DT Talk 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Post may have actually had a bit of sting to it.... Had it not come from one of the clear top 5 worst posters on any forum. Your credibility and character has been questionable long before the idea of FFC had even been coined. Up there with Celtic Pride and Black Flag you are DWD.

Maybe try coming at me with one of your aliases champ ;) That way I may not know it is you (although you are very recognisable) and actually take your rubbish on board.

Can you tell me why one of my alias was asked to join the FFC league for the second time, wait first time just a different name??

Good one, you mean well little guy, but try again.

Ha ha :thumbsu:

I also think it was an interesting trade, but the thing is it backfired so spectacularly because he was a late wdl wasn't he?

I am actually not sure what notorious was getting at with his not making mistakes comment, but everyone makes mistakes in any year, it just happens. Minimising the damage is important, and you still had a bloody good year.

I think the reason it gets brought up is because of that bloody famous dream team coaches thread. Maybe we can do something similar this year with fresh blood and someone will do something worse and you'll be off the radar!

Actually that thread wasn't too bad in the end despite the odd bait thrown at a coach or two.

fresh blood is the idea, maybe a few FFC guys? Maybe notorious? Do we just need one FFC coach :p

Ausyid did have a good year despite that, and some coaches made bigger mistakes than that.

Take molly and his Vince trade...

Now as far as I'm go, I'm a 27 year old married man with a kid. If some snotty nosed little punk like the ones being portrayed in this thread tried to tell me that I had to pick player x in my Dream Team, (which I play for the fun and love of) or I couldn't be in their little group, my first response would be to tell them where they could stick their forum and find my own way out the door.

I hope that FFC as a private forum is either nothing like it has been portrayed and has come across in their team selections. I still have a feeling that maybe the people that are not 27 with a kid who plays DT for fun and love are not being completely spoon fed their team.

I know that DWD gets portrayed as a bad guy often, but I am almost certain that much of what he says about the mantra of FFC in its EARLY days was true.

Considering that the person that kicked him out of FFC has now also been removed from FFC, even after this person had spent hours and hours building the group, I also find strange.

Maybe this person was a control freak and did attempt to manipulate the group to think a certain way. Considering he did finish in the top 50, his concepts were very sound.

As I said earlier, I hope for FFC's sake they keep an environment that is conducive for people like you Bert to keep posting and enjoying the forum.

Like every private forum, it takes time to settled down and you slowly weed out the idiots and people that dont think for themselves, just leach.

Can you tell me why one of my alias was asked to join the FFC league for the second time, wait first time just a different name??

Good one, you mean well little guy, but try again.

I'm bigger than this so I'm walking away. Just considering this is a DT Talk video thread on the Dream team board and all. Not Bay 13. (If you'd like to join me over there though etc, etc, etc)

I've got better things to be doing with my time than playing games with you or worrying and sooking about what other posters or groups are doing with their Dream Teams. I've got MY OWN to get to.

Kthxbai xoxox

Where was this man with the Iron fist when I traded in Seaby? I made plenty of mistakes last year, I had Medhurst, I traded out Waters after he scored 100 (150 the next week) etc. If I wanted Corey, I would have gone for him but I chose Chapman in the midfield for DP benefits. We all control our own teams but whether you want to believe that or not is totally up to you.

This is a good point. Sure stubz thought it was a bad trade, but did I make it anyway? Yeah I did, because its my team and the research I did told me he would be a good pick. A number of people went with Seaby, this wouldnt have been "allowed" had we been run under the Iron Fist... :rolleyes:

Ill never deny that there is a group think mentality, as we all work together and share research. I dont see this as a bad thing. Does anyone tell us who to pick? No. Team decisions are always left to the individual, would never let someone tell me how to pick my team, and would never tell anyone they "must" pick certain players.

This is a good point. Sure stubz thought it was a bad trade, but did I make it anyway? Yeah I did, because its my team and the research I did told me he would be a good pick. A number of people went with Seaby, this wouldnt have been "allowed" had we been run under the Iron Fist... :rolleyes:

Ill never deny that there is a group think mentality, as we all work together and share research. I dont see this as a bad thing. Does anyone tell us who to pick? No. Team decisions are always left to the individual, would never let someone tell me how to pick my team, and would never tell anyone they "must" pick certain players.

