DT Talk 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it quite amusing how you guys completely overlook Favourites and lifelike's posts. Reading what you want to read is not really a clever tactic in an argument :)

FL asked whether there was an instruction on Ladson was posted on the forum.

The response was that Ladson wasnt picked in all teams.

Note that the response does not answer the question.

Lifelike already noted that Ladson wasn't a universal selection, so there's the evidence staring you in the face. By the way Ausy, Joel Corey is looking like a nice unique this year.
OK we agree that Ladson wasn't selected by everyone which is the answer to the "Did everyone select Ladson?" question (which hasn't been asked). Now, maybe you can have a crack at were they directed to?

Lifelike already noted that Ladson wasn't a universal selection, so there's the evidence staring you in the face. By the way Ausy, Joel Corey is looking like a nice unique this year.

Mate, i didn't ask if Ladson was a universal choice or not. I simply asked if that post had been posted on your forum. A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

This is fantastic!

I think there is plenty of evidence of 'group think' and that these leagues/sides were 'overseen' by the FFC 'masters'. Don't whinge with "you can't prove that". Not cool.

A lot of opinion of FFC is not that you won the leagues last year, it's the arrogant way you've gone about your win. For example, those signatures. Yes, I understand that coaches like Tom12 wants to promote the website, etc. But if you honestly think that EDT are 'jealous', did you see any of them have signatures like that... or create Facebook or Twitter accounts for their newly public forum? (Which obviously has the private Man Behind The Curtain element behind it).

Interesting. footylover18 is a very smart man ans has hit the nail on the head with all of his posts.

The reality is though, that you can't prove it. Your hanging your hat on the past and a few quotes/sceptical opinions.
Arrogant? Last time I checked your EDTers came at US.
I'm sure as hell not promoting the league win anyway near as much as the site itself.
And as n29 pointed out, I wouldn't expect a private forum in EDT to create social media if they intend to be so secretive. What's your point?

That is the benefit of the FFC model, Ausyid would not have been allowed to make such a stupid decision in your forum... ;)

If he wanted to make the stupid decision he could, as a group we would have advised him not to. We discuss, we research and advise, but no one has control over anyones side other than their own.

Thanks for the tip mate. Let me just ask some people on my private forum if they think I should pick him before I decide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the benefit of the FFC model, Ausyid would not have been allowed to make such a stupid decision in your forum... ;)

No, not exactly. Bringing in Corey was open to every member in FFC. It's just nobody was stupid enough to make such a move:p

just answer the question hotshot

tumbleweed.jpg

All "forums" will share some insider information. I don't think it was any coincidence that basically every No Passenger had Nick Malceski in their side. This was more than likely some first-hand ground level scouting at the SCG during the pre-season. "Mal" was clearly flying and the "goto" man in the defensive drills. And so it panned out.

We all had Barlow as well, that is sneaky....

I think the real issue revolves around the

We all have Ablett, Chapman, Franklin, Goddard.....

If you want you can even ask the former FFC leader about how NP'ers ran, I would not say that there were no restrictions on player selections and the like.

It is very hard to not get some elements of agreement, but even then sometimes a player is just priced at a point where he is a "must have" for want of a better word.

I got a message a while back (see below) regarding the formation of FFC and didn't get involved due to work commitments.

Frankly, I'm not sure what the beef is. They had a clear agenda and some specific goals in mind. What's more they executed it perfectly and brought home the DT 2010 bacon. Well done I say.

[/I]

I completely agree. Here's the thing though, they don't seem to be admitting that there "leagues" were formed with one simple goal in mind.

A "normal" league is such that there are 16 autonomous, independent teams in it. Such a league doesn't have the singular goal of finishing as the #1 league. FFC clearly created their leagues with this goal in mind and as such the participants were given clear and rigid instructions regarding the makeup of their teams. I agree, they achieved their goal. I said a while ago, all they have to do is admit to what they're doing. They seem to be hiding what they're doing and pretending to be something they aren't. That's the issue.

I got a message a while back (see below) regarding the formation of FFC and didn't get involved due to work commitments.

Frankly, I'm not sure what the beef is. They had a clear agenda and some specific goals in mind. What's more they executed it perfectly and brought home the DT 2010 bacon. Well done I say.

All "forums" will share some insider information. I don't think it was any coincidence that basically every No Passenger had Nick Malceski in their side. This was more than likely some first-hand ground level scouting at the SCG during the pre-season. "Mal" was clearly flying and the "goto" man in the defensive drills. And so it panned out.

Bad thing you didnt i mean you wouldve ranked 49th or so. I mean good thing you did, because you wouldve had the same side as the "master" and only been allowed to pick certain players.

Please, this msg i received not only once but twice. AHHAHAH, that was fun. Is this just one of Stubz 200 different mask he puts on.

Well screw him, you decided to rub the Warren selection in my face!
You know the Warren decision didn't hurt your team half as much as the Corey decision hurt mine ;)

However discussing this is the change of subject the FFC members were hoping for as they continue to not answer the one specific question they have been asked.

fwiw, I actually talked Corey up to begin with but elected to go for Chapman myself. Again, I could find the post and prove that theory wrong but another theory would pop up.

Just on dylan's point, obviously the Barlow injury was one of the turning points of the season.
Many players were picked in this situation, guys like Boyd, Chapman, Simpson and Montagna.

No, not exactly. Bringing in Corey was open to every member in FFC. It's just nobody was stupid enough to make such a move:p

Considering his stupid decision, Ausyid still put up a respectable year.

Ausyid after the fact put forward his justification on the selection.... btw, he came up with the justification on the selection using his own devices. (considering his past results, one could say he has DT ability)

I am sure that if EDT allowed me to control on more of THEIR decision making processes, then they would have performed a heap better.

Unfortunately, I am not sure they want me to tell them how to play the game.

If they think Seaby is going to go bang, then select him. If they think Bower is going to go bang, then select him... If the back themselves into selecting Corey to go bang, then go and select him....

If for some crazy reason they think Leon Davis is going to find his old form and provide a DP link, then SELECT him....

Me and Staggy to be honest, I have no idea how our teams first looked, but our end results were close... I think even fl18 had some good results and I have no doubt that all three of our starting teams and trades were rather different.... We all roughly got to the same end point, but took different rides to get there.... That is individual thinking....

The perception from many people that are not part of FFC is that there is some level of conformity, which without being part of the board is hard to prove or disprove.... No doubt your teams and trades will be watched this year with some interest as you have gone from being the hunter to the hunted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back