DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 4)

If your going to move Gumby on, try and have a B22 as your other forward bench. This will help to make your DP link more effective.

Yeah, fair call. Bench forwards would be Fyfe and Davis for the time being. Both seem to be locked into their respective teams' best 22.

Anyone know how long hargrave is out for?

I've hung on all year, reluctant to trade him, but will this week if he's out long-term.

What's the word?

If he's out, who's a better "in" - scotland (age, injury history) or carrots (up/down) or Fisher (see carrots)

Jimmy to bounce back as captain!!!!!!!!!

Whisper's on Cooney (for those who have him)

Carazzo i think will end up as one of the best backmen. Behind Hodge and Goddard he is the next best IMO. (If i havnt forgotten anyone).

Im looking at doing this now.

Hitchcock > Mcneil
Cunnington > Didak

Didak 100-105 avg
Cunnington 60 avg

+ full cover score of Didak for this round with Mcneil, Buddy and Hughes not playing.

Didak 390k
Higgins 360k
Sylvia 315k
Davis 275k

With Magic Number at 4000 ish.
Is Didak 7.5 points better than higgins,
is Higgins 11 points better than Sylvia,
Is Sylvia 10 points better than Davis.
Is Didak 21 points better than Sylvia

Unsure what to do, it is my last position to fill to make my full team. I could also get Gibbs, Murphy, NDS but unsure how much better scorers they will be than Didak. Sylvia, Higgins and Davis have all been reported to be carrying injuries and Didak has not to my knowledge.

Unsure if i should buy Sylvia and than try and get a better midfielder which will be very hard with Shuey not playing and not making money. Woud love to add Montagna or Swan into my lineup.

Decisions, decisions. Currently leaning towards Didak.

Nason to Heath (there aren't any other options?)

Then Maguire to Fisher.

I can afford any back men, so should I maybe look at spending a bit more and get someone a little more consistent?

Carazzo i think will end up as one of the best backmen. Behind Hodge and Goddard he is the next best IMO. (If i havnt forgotten anyone).

Im looking at doing this now.

Hitchcock > Mcneil
Cunnington > Didak

Didak 100-105 avg
Cunnington 60 avg

+ full cover score of Didak for this round with Mcneil, Buddy and Hughes not playing.

Didak 390k
Higgins 360k
Sylvia 315k
Davis 275k

With Magic Number at 4000 ish.
Is Didak 7.5 points better than higgins,
is Higgins 11 points better than Sylvia,
Is Sylvia 10 points better than Davis.
Is Didak 21 points better than Sylvia

Unsure what to do, it is my last position to fill to make my full team. I could also get Gibbs, Murphy, NDS but unsure how much better scorers they will be than Didak. Sylvia, Higgins and Davis have all been reported to be carrying injuries and Didak has not to my knowledge.

Unsure if i should buy Sylvia and than try and get a better midfielder which will be very hard with Shuey not playing and not making money. Woud love to add Montagna or Swan into my lineup.

Decisions, decisions. Currently leaning towards Didak.

i dont know to be honest, but about sylvia he is an interesting one, he has scored his big bags in the games melbourne have won, and his poor scores in our loosing games. How many games do you think melbourne will win, and factor in the chance he will play in the midfield too. I think at worst, if melbourne don't play well, he will average atleast 85 for the rest of the year.

Hey guys
My fwd line is very messy at this stage:

Goodes, ROK, SJ, Kennedy, Buddy, Rockliff, Watts (Yarran, Hitchcock)

So if I do nothing, I will cop a zero this week. I am going for a league win and have a pretty tough game this week. My mids and defenders are fine, but I only have 8 trades left, and 144k.

This week I wanted to trade out Yarran for a cheap rookie (or maybe a premium), and then upgrade Rockliff and Hitchcock over time.

Should I:

A) Trade Yarran/Hitchcock (depending on the latter's injury status) for Stewart or another fwd rookie (given NOK is not around this week)

B) Upgrade Yarran/Hitchcock for J Brown/Boomer/someone else

C) Do nothing, cop a zero this week, wait for a better rookie downgrade option, buddy will be back next week to cover the zero

D) Anything else...