Good post Hodges. I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing the research load, in a way that's what happens at BF. As long as people have the choice to make their own decisions there's no issue that I can see. I joined FFC a week or so ago, so I can't really comment but from what I've seen the discussion seems similar to here, just guys talking about different options. I would hate to be told who I had to pick but there's nothing wrong with having your ideas challenged.

I've just come home, and found this shitstorm!

Let me give you a bit of a background about FFC and hopefully we can have everyone on the same page here. At the moment, this thread looks like EDT, DWD and a few others arguing one thing and FFC guys arguing about something completely different. There's talk of evidence and proof on both sides, but there's no real issues being addressed by either side.

FFC was founded by two members in January of 2010. One of those members, who is no longer a part of the site, let alone an admin, is a very headstrong individual and had a very clear vision of what he wanted FFC to be. Unfortunately, in the most part, this vision was not grounded in reality. He had visions of every team being "perfect" in the main part, brought about by lots of discussion. Unfortunately, this goal is not attainable by any group, no matter what the quality of posters is like.

I don't say this purely to badmouth this member. His passion for the site created a lot of the good things about the group - the mateship, the culture of discussing anything and everything to do with fantasy footy, be it the specifics (what are your thoughts on Player X?) to the general (do the numbers suggest that the midprice strategy is dead?). Over the months of January and early February, the group grew, and the admin/mod structure changed with that. The admins and mods worked hard to channell the energy of the member in question to positive ends, namely what I mentioned above, and to remove the impossible aspects of his vision.

Come late February and March, we'd reached an equilibrium, where his passion and exuberance was counter-balanced by our more measured approach. We maintained the best of both worlds - we had the discussion that was always intended, but there was never a consensus reached, let alone forced down our throats.

That is not to say that this person didn't post things which we didn't agree on, and intend to follow through with them, but cooler heads prevailed in every case. DWD can claim he was banned because he didn't want to pick Goddard etc., but the truth is, he was banned because his posting didn't improve in a different environment to BF like was hoped when he was recruited.

Regarding Rick Ladson, without being 100% sure, there is every possibility that a post similar to what OneEyedPie posted was written, but to take it out of the context I've given above is naive. The comment would also have been borne of the fact that we had two independent and reliable sources claiming that Ladson would have a fantasy friendly role in 2010.

So in short, I'm not backing away from that quote (although whether it's a direct quote or just an example, I don't know), but I'm providing context. The admin team would never have followed through with any claims along those lines, as much as a certain admin would have wanted to.

Come the end of the season, however, we decided that the site would be better off without such an equilibrium, and instead having all admins on the same page. The admin in question was offered a place in the forum still, but declined.

Regarding OneEyedPie's challenge - bring it on! We're aiming to repeat our DT efforts, and go one better in SC, and I'm sure EDT is aiming to topple us. However, we're after a friendly rivalry, none of the vitriol that has been posted by posters from both sides in this thread.

So if you're interested in a good old fashioned rivalry between the new kids on the block and the old timers, we're up for it too. If you want to take potshots at either group, that's your prerogative, but we're not interested.

All the best to all your teams, whatever their affiliation, in 2011, and may your teams and leagues finish just behind those of FFC.

Which one?

Majestic1, Its funny because they were all saying i got banned for being a shit poster. So i thought i would carry out an experiment and make an alias account and post normally. This posting would than give me a "msg recieved notification". I was actually not going to do it, but i knew it would be too hard to pass up. I accepted and they rightfully told me pretty much right there and than that i was a fine poster with a different name to me.

I know that DWD gets portrayed as a bad guy often, but I am almost certain that much of what he says about the mantra of FFC in its EARLY days was true.

Maybe this person was a control freak and did attempt to manipulate the group to think a certain way. Considering he did finish in the top 50, his concepts were very sound.

All true and not even exaggarating the info

Ahah those words bring back some good days and memories of arguments between me and Stubz, control freak, manipulate, FFC iron fist, my way or the high, your banned for not pick pav or buddy, superhero DTer.

Control freak was something i got banned for tellinng him a few times. FFC will be happy stubz left. He was going to leave when i was there because he thought he was becoming a bad person, at least he could see that, i made sure he could.

