DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't got Goddard and I am looking to bring him in this week. Will probably go Nason --> Webberley for the cash but I am unsure on who to trade for Goddard.

Waters, Kennelly or Gram

16 trades left and going for a league win.

I'm thinking of downgrading Duncan to Hughes, which will give me $204,500 and allow me to do Trengove -----> Kornes/Selwood/Pendlebury.

Only problem is that I also have Rob Murphy, which would mean I would have to play Pods (which I would've anyway) and Rockliffe on the field; and I'm not super confident about Rockliffe's JS. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Murphy will be back in a couple..Rockliffe should get atleast one more if not two more games..however
the demons board isnt sold on Hughes JS.. perhaps look at Watts..its going to cost you more dollars, however if my maths are correct you'll stil be able to afford those midfielders for Trengove..
remember you usually end up with a fair bit of money left over at the end of the year..Dt isnt always about budget spending each week, you have to think about the coming weeks.
Hughes and Rockliff could easily be dropped next week.
depending on if you like copping 0s..its something you should think about.

Haven't got Goddard and I am looking to bring him in this week. Will probably go Nason --> Webberley for the cash but I am unsure on who to trade for Goddard.

Waters, Kennelly or Gram

16 trades left and going for a league win.

have the exact same scenario, going to upgrade kennelly

Capture-3.jpg

13 Trades, 286,400 banked

This week i will probably Off load Gumby as his BE is 52 and i can see the perfect week to offload him to Hughes:

Gumby>Hughes leaving me with around 404,000 left.

Then next week i complete my midfield with 2 trades

Martin>Montagna/Dal Santo
Trengove>Boyd

Leaving me with 10 trades left and only a couple more upgrades. Also leaves me with 120k odd left.

Any opinions are valued :)

This week i will probably Off load Gumby as his BE is 52 and i can see the perfect week to offload him to Hughes:

Trengove>Boyd

Leaving me with 10 trades left and only a couple more upgrades. Also leaves me with 120k odd left.

Gumby to Hughes is structural suicide unless you intend to upgrade Hitchcock as well.

Capture-3.jpg

Trengove>Boyd

Looks great:thumbsu:
My main issue is hughes's JS. With Watt's development crutial to the future of melbourne you would think they would be looking to develop him first. Just had a look through the Melbourne board and its pritty line ball as to weather he will hold his spot or not. Most seem to think he will for now but their not sure sure he will when the likes of Wonna, Morton etc return to the side. With hitchcock also on your bench his JS is also an issue. My main thoughts coz of the amount of cash you have in the bank, do you go gumby to watts, net a little less profit but perhaps have a safer bench option for the rest of the season. Now watts is in the side, barring injury or some absolutly shocking performances you would expect him to hold his spot imo. Just somthing to think about however you may have some more inside info regarding hughes JS which im not aware of.:)

Looks great:thumbsu:
My main issue is hughes's JS. With Watt's development crutial to the future of melbourne you would think they would be looking to develop him first. Just had a look through the Melbourne board and its pritty line ball as to weather he will hold his spot or not. Most seem to think he will for now but their not sure sure he will when the likes of Wonna, Morton etc return to the side. With hitchcock also on your bench his JS is also an issue. My main thoughts coz of the amount of cash you have in the bank, do you go gumby to watts, net a little less profit but perhaps have a safer bench option for the rest of the season. Now watts is in the side, barring injury or some absolutly shocking performances you would expect him to hold his spot imo. Just somthing to think about however you may have some more inside info regarding hughes JS which im not aware of.:)
I can assure you i have ZERO info regarding hughes :). Thanks for the opinion :thumbsu:
With Melbourne and there injuries IMO he will be able to hold his spot. Also Hitchcock scored 2 goals on the weekend and would be extremely stiff to get dropped. Something to ponder..

