DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DT Trading Discussion 2010 - Part 4

Will Silvagni's role change now he will have to take the number 1 or 2 forward with Freo's injuries ie. have a less free roaming role? Thus diminishing his scores?

It's possible, but Silvagni has only been a solid, unspectacular scorer anyway. On the plus side his job security is great now

Considering trading Farmer down to Webberley- will only net 90k though. I am amazed every week that Farmer keeps getting picked, but this is based on his putrid DT scores only. Does anyone think Webberley has better job security than Farmer or is this just a wasted sideways trade that doesn't net enough cash to be worthwhile??

It's possible, but Silvagni has only been a solid, unspectacular scorer anyway. On the plus side his job security is great now

Considering trading Farmer down to Webberley- will only net 90k though. I am amazed every week that Farmer keeps getting picked, but this is based on his putrid DT scores only. Does anyone think Webberley has better job security than Farmer or is this just a wasted sideways trade that doesn't net enough cash to be worthwhile??

Same boat as you. I've never seen anyone get as little of the ball as Farmer does. He doesn't run to space, he doesn't get the hard ball, he does f*ckin nothing! Why does he keep getting selected.

Webberly is a much better player than him, but who isn't?!

I'm wondering a similar thing.

I'm down to 12 trades, with $26k in bank. My side:

B: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Carrazzo, Waters, Kennelly, Hunt (Nason & Roberton)
M: Ablett, Murphy, Swan, Gibbs, Barlow, Martin (Bastinac & Shuey)
R: Sandilands, NicNat (Lobbe & Trengove)
F: J Brown, ROK, Harvey, Franklin, Goodes, Hall, Rockliff (Fyfe & Roberts)

My question is:
a) Is it worth a Hunt/Nason > Webberley downgrade given it only nets me $138k?
b) Given the lack of downgrade targets, is Webberley too tempting to pass up?

My question is:

A) The value you gain is fine
B) Only if you are confident Webberely will be in the Tiger's 22 for most if not all of the year. A bench of Roberton & Webberley isn't great in my opinion especially with players such as Waters & Kennelly in your backline.

A) The value you gain is fine
B) Only if you are confident Webberely will be in the Tiger's 22 for most if not all of the year. A bench of Roberton & Webberley isn't great in my opinion especially with players such as Waters & Kennelly in your backline.

Cheers mate. I think his JS is reasonable, but you make a good point. Got some thinking to do.

Would like some advice on my midfield. This is how it looks right now:

Swan, Bartel, Didak, Barlow, Mitchell, McKenzie (Shuey, Banner)
232k cash in the bank

I have enough cash to upgrade McKenzie (who is about to peak) to anyone bar Ablett. I figure I keep Shuey because he should come back eventually, but Banner is a worry – he’s made bugger all cash but doesn’t look like coming back anytime soon. Do I

a) upgrade McKenzie for a gun mid, and hold onto Shuey and Banner hoping one will come back, but risk a late withdrawal in the meantime
b) Hold McKenzie but upgrade Banner for a mediocre mid (Foley, Rawlings or Lewis come to mind, but not much there really as I only have $361k to spend)
c) Upgrade both McKenzie and Banner over a number of weeks. If so, who should be upgraded first?
d) Do nothing

232k cash in the bank

I have enough cash to upgrade McKenzie (who is about to peak) to anyone bar Ablett. I figure I keep Shuey because he should come back eventually, but Banner is a worry – he’s made bugger all cash but doesn’t look like coming back anytime soon. Do I

a) upgrade McKenzie for a gun mid, and hold onto Shuey and Banner hoping one will come back, but risk a late withdrawal in the meantime
b) Hold McKenzie but upgrade Banner for a mediocre mid (Foley, Rawlings or Lewis come to mind, but not much there really as I only have $361k to spend)
c) Upgrade both McKenzie and Banner over a number of weeks. If so, who should be upgraded first?
d) Do nothing

I would upgrade McKenzie with option a).

option b) I wouldnt do because the mids are a high scoring area you will fall behind with someone averaging less than a premium.
Option c) is a possible option but not a priorty. Shuey will be back soon (perhaps next week) and will be the cover you need very soon.
option d) you need premiums.

I will be doing McKenzie to Goodes. Only cost you about 50k, he seems to be lifting form, and it sets up the DP with the forwards. Will save trades later in the year hopefully.

232k cash in the bank

d) Do nothing

It's a risk/return scenario - but i'd bring in Montagna for mcKenzie in that scenario - and hope you don't wear an injury for another month - by which time shuey should be back.

The other thing you could do is downgrade Banner (not now, but at some later stage) to someone like McNeil which would then give you the ability to use your forward bench (if you have any) - as cover should you have an injury.

Option c) is a possible option but not a priorty. Shuey will be back soon (perhaps next week) and will be the cover you need very soon.
option d) you need premiums.

No Chance of Shuey being back next week - he'll play WAFL for 2 weeks as a minimum i would have though - so that's the next 3 weeks out (no wafl this week) - best case scenario is 4 weeks time.

No Chance of Shuey being back next week - he'll play WAFL for 2 weeks as a minimum i would have though - so that's the next 3 weeks out (no wafl this week) - best case scenario is 4 weeks time.