Would probably prefer to trade out Yarran rather than Hitchcock first, because if Hitchy comes back I can make more cash of him, but I'm not sure of his injury status.

Sorry guys, but posted this in the other thread and was wondering if anyone can help?

Sorry guys, but posted this in the other thread and was wondering if anyone can help?

lol your right mate that forward line is a bit of a shambles atm. What i would probably do is downgrade yarran to Playfair and upgrade Hitchcock to Pavlich. Your forward line is full of mid pricers so this will bring another premium in. You will have watts on the bench with great JS and playfair on the bench with pritty good JS. Franklin is only gone for a week so one of them can cover for him this week and he will be back next week.

Just an idea incase you hadnt thought of it. I would probably do somthing along those lines:) Will leave you with a reasonable forward line and 6 trades for LTI

Gumbleton / Peterson / Rockliffe - need to downgrade / upgrade & leave 1/

--> Stevie J
--> Pavlich
--> Didak

which premium?

Pavlich.

More durable than the other two and having a great season. Its at a pritty good price atm as well

Can you afford Yarran to Pavlich?
If not you could consider Griffiths from the Tigers, Hitchcock -> Griffiths and then Yarran -> Pavlich. That would leave you some decent cash for another upgrade I would assume.

Why do people insist on starting a new thread when near 1000 posts? This happens week after week, and for some reason it's always a friday. Wouldn't it be better to continue the same thread until at least lockout, then people's questions and suggestions are not spread over 2 threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people insist on starting a new thread when near 1000 posts? This happens week after week, and for some reason it's always a friday. Wouldn't it be better to continue the same thread until at least lockout, then people's questions and suggestions are not spread over 2 threads.
That's why the other one gets locked... :rolleyes:
Cry me a river...

Current Team:

Def: Goddard, Hodge, Duffield, Enright, Carazzo, Hargrave, Waters (Hunt, Webberley).
Mid: Swan, Bartel, Montagna, Barlow, Goodes, Martin (Shuey, JKT).
Ruck: Cox, Hille (Skipper, Lobbe).
Fwd: Pavlich, Brown, Didak, Higgins, Giansiracusa, Podsiadly, O'Keefe (Ziebell, Gumbleton)

8 trades, 34k in kitty.

Pretty happy with my current set up in the Backs, Ruck and Forwards (even if some players are scoring crap!) ... have good solid back up in each of those spots (eg Hunt jumps in and covers Hargrave this week).

My major remaining weakness is 6th/7th/8th mids ... copped my first zero last week with Barlow's withdrawal.

The problem with getting rid of either of JKT and Shuey is that if they actually get a few more games they could make a lot of $$ (although the later it gets in the season, the less useful this $$ will be) ... JKT doesn't appear to be in Hawthorn's near term plans and after putting up with Shuey out for "1-2" weeks for about 6 weeks he now has glandular fever (although some debate over how "badly" he has it).

I could just trade to upgrade Martin:

1. Gumby to TDL and Martin to Mid $401,800 (Mitchell, NDS, Kornes)
2. Gumby to McNeill and Martin to Mid $413,500 (Stanton, Murphy)

Both of these obviously give me another pure premium in the mids but they still don't give me any backup in the mids and there is no guarantee TDL or McNeill will play any/many games.

Or I could make one trade to use the flexibility of the DP:

3. JKT (or Shuey) to McNeil (and switch him with Ziebell, making Ziebell M6, Martin M7, Gumby F8 and McNeil F9)

Leaves me 1 extra trade and gives me cover in the mids but doesn't deliver the pure premium mid.

Lastly, the idea that is starting to grow on me:

4. Gumby to McNeil and Shuey to Sylvia (can't use JKT here as not enough $$).

Doesn't get the pure premium but Sylvia could potentially average 90-95 for the rest of the season (started slow last season as well) and leaves Martin as a handy back up (with Ziebell in the forwards as back up).

Anyone got any thoughts on the above or see a better option? I'm happy to use 2 trades this week to complete my team and keep 6 for LTIs (or late season trades if I get lucky with injuries)

another stupid call by you
+1

I'd take Gilbert or Scotland over Carazzo any day... didn't you see his role against West Coast the other day DWD? He was tagging. Got kudos from the coach saying he was the second best on ground behind Garlett, expect to see Ratten use him in more tagging roles for the rest of the season.