I can assure you i have ZERO info regarding hughes :). Thanks for the opinion :thumbsu:
With Melbourne and there injuries IMO he will be able to hold his spot. Also Hitchcock scored 2 goals on the weekend and would be extremely stiff to get dropped. Something to ponder..

Yeh i agree:thumbsu: I rekon hitchcock will definately get a guernsey this week, just not sure how long he can hold it for. Hopefully for the remainder of the season. Kicking 2 goals and getting a bit of the pill will be a good start anyway.

Not sold on Hughes at all however will be interesting to see how he goes in coming weeks and if he can hold his spot when melbournes injured players return. He should play this week at the very least anyway:)

Hitchcock played his best game of the season, he wont get dropped ad would be extremly unlucky. After all he did get back into the side by just getting 13 posses, 4 marks and 1 goal and 1 tackle. Hardly a good game to get back shows the love from Williams and him needed in the side. To me he is best 22 at port. Only went out through injury and played 1 ordinary game to get back which shows that hes just about best 22.

@ footycool.

In your instance I would only be looking to upgrade one of Gove and Martin at this stage. Then I would be hoping Shuey gets back and can string another 3-4 games, get to about 220k and upgrade him. This will sure up ur midfield and give you good cover in your mids in case of an injury.

Since you do not have a DP link with ur forwards or backs this is the way to go IMO. While your starting 22 is solid you are vulnerable if injuries strike and could find urself burning trades you hadn't planned on burning.

Hitchcock played his best game of the season, he wont get dropped ad would be extremly unlucky. After all he did get back into the side by just getting 13 posses, 4 marks and 1 goal and 1 tackle. Hardly a good game to get back shows the love from Williams and him needed in the side. To me he is best 22 at port. Only went out through injury and played 1 ordinary game to get back which shows that hes just about best 22.

Fair Call!
If he was pulling stats like that in the SANFL they obviously value him in the side and is best 22. Obviously with tredrea out now(im aware the arnt competing for the same position) it has freed up a spot in the forward line and they are going with the smaller forward option. They still have westoff up there taking marks.

If you believe hitchcock can hold his spot, taking a punt on hughes may not be such a bad option then. Even if he gets dropped you still have hitchcock to cover. Another one to look at is playfair from sydney. Only played on game and bradshaw is due to come back however also says may have some floating cartlidge in his knee. I dont know how serious that is but may lead to further problems down the track. Ud think he would naturally miss some games anyway coz of his age. Should create some opportunities for playfair.

My main issue with hughes is the fact it has taken him 5 years to get a game and quite a few injuries to key forwards. WHen they return i could easily see him getting dropped and not returning barr injury which is a bit risky. Be interesting to see how it all pans out!

@ footycool.

In your instance I would only be looking to upgrade one of Gove and Martin at this stage. Then I would be hoping Shuey gets back and can string another 3-4 games, get to about 220k and upgrade him. This will sure up ur midfield and give you good cover in your mids in case of an injury.

Since you do not have a DP link with ur forwards or backs this is the way to go IMO. While your starting 22 is solid you are vulnerable if injuries strike and could find urself burning trades you hadn't planned on burning.
You make a very valid point Narkee. IMO if i were to go your way i would upgrade Trengove and stick Martin on the pine. Barring injury Martin will play the season out. So would you use 2 trades this week:

Gumby>Hughes
Trengove>Montagna

Thanks.

You make a very valid point Narkee. IMO if i were to go your way i would upgrade Trengove and stick Martin on the pine. Barring injury Martin will play the season out. So would you use 2 trades this week:

Gumby>Hughes
Trengove>Montagna

Thanks.

You have a heap of cash. i would keep Gumby and just upgrade Gove to Montagna. Gumby will play 22 if fit. Great cover for ur forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumby>Hughes
Trengove>Montagna

Thanks.
If you are only going to do the one upgrade you don't need to downgrade Gumbleton. Use Hitchcock as your cash cow and let him appreciate in value for a few more weeks. Gumbleton is perfect as an 8th foward as if he is fit he will play 22 games this year.