No worries, I heard differently but I would imagine you would be more in the know than my sources. I didnt think he would play 2 in the WAFL either. I have Howlett so just hoping he comes back around the time Welsh comes back as I can see hime getting dropped for Welsh.

It's perfectly plausible Shuey will only get a week in the WAFL, but it seems almost a certainty he will return via the WAFL, so don't expect him to be named in the next couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to upgrade Dustin Martin but I can now see my forward line is really bad without Medhurst.

I'm thinking about Duncan > Buddy.

The job security of Duncan just doesn't look good at all.

Franklin finally looks to be back in form which takes some risk out. I was going to get Higgins but it looks like his durability is already a big concern.

I really wanted that midfield upgrade but if I wait a week the option for a cheaper Boyd/Dal Santo opens up.

232k cash in the bank

d) Do nothing

TBH mate if you have a strong fwds bench I'd be downgrading Banner to McNeil, setting up a DP link to the fwds which will give you stronger coverage coming home. Plus a bit more cash and look at McKenzie to whoever you like.

I have a major trading dilemma!

After lots of injuries etc, Ive conceded going for the car (no chance anyway) and focussing on my league.

10 Trades Left, $241k in the bank.

DEF: Hodge, Duffield, Kelly, Waters, Kenelly, Maguire, Nason (Gram [inj.], Hams)

MID: Bartel, Stanton, Barlow, Gibbs, Boyd, Trengove (Howlett, Shuey)

Going Trengove to Montagna this week, and Im unsure what to do with Gram.

OPTION 1: Gram to Goddard, wait for downgrade option for Nason then upgrade Maguire

OPTION 2: Nason to Webberley, then in a few weeks Maguire to Back Premium.

What do you guys think? I have some hard league games coming up that I really want to win (for pride as well as ladder spot). Do I hang onto Gram and cop a lower score or do I trade him for Goddard?

And yes, I didn't pick Ablett or Goddard to begin with...

Going to go

Mckenzie- Montagna
Trengove - Stanton, Boyd or someone else up to the 450k mark.

Im having trouble deciding between Stanton and Boyd though. What are peoples thoughts? Stanton can get some huge scores and im not scared of last weeks 60 odd. Boyd coming back from the broken hand, very reliable etc etc.

Will leave me with a midfield of: Bartel, Mitchell, Gibbs, Montagna, Stanton/Boyd, Barlow, Howlett and Shuey.

I really think that Montagna is good value and the time to get rid of Trengove is now (well, last week but I had other stuff to do). The only problem is that I need to downgrade to finance this and the only trade that is going to net me enough at this stage is Maquire to Webberly.

Maquire is on my bench but has acted as great cover up to this point. I envisioned him becoming a permanent bench backmen for me but surely Webberly and Silvagni would have enough JS and scoring potential for the rest of the year.

Should I trade out Maquire in order to get in Montagna.

My mids would end up looking like:

Swan, Bartel, Selwood, Boyd, Barlow, Montagna

Hi all,

I know what I'm doing for one of my trades:
Nason Out, Webberley In.

However, I can't decide whether or not to downgrade Martin to Armstrong?

Don't desperately need the money (already have 193k), but If i do theses trades, I will have approx $470k in the bank and only need to upgrade two of my backs and 1 maybe two of my forwards and my side is complete.

I guess my question is, Will there be better downgrade options in the midfield or others areas of the ground later in the year than Armstrong? Some ppl here don't like Armstrong's JS, but I think he could get enough games to make some cash and be upgraded/downgraded later on.
But with my midfield almost set, I also kinda like the idea of keeping Martin and bench cover.

What do you guys think?
How many coaches are picking up Armstrong this week? Or is there better cash cows on the horizon?

regards,
Brayza

I have a major trading dilemma!

After lots of injuries etc, Ive conceded going for the car (no chance anyway) and focussing on my league.

10 Trades Left, $241k in the bank.

DEF: Hodge, Duffield, Kelly, Waters, Kenelly, Maguire, Nason (Gram [inj.], Hams)

MID: Bartel, Stanton, Barlow, Gibbs, Boyd, Trengove (Howlett, Shuey)

Going Trengove to Montagna this week, and Im unsure what to do with Gram.

OPTION 1: Gram to Goddard, wait for downgrade option for Nason then upgrade Maguire

OPTION 2: Nason to Webberley, then in a few weeks Maguire to Back Premium.

What do you guys think? I have some hard league games coming up that I really want to win (for pride as well as ladder spot). Do I hang onto Gram and cop a lower score or do I trade him for Goddard?

And yes, I didn't pick Ablett or Goddard to begin with...

My question is:

I am having the Farmer issue too.

Normally I hate virtual sideways trades, but I need the money to go Ottens > Cox, and my thinking is as we're saying, even if Farmer plays 22 games, he's clearly going to score crap and not make me much money anyway. I also don't want to pass on Webs b/c I don't see any other good backline cash cows soon, and without the downgrade I'll have no ability to upgrade when I need to. I also have an extra MPP that I didn't have rnd 1, so I don't really need Farmer now. There, I think I've talked myself into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back