+1

I'd take Gilbert or Scotland over Carazzo any day... didn't you see his role against West Coast the other day DWD? He was tagging. Got kudos from the coach saying he was the second best on ground behind Garlett, expect to see Ratten use him in more tagging roles for the rest of the season.

Ryan Houlihan, the Carlton forward tagger wasn't playing......He is this week so we can see what's going on.

When he plays that pure midfield role he has played all season (bar 2 games now) he will continue to score big. All you have to do to beat West Coast is shutdown Lecras, Kennedy and Hurn... And let Pridis deliever the ball inside 50 all day

Port were dismal last week and the conditions were atrocious, yet Stewart has still held his starting spot at CHF. Based on that you'd have to think he has decent JS, especially given Tredrea's extended absence.
If only his scores weren't puss, although last week would be excusable given that conditions did not favour forwards.

i dont know to be honest, but about sylvia he is an interesting one, he has scored his big bags in the games melbourne have won, and his poor scores in our loosing games. How many games do you think melbourne will win, and factor in the chance he will play in the midfield too. I think at worst, if melbourne don't play well, he will average atleast 85 for the rest of the year.

The thing is that he avg 95 last year in a melbourne side that was considerably worse off and lost plenty of games. Also remember him pumping out some massive scores (159 against the hawks, did they lose or win this game? IIRC they lost but unsure).

Its between him and Didak, also slightly considering Higgins.

But Sylvia is 315k and avg 95 last year, thats hard to resist and in an improving side whos last 5 games are Brisbane, Richmond, Hawthorn, Port and Melbourne. He could just go bang in those last 5.

Just wondering what your thoughts were on trading in dropped players...
Obviously decent value IYO as they should get games right?

Tempted to get Stewart considering the hype on the PA boards. Also watched the Port vs. St. Kilda replay on one which showed they really are struggling for decent forward options.

Edit:
Port were dismal last week ................. yet Stewart has still held his starting spot at CHF.............. If only his scores weren't puss, although last week would be excusable given that conditions did not favour forwards.

If he had pulled out a 60+ would there be more love for him this week you think???

Here's my team:
Backs: Goddard Enright Shaw Waters Kennelly Maguire Hunt Nason Webberley
Mids: Ablett Bartel Swan Hodge Barlow Martin Rohan JKT
Forwards: Chappy Pav ROK Goodes Brown Ziebell Pods Fyfe Gumby

12 trades, $47k.

My problem is getting cash. Obviously Gumby is the obvious downgrade (Fyfe has much more value in him) but to who. O Keefe got dropped, and gambling on Griffiths doesn't excite me.

Again downgrading Nason or Kennelly, but to who, given Heath will probably get dropped this arvo.

The only obvious cash finder I could do is Martin > Gysberts but ideally Martin needs to be upgraded not downgraded (to complete my mids) so if I downgrade him now I can't complete my midfield until finals time, which will cost me heaps of points in the meantime.

I could downgrade Warnock but that won't give me much cash.

Any suggestions on what to do? all suggestions appreciated.

Current Team:

Def: Goddard, Hodge, Duffield, Enright, Carazzo, Hargrave, Waters (Hunt, Webberley).
Mid: Swan, Bartel, Montagna, Barlow, Goodes, Martin (Shuey, JKT).
Ruck: Cox, Hille (Skipper, Lobbe).
Fwd: Pavlich, Brown, Didak, Higgins, Giansiracusa, Podsiadly, O'Keefe (Ziebell, Gumbleton)

8 trades, 34k in kitty.

Pretty happy with my current set up in the Backs, Ruck and Forwards (even if some players are scoring crap!) ... have good solid back up in each of those spots (eg Hunt jumps in and covers Hargrave this week).

My major remaining weakness is 6th/7th/8th mids ... copped my first zero last week with Barlow's withdrawal.

The problem with getting rid of either of JKT and Shuey is that if they actually get a few more games they could make a lot of $$ (although the later it gets in the season, the less useful this $$ will be) ... JKT doesn't appear to be in Hawthorn's near term plans and after putting up with Shuey out for "1-2" weeks for about 6 weeks he now