I enjoy being seen as the bad guy on these forums, afterall its a chat site who really cares. For those that know me outside of this know what kind of person i am, those who dont i care as much about as the grass growing outside.

Edit: Dont get me wrong Stubs is a gun DTer and i will give him the respect for that, i know from his past 2 years, trading and philosophy i kindly say its as good as ive seen, but at the end of the day, the guys a control manipulative freak.

Let me give you a bit of a background about FFC and hopefully we can have everyone on the same page here. At the moment, this thread looks like EDT, DWD and a few others arguing one thing and FFC guys arguing about something completely different. There's talk of evidence and proof on both sides, but there's no real issues being addressed by either side.

FFC was founded by two members in January of 2010. One of those members, who is no longer a part of the site, let alone an admin, is a very headstrong individual and had a very clear vision of what he wanted FFC to be. Unfortunately, in the most part, this vision was not grounded in reality. He had visions of every team being "perfect" in the main part, brought about by lots of discussion. Unfortunately, this goal is not attainable by any group, no matter what the quality of posters is like.

I don't say this purely to badmouth this member. His passion for the site created a lot of the good things about the group - the mateship, the culture of discussing anything and everything to do with fantasy footy, be it the specifics (what are your thoughts on Player X?) to the general (do the numbers suggest that the midprice strategy is dead?). Over the months of January and early February, the group grew, and the admin/mod structure changed with that. The admins and mods worked hard to channell the energy of the member in question to positive ends, namely what I mentioned above, and to remove the impossible aspects of his vision.

Come late February and March, we'd reached an equilibrium, where his passion and exuberance was counter-balanced by our more measured approach. We maintained the best of both worlds - we had the discussion that was always intended, but there was never a consensus reached, let alone forced down our throats.

That is not to say that this person didn't post things which we didn't agree on, and intend to follow through with them, but cooler heads prevailed in every case. DWD can claim he was banned because he didn't want to pick Goddard etc., but the truth is, he was banned because his posting didn't improve in a different environment to BF like was hoped when he was recruited.

Regarding Rick Ladson, without being 100% sure, there is every possibility that a post similar to what OneEyedPie posted was written, but to take it out of the context I've given above is naive. The comment would also have been borne of the fact that we had two independent and reliable sources claiming that Ladson would have a fantasy friendly role in 2010.

So in short, I'm not backing away from that quote (although whether it's a direct quote or just an example, I don't know), but I'm providing context. The admin team would never have followed through with any claims along those lines, as much as a certain admin would have wanted to.

Come the end of the season, however, we decided that the site would be better off without such an equilibrium, and instead having all admins on the same page. The admin in question was offered a place in the forum still, but declined.

Regarding OneEyedPie's challenge - bring it on! We're aiming to repeat our DT efforts, and go one better in SC, and I'm sure EDT is aiming to topple us. However, we're after a friendly rivalry, none of the vitriol that has been posted by posters from both sides in this thread.

So if you're interested in a good old fashioned rivalry between the new kids on the block and the old timers, we're up for it too. If you want to take potshots at either group, that's your prerogative, but we're not interested.

All the best to all your teams, whatever their affiliation, in 2011, and may your teams and leagues finish just behind those of FFC.

Cheers BTG, thanks for the context, in reality it's all that was needed to put this thing to bed. :thumbsu:

Obviously the landscapes changed a bit at FFC (for the better by the sounds) so good luck to you and the FFC boys.

Essentially it's 2009 DT and SC champs vs 2010 DT and SC champs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post BtG. Things did get a bit willing there but behind it all is a bunch of competitive blokes who want to win. Should be an epic clash.

NO ONE SPEAK UNTIL HE ANSWERS THIS QUESTION. IF HE CANT THAN WE KNOW HES LYING.

Can you tell me why i was asked to rejoin the group under an alias name again If my posting was so bad??

NO ONE POST UNTIL HE ANSWERS THAT PLEASE.

DWD, I don't know you and I don't care about this spat. But from the casual outsider you're posting style does change. Sometimes you are very informative and provide great insights. Other times you spew vitriol and absolute rubbish (intentionally misleading people).

If you reduced this bi-polar nature of posting you would be appreciated (more) by the BF community.