You have a heap of cash. i would keep Gumby and just upgrade Gove to Montagna. Gumby will play 22 if fit. Great cover for ur forwards.
I was too slow!

Thanks a Heap guys. Will probably go Gove>Montagna. I dont rate Trengove doing well up in Darwin.

Didn't really want to trade this week but I'm thinking I may have to reconsider.

Trengove has peaked and is dropping in price a bit now so it's probably a good time to get rid of him.

I don't have the cash to do a straight upgrade of Trengove to a premium. So I am thinking of downgrading Silvagni to Webberley, meaning my 7th, 8th and 9th defenders are Webberley, Davis and Hams. Then I am thinking of upgrading Trengove to Montagna or Hayes to complete my midfield. If I do the 2 trades I will end up with the following:

Backline: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Mackie, Waters, Kennelly, Davis (Webberley, Hams)
Midfield: Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Gibbs, Selwood, Barlow (Martin, Shuey)

I'll have 11 trades left and about 25k spare in the bank.

Obviously my final defender is a concern at the moment but Webberley, Davis and Hams all have good job security so I won't be copping any donuts in the backline. I can get a 50 from them each week which will be enough as they fully appreciate in value.

My midfield will then be complete. I had set my sights on Ablett but if I do the Montagna trade I won't need to worry about getting Ablett in down the track.

I'll be taking a few risks later in the year by downgrading my 9th forward and defender to a 77k player to get cash for any last upgrades, so generating cash is not an issue for me.

What do people think? Worth doing?

Capture-3.jpg

Trengove>Boyd

Instead of doing Gumby > Hughes, leave Gumby where he is and go McGuire or Kennelly to Webberly, I think Webberly and Davis is enough for a back bench cover.

Hitchcock and Hughes is too risky in my opinion. Just a thought :thumbsu:

Get rid of Martin for the premium of your choice footycool.

Dal Santo, Montagna, Gibbs & Pendles are this weeks best buys.

These are 100+ average players but have just dropped a little in price.

I would expect a little more from Montagna but the other 3 should be around the same average of 105 for the remaining games.

Instead of doing Gumby > Hughes, leave Gumby where he is and go McGuire or Kennelly to Webberly, I think Webberly and Davis is enough for a back bench cover.

Hitchcock and Hughes is too risky in my opinion. Just a thought :thumbsu:
Another good thought :thumbsu: Thanks for all the opinions.

Get rid of Martin for the premium of your choice footycool.

Dal Santo, Montagna, Gibbs & Pendles are this weeks best buys.

These are 100+ average players but have just dropped a little in price.

I would expect a little more from Montagna but the other 3 should be around the same average of 105 for the remaining games.
Thanks Juggalo Balla. Your thinking is probably the way to go this week. Also i was looking at Montagna's last score VS WC at Subiaco, it was 166. Im sold :)

15 trades left, 7k in the bank

thinking of trading kennelly to webberley, trengove to montagna

then it'll look like this

DEF: Goddard, Hodge, Grimes, Carazzo, Waters, Maguire, Silvagni (Webberley, Hams)
MID: Ablett, Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Gibbs, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

will have 35k left over, and can upgrade silvagni next week

thoughts?

yeah completely agree, downgrading Balla as per schedule will allow me to nab a fallen gun mid next week too.

Broughton isn't a Brennan, he is a keeper worth waiting a few weeks for IMO.

I have the same problem as you with Broughton, my major concern is whether or not it is acutally going to be a few weeks, foot injuries are notorious for dragging out much longer than expected, I can see the 4-6 weeks turning into 8-12.. Remember that Croad and Egan were only ever a month away from returning, both ended up retiring having never played another game of AFL.. I'm not saying that this will be the case with Broughton but if it does become an extended stint on the sidelines then I dont think you can afford to keep him..

I really don't know what to do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back