DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do people think is the best option out of the following?

Murphy + 4k
Hayes + 33k
Pendles + 40k
Gibbs + 40k
Selwood + 65k

Please rank them in your opinion thanks.

Martin, Sheuy and Boyd not playing has meant i have a 0 in the midfield. My solution:

Hunt -> Davis
Martin -> Gibbs

FFgenie suggests there is, realistically, about $30k more to be made out of Martin. Is it worth throwing away 30k to avoid a 0 (remembering that 'soreness' often leads to a 2+ week lay off)?

You can't really go too wrong with either option, but IMO:

1 - Gibbs
2 - Hayes
3 - Selwood
4 - Murphy
5 - Pendles

Thanks. Just finding hard to still decide between Gibbs and Hayes. Hayes has been super consistant but is getting older. Worried about injuries, but like him because he is suprisingly a unique pick. Gibbs looks god on the half back line taking heaps of marks. Decisions....decisions.

This is what i have been thinking of doing over the next couple of weeks

This week (Round 6)
Robinson-> JKT (14 trades + ~325k in bank)
Round 7
Peterson-> Fyfe
Bastinac-> Swan (12 trades + ~215k)
Round 8
Martin-> Premium (11 trades + ~75k)

Then will be look at trading out Pods as well in the rounds after. Not sure whether 11 trades is enough for 12/13 rounds left in the season. Im thinking it will be enough though as that will leave my side with only Pods as the definite upgrade. Guys like Hall, Ball, Harbrow, Malceski, Waters, Hille are the only others that I am considering trading at the moment and I think I will keep Harbrow, Malceski/Waters and Hille atm.

Thoughts?

Rockliff out but looks like Wright and Duncan are back :)

No Gram and no Mitchell still. :(

With Dustin Martin out and Howlett an emergency I don't want a doughnut.

Not sure about my options but I might trade Mitchell for Montagna.

You really have no clue do you? Aren't you the guy that traded in Mitchell for Stanton? And now that he is going to miss 2 games you're prepared to trade him out. Good luck in the second half of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd or Ablett?

With 3 of my mids out, I've got to bring in a new one in order to avoid a donut. I've got $577k to spend, so I can buy anyone. I'm just not sure whether to pick up someone like Judd, who's doing well and will give me $160k left over (thinking of upgrading to Cox next week, so that helps), or just go gung-ho and buy Ablett, but only leaving me with $47k. Of course, there are a plethora of great players in between (Chappy, Simpson, Montagna, Swan, McDonald, Murphy, Rischitelli, Stanton, etc), but these two stick out for what their worth. Ablett, being the best player in the comp, and Judd being as cheap as he'll ever get.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

In a similar boat except i have shuey for Robinson and Gray for Peterson.
Going to wait untill donwgrade targets are ready (i.e. Davies, TDL, tapscott).

Downgrade targets > Upgrade targets
Just cos suchnsuch has dropped 70k dont mean diddly squat. Someone else will later on.

JKL for peterson looks a ripper. But y did he miss 4 games?
Id probably do davis instead of fyfe. Or wait if u can.

I also hall/harbrow/hille would have to be last upgrade options. Very last.

Judd or Ablett?

With 3 of my mids out, I've got to bring in a new one in order to avoid a donut. I've got $577k to spend, so I can buy anyone. I'm just not sure whether to pick up someone like Judd, who's doing well and will give me $160k left over (thinking of upgrading to Cox next week, so that helps), or just go gung-ho and buy Ablett, but only leaving me with $47k. Of course, there are a plethora of great players in between (Chappy, Simpson, Montagna, Swan, McDonald, Murphy, Rischitelli, Stanton, etc), but these two stick out for what their worth. Ablett, being the best player in the comp, and Judd being as cheap as he'll ever get.

Thoughts?

impossible to help you without knowing the rest of your team..if you feel you could use the extra coin elsewhere id pick up someone who is 380-450k.. if you need a decent captain week in week out and dont need the coin elsewhere than ablett is the obvious pick. he is the best Dream team player to choose from.
adam selwood or kade simpson for some uniqueness.
(simpsons lowest score is 91, and he scored 143 when carltons big 3 played together, so that doesnt hurt his scores)

I'm in the same jam as most people however I'm mainly playing for league.

Mitchell, Shuey, and Martin out - One short of a midfielder

Waite, Rockliff, and Dangerfield out - One short of a forward

16 trades left and 184k in the bank.

Thinking of trading once for a upgrade in the midfield or forward. I'm hoping Waite plays this weekend. Should I use the extra cash to do a upgrade?