Man oh man. DT Talk 2011 thread has had more posts today than all the views we will get for the reast year I reckon!

Talking with my DT Talk hat on, I think it's great there are groups of people who keep taking DT to the next level. It's a great community to be a part of. I am sure the FFC one will become as strong as what EDT is in the future - especially with BTG and co who show a fair bit of intelligence around these parts. Great post by the way, what we've been waiting for in this thread.

From my end, rather than being defensive... just take it on the chin and be honest. You set out to win the leagues and did it! Well done. Noone can take that away from you. If EDT wanted to go down that path, they would but I think their individualism is something that has kept that group together over the past 5 years or so.

We as DT Talk don't have a private forum or whatever. We don't manufacture leagues or anything along those lines... (a couple of years ago we asked some regular contributers to get in a league which was fun... but it was just that, a league which might have ended top 20, can't remember)... yet some FFC people are keen to knock off the DT Talk leagues and like to chirp that up! Well, nice work! Set your standards high. ;)

EDT v FFC will be great. If "FFC 1" (+ 2) are 'normal' leagues with different blokes all playing for the car in their own way, then that will be a great thing to follow this year.

Funny what DT does to people!

Can you tell me why i was asked to rejoin the group under an alias name again If my posting was so bad??

Ill keep posting this until he answers it, that is all.

I dont try and mislead people, show me one post where i have mislead someone, where i havnt put a funny emotion next to it or posted after it to show that it wasnt a serious post. You can anwser that one twat, i mean tants???

It's been well documented that the FFC leagues aren't true leagues. They certainly don't play within the spirit of the game in the sense that each member within the leagues don't have true autonomy over their team. I'm sure FFC have and will continue to refute this claim but the evidence suggests that the "leagues" aren't 16 autonomous members who can do as they wish with their dreamteams.

From what i understand, the BF leagues essentially request applications and the highest ranked guys get put in a league. I'm surprised with that method they don't have the #1 ranked league each year. Have a massive pool of DTers to choose from.

FFC may end up with the best league this year, i guess it all depends on how the guy calling the shots over there goes. If he lucks into the right decisions again then no doubt all 4 off the FFC leagues will do very well given that their teams are virtually identical. If he or she makes some mistakes then you'll see FFC fall down the ladder. As i said, that's not a true league, that's basically one guy with 64 teams and who has his lemmings do the trades for him each week. Nothing great in that.

Sounds downright boring to me

I dont try and mislead people, show me one post where i have mislead someone, where i havnt put a funny emotion next to it or posted after it to show that it wasnt a serious post. You can anwser that one twat, i mean tants???

You were asked to rejoin FFC because your posting can be quite good at times. We all hoped that the private format would suit you better and that you would avoid the personal attacks. While this was improved, you still made issues personal and didnt contribute in a positive way.

I stand by this DWD, some of your posts are very good, most of us would agree, but you let yourself down, which is a real shame. Yes, you did have some issues with a FORMER admin, which would have been difficult, but you were never treated unfairly when your access to the private forum was removed.

Just so everyone knows, I am an admin at FFC, and while DWD has got some valid points, it is very few and far between.

The childish responses were not our intention, we would love to have a healthy rivalry with everyone, without the arrogance.

We hope that EDT continues to set the standard, and we hope to make sure that 2010 was not just a one off.

Great post, appreciate the comments.

You were asked to rejoin FFC because your posting can be quite good at times. We all hoped that the private format would suit you better and that you would avoid the personal attacks. While this was improved, you still made issues personal and didnt contribute in a positive way.

I stand by this DWD, some of your posts are very good, most of us would agree,

So you picked me to rejoin because i can post quality at times but knew that i can also post crap and have personal attacks. Wouldnt you think that after 3 years of watching me post, being on fantasy football club already for several months and being told that you would never be reinvited to FFC would make you think twice about asking me to rejoin?????? Surely you wouldve learnt.

You may have hit the nail on the head, but like the other issue on here with FFC you guys cant quite seem to just admit it. Cant admit that i was banned due to arguing the point of Pavlich and Buddy not being needed to be selected. Cant admit that there was a ring leader who decided all your picks for each team. Dont seem like you can admit much.

Im still waiting for it to be answered by BTG. As i said ill keep reposting this until he replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back