DT Squads Part Three

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
captureerg.jpg

Anyone have any opinions. Maybe foward line is a bit weak, also not sure about my rookie rucks, I just picked cheap ones. I recall Knights having good scores, but I never actually searched up his stats or anything.

This is a good team but I would be starting Hentschel on the field instead of Yarran and I dont really rate McIntosh. Also are you comfortable with 3 rookies starting? If you get some injuries then having such a top-heavy line-up can hurt.

Thoughts on the team below please -
Backs - Goddard, Cornes C, Burgoyne P, Malceski, Raines, Dodd, Smith (Greenwood, Suban)

Mids - Ablett, Judd, Cousins, Sewell, Knights, Rich, (Beams, Robinson)

Rucks - Cox, Tippert (Cordy, Jacobs)

Forwards -Pavlich, Richardson, Roughhead, Houlihan, Hansen, Davey (Ess) Hentschell, (Sidebottom, Ziebell)

Fair call, but there are much better options for DT.

I don't disagree with that, neither of them are in my team, but calling them horrible options is a bit harsh. If the fact that there are better options makes you a 'horrible choice' then IMO players like Steve Johnson and Brent Harvey are 'horrible choices'.

My team so far
Backs,Mackie,Fisher S,Cornes,Houlihan,Dempsey,Raines,Hill
S,Rance,Patrenko

Midfield
Ablett, Swan, Murphy M, Foley, Hasleby, Rich, Anthony, Beams

Forwards
Pavlich, Richardson, Harvey B, Goodwin, Skipworth, Higgins, Ziebell, Sidebottom, Ballantyne

Any views/comments

Yep, you don't have any rucks

I dont think you can say this? He's showed in the nab cup IMO that he has the potential to average 85-90 which is solid! While he may struggle alot with a tag, it could be argued that cousins and deledio will release him from this at times. Just my opinion though.

Like I said, he scored 81 points from an average of 24.2 disposals in '07, and 75 from an average of 22.2 disposals in '08. IMO, a midfield keeper has to average 90 at the very least, and going by his history Foley would have to average 27+ disposals to average 90 DT points. If anyone reading this thinks he can do that, feel free to pick him, but don't just pick him on the basis of him improving as an AFL player.

Think I'm close to my final selections:

BACKS: Hodge, Fisher, Goddard, Malceski, Myers, Raines, Hill (Petrenko, Suban)

MIDS: Bartel, Corey, Murphy, Judd, T.Tuck, Rich (Robinson, Beams)

RUCKS: Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)

FWDS: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Chapman, Higgins, Skipworth, Hentschel, Ziebell (Walker, Brown)

Does anyone see any major glaring errors there?

Think I'm close to my final selections:

BACKS: Hodge, Fisher, Goddard, Malceski, Myers, Raines, Hill (Petrenko, Suban)

MIDS: Bartel, Corey, Murphy, Judd, T.Tuck, Rich (Robinson, Beams)

RUCKS: Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)

FWDS: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Chapman, Higgins, Skipworth, Hentschel, Ziebell (Walker, Brown)

Does anyone see any major glaring errors there?

I don't know that much, but the only thing i would say is the fact that you have both Fisher AND Goddard in your backline, and that you have 2 of ABC in your midfield. But this is just my opinion.

I think I'm almost at my final team selection, and I know that my team is rather similar to a lot of others. If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated.................

BACKLINE:
Hodge, Goddard, C.Cornes, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill (Egan, Rance)

MIDFIELD: Ablett, Swan, Gibbs, T. Tuck, Haselby, Rich (Beams, Anthony)

RUCK: Cox, Hille (Meesen, Browne)

FORWARD: Pavlich, Deledio, Didak, Thomas, Higgins, Hentschel, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Ballantyne)

Thanks in advance

So just about everyone is starting Hill then?
Yeah I have to say that I find this quite risky. I havnt picked him because I cant see any evidence to suggest that he is gauranteed a game, but I havnt seen him play that much. At 142k you would want to be sure that he's going to play a lot of games.

Yeah I have to say that I find this quite risky. I havnt picked him because I cant see any evidence to suggest that he is gauranteed a game, but I havnt seen him play that much. At 142k you would want to be sure that he's going to play a lot of games.

His on my pine:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward line needs plenty of work.

I had Kruezer last year and he did absolutely nothing for me, I'd suggest checking out some other options and use Kruezer as a last resort.

It's all about value.

Players like Riewoldt and Franklin (who I want) are susceptible to form slumps. So I would prefer to pick them up a bit later for a less inflated price. (last year they dropped something ridiculous like 100grand)

I do worry about my rucks though. I have faith in Kruezer playing most games and improving his average, which is all I need. But it will be a difficult position to upgrade.

I dont get it..
I am scared about my backline, and I have 0 rookies starting - although I have Raines.
And im scared that I wont have backup for when someone doesnt play.
People are starting Raines and Hill... :S

what we reckon??
barring some horror selections i think this will be the final team

myDT.jpg
Thats a great team , not much Id change in that really . I know the forward line has a few risks but your midfield makes up for it. I would do as you have a take the risk of Skipworth & Krakover , they could be huge surprise packages this year. but the only flaw I would change is you have to lose Hentschel , too big a risk there, I would swap McIntosh for someone like Lauenburger and pick a more reliable forward. but otherwise great mate

Why Houli? He's overpriced from what I can remember...

Houli is a fit as a fiddle and knows how to find the footy. He was injured for the most of last year and apparnetly is set for a big year.
as for petterd it is a simmilar scenario, i know he wont be getting 100ss but if he can get around the 70s give or take ill be happy.
Hill on the other hand os the one i worry about, e is so skinny and even if he does play i dnt think it will be for the whole year. i cant find a suitable alternative though.

I think I'm almost at my final team selection, and I know that my team is rather similar to a lot of others. If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated.................

BACKLINE:
Hodge, Goddard, C.Cornes, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill (Egan, Rance)

MIDFIELD: Ablett, Swan, Gibbs, T. Tuck, Haselby, Rich (Beams, Anthony)

RUCK: Cox, Hille (Meesen, Browne)

FORWARD: Pavlich, Deledio, Didak, Thomas, Higgins, Hentschel, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Walker)

Need feedback desperately, thanks

untitled-2.jpg

I have taken some suggestions on board, and this is what my team looks like

I think this is my final team, what does everyone think ???

I think you gotta get Maxy outta there, not a good DT'er.

All players price is based on their performance last year. So it's not really convincing to get rid of somebody because they're not a good DTer, because in that case they will be cheaper.

It would be different if they were expected to score less than they did the year before. But Maxwell is pushing up to the wing more, he should improve a little this year. (but by no means my best pick in the team)

i need some convincing with adcock...

what is gonna be different from last year....if i can remember he played in the midfield and struggled

but the year before he dominated....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back