How many good rookies are left that will realistically get enough game time to be viable downgrades after the next few rounds??

impossible to help you without knowing the rest of your team..if you feel you could use the extra coin elsewhere id pick up someone who is 380-450k.. if you need a decent captain week in week out and dont need the coin elsewhere than ablett is the obvious pick. he is the best Dream team player to choose from.
adam selwood or kade simpson for some uniqueness.
(simpsons lowest score is 91, and he scored 143 when carltons big 3 played together, so that doesnt hurt his scores)

My Midfield consists of:

Bartel - Goddard - Barlow
Gibbs - McKenzie - Boyd (inj)
Moles (omit) - Martin (Inj)

As you can see, it doesn't look that flash at the moment. My intention was to have Goddard play in defense in place of Rick Ladson but with 3 mids out I'll have to leave that be for now. Someone like Ablett would really spruce up my midfield, But Judd is probably better value for money. I'd be looking to get rid of Martin, simply because he's only averaging 64, has already raised a lot in cash and is now injured, albeit only for a short time. It's either him or Moles, but I feel that Moles has more to offer in the long term.

Honestly, I need both coin & a decent captain to fall back on. I've made some terrible captaincy decisions recently, so it'd be great to have a player (aside from Bartel) who I know will score well week in week out. But at the same time I really need some extra coin, as my ruck stocks aren't looking flash and I'm hoping to bring Cox in some time. And of course, that coin will help with future injuries.

this is where trading in DP players can be so worthwhile if you use your brain

THIS!!!

I traded Dangerfield down to Davis and used the money I had to trade Ball to Sylvia. Then I swapped Sylvia for Duncan.

This gives me the team of -

Hodge - Goddard - Malceski - H.Shaw - Gwilt - Mackie - Waite (Maguire - Silvagni)

Swan - Barlow - Watson - Judd - Bastinac - JKT (Duncan - Martin)

Sandilands - Seaby (Warnock - Trengove)

Brown - Higgins - Giansiracusa - Brennan - Sylvia - Franklin - Davis (Rockliff - Hitchcock)

12 trades and $71,600 left.

Next week I get Ablett in and then Im set :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You really have no clue do you? Aren't you the guy that traded in Mitchell for Stanton? And now that he is going to miss 2 games you're prepared to trade him out. Good luck in the second half of the year.

Mitchell had 107 average and no broken hammie when I bought him :eek:

This week I don't have cover because Dustin Martin is out. I'm prepared to trade Mitchell if it means I don't get a doughnut. At least I'm now in the position to snag Montagna with a small price drop, I would be considering Boyd but he's named as emergency. What's with that?

THIS!!!

I traded Dangerfield down to Davis and used the money I had to trade Ball to Sylvia. Then I swapped Sylvia for Duncan.

This gives me the team of -

Hodge - Goddard - Malceski - H.Shaw - Gwilt - Mackie - Waite (Maguire - Silvagni)

Swan - Barlow - Watson - Judd - Bastinac - JKT (Duncan - Martin)

Sandilands - Seaby (Warnock - Trengove)

Brown - Higgins - Giansiracusa - Brennan - Sylvia - Franklin - Davis (Rockliff - Hitchcock)

12 trades and $71,600 left.

Next week I get Ablett in and then Im set :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

what happens when davis gets dropped next week and waite is not in?

So here is my deal: Mitchell, Waite, Martin and Peterson are all (presumably, in Waite's case) out - forcing me to play every last rookie I have. I can either take that pill and wait a week, or move to my trades now. If I did trade, here is what I would be thinking:

Trade 1:
Dustin Martin -> Jarrod Kayler-Thomson

This leaves me with $136,700 to spend.

Trade 2:
Sam Mitchell -> $566,200 - Any midfielder
or
Jarred Waite -> $475,200 - Any defender
or
Carl Peterson -> $336,900 - No really attractive options, would probably opt for a second downgrade this round, and potentially two upgrades next round.

My opponent in this round is probably the weakest in the league, and unless he trades will be copping a zero in the midfield. Thoughts?

Cheers

HolyRioli sounds like you are going for league win, if so dont trade mitchell or waite and get more money before upgrading peterson. JKT is also really risky his spot in the team is purely a week to week thing.

Dangerfield to Davis (starting him / Gumbleton / Hitchcock)
& in 1 or 2 weeks
Bastinac to Swan +90k or Ablett

or Dangerfield to Franklin/S Johnson

Thoughts would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back