DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone thinking of Cox this week?

I would probably like him for Otto but I've got 2 other trades I want to do this week, and I have the cover to wait one more week. I'm a little worried though that against Renouf he might score like 250 :p and jack his price up.

I too have Ottens, but with Warnock probably still out my only cover is Lobbe. :eek: Probably going to go Cox, which is helped by he coming up against Renouf. Could score 120 this week. How about McIntosh?

jetta >> howlett
obrien >> gilbert

will still have about 250k after i do that..
im still not too happy to downgrade jetta just yet.. but if howlett is named i think at his price itll b silly not to downgrade, im just a little worried as sheuy is my other midfield bench player

Meh, lecras is 1 inch shorter than fyfe and is considered the best small forward in the AFL, but lets not get pedantic. my point still stands, if freo looses 2 or 3 of their next three games then fyfe would be one of the first casualties because in ballantyne and mayne you have very same type of players

Mayne is a fairly similar player, almost playing as the second tall for freo ATM.

But to compare Ballantyne and Fyfe you are way off. Ive played against Fyfe and his is a medium/tall forward. I dare say he is taller than 187cm. If he and Lecras stood next to each other there would be a fair difference than 2.5cms.

Ive seen Lecras closely alot lately aswell.

Having 2nd thoughts on getting in Stevie J, so i have changed my original plans.

Instead of doing:
Hall to Stevie J
Ziebell to Didak

Im thinking of doing this:
Ziebell to Didak

Then next week
Hall to Higgins/Goodes

thoughts?

What do u think of this?

I have options.

1. Nason > Hargrave AND Bastinac > Howlett
2. Hitchcock > Fyfe and Bastinac > Howlett/Swan or
3. Bastinac > Howlett and wait for hargrave till next week?

Option 1) Hitchcock to Fyfe and Hall to Chapman
Option 2) Hitchcock to Fyfe and Bastinac to 440k midfielder
Option 3) Hall to Johnson and Maguire to Bower/Hargrave

Swore i would be conservative with my trades this year, but sensible trading has seen me nearly complete my team and it's only round 7. I know i'd much prefer to have more in my hand, but opportunities for fallen premiums have somewhat fallen in my lap.

Current Team:

Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Shaw, Kennelly, Waters, Maguire (Nason/Hams)

Swan, Bartel, Didak, Ball, Barlow, Armitage (Shuey/Banner)

Sandilands, Hille (Warnock/Lobbe)

O'Keefe, Brown, Pavlich, Goodes, Ballantyne, Hall, Podsiadly (Ziebell/Rockliff)

BLUE = Premiums.

This week:

I'll hold off on Hargrave this week, given Ziebell/Hall will most likely drop in value, whilst Hayes is going to skyrocket. Plus, with Maguire not playing, he isn't going to go up or down in price so there is no rush to trade him out this week.

Hall -> Fyfe

SWITCH DIDAK TO FWDs
SWITCH ZIEBELL TO MIDS

Ziebell -> Hayes

Next week:

Maguire -> Hargrave

After this i will be content with my backline and forwards, given i'll have 5 keepers in both positions. Will just need to upgrade Ball and Armitage to keepers and my team will be set, with 7-8 or so trades left for injuries. :thumbsu:

3 very good trades if Hargrave guns it again this week! Love the use of the dp too to get Didak in your forwards. I think you might find you need to upgrade a few more players though... Thoughts on mine?

is anyone considering that Martin to Howlett this week may not be the worst option in the world? given the lack of mid rooks coming through atm.

EDIT: Bad idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is anyone considering that Martin to Howlett this week may not be the worst option in the world? given the lack of mid rooks coming through atm.

Considering Martin will play this week and has plenty of money to make, should also perform well against the crows. I would think its a bad trade. Howlett JS isn't safe at all.

Depends on the rest of your midfield including bench. If by selecting Howlett you end up with a Howlett, JKT OR Howlett, Shuey or Howlett, Banner. Than it isn't a good idea. But if you have Bastinac as your 8th mid and can downgrade to Howlett meaning he is your 9th mid than okay idea. But in this case trading Bastinac first would be a better idea.

Changed my mind a bit so I'm now thinking of going Maguire to Webberley and then Hall to Chapman before next week going Bastinac to rookie and Trengove to Swan... Thoughts? I have Silvagni and Hams on the Bench ATM...

Considering Martin will play this week and has plenty of money to make, should also perform well against the crows. I would think its a bad trade. Howlett JS isn't safe at all.

Depends on the rest of your midfield including bench. If by selecting Howlett you end up with a Howlett, JKT OR Howlett, Shuey or Howlett, Banner. Than it isn't a good idea. But if you have Bastinac as your 8th mid and can downgrade to Howlett meaning he is your 9th mid than okay idea. But in this case trading Bastinac first would be a better idea.

I agree completely. The thought of having Howlett, JKT and Shey together scares me...

I will stick to my original plan of no trades this week.

Hey guys,

Dangerfield to Howlett for the needed cash??? Would then stop any DP with forward line (banner to duncan coupla rds back)...other benchy is shuey who HAS to come back within 4 weeks the estimated time Howlett has to impress b4 dyson/reimers are back.....right??

thx!

Hey guys,

Dangerfield to Howlett for the needed cash??? Would then stop any DP with forward line (banner to duncan coupla rds back)...other benchy is shuey who HAS to come back within 4 weeks the estimated time Howlett has to impress b4 dyson/reimers are back.....right??

thx!

Id say no.

DP may become very important later on in season

But if u need the cash its a good option

i'll pull the trigger tomorrow (just in case), but...
hitchcock -> grant
lecras -> pav/boomer

give me something resembling a decent forward line with ROK, brown, pav/boomer, gia, hall, rockliff (gumby, p. davis)

3 very good trades if Hargrave guns it again this week! Love the use of the dp too to get Didak in your forwards. I think you might find you need to upgrade a few more players though... Thoughts on mine?

Thanks for the advice mate. :thumbsu: :)

In regards to your proposed trades, do you mind if i check out your starting lineup before i comment, as it's hard passing judgment on your trades without knowing how the players you're trading in are going to fit into your team structure.

What does everyone think of Sheppard?
Also is Ballantyne one to stay for a while longer or upgrade to a premium now. He hasn't really shown much since the first couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back