :)

I currently have Daniel Bradshaw and Josh Drummond, and am not sure whether to change this combination to Dale Thomas and Jed Adcock.
I believe Daniel Bradshaw is more likely on the decline than the rise. And it could be Dale Thomas' break out year.
Jed Adcock and Josh Drummond are likely to average around the same, and are basically the same price.
But choosing Dale Thomas would go against every single moral fiber i have in my body.
Please, help me

Back:
Fisher, Goddard, Lockyer, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill
(Petrenko, Suban)

Mid:
Ablett, .K.Cornes, Selwood, Gibbs , Palmer, Rich
(Beams, Robinson)

Ruck:
Hille, Kruezer
(Graham, Spencer)

For:
Richo, Deledio, Goodwin, Thomas, Higgins, Skipworth, Zeibell
(Brown, Gumbleton)

Any thoughts would be good as. Any ways I could improve... :thumbsu:

lots of people seem to be going with Rich as their seventh mid and beams and robinson/anthony on the bench.
Some have gone with otten and rich both starting but i have gone with otten on the bench as an extra cash cow.
Is 120 000 too much to have on the bench?

lots of people seem to be going with Rich as their seventh mid and beams and robinson/anthony on the bench.
Some have gone with otten and rich both starting but i have gone with otten on the bench as an extra cash cow.
Is 120 000 too much to have on the bench?

In the midfield, I'd say yes. A combination of Beams, Anthony and Robinson will probably be good enough. You don't need to spend extra. But if Otten was available as a back, or maybe as a forward (because there are lots of options but most of them probably won't score that well) then I'd have nothing against it.

I currently have Daniel Bradshaw and Josh Drummond, and am not sure whether to change this combination to Dale Thomas and Jed Adcock.
I believe Daniel Bradshaw is more likely on the decline than the rise. And it could be Dale Thomas' break out year.
Jed Adcock and Josh Drummond are likely to average around the same, and are basically the same price.
But choosing Dale Thomas would go against every single moral fiber i have in my body.
Please, help me

Ignore your moral fibres when picking your Dream Team. I had Nick Stevens last year and he was one of the pickups of the year, I don't regret it for a second. But I still hate the Judas prick.

And yes, you should definitely make that switch. Or if you're a risk taker keep Drummond and downgrade Bradshaw anyway, because I'd be very surprised if Bradshaw outscores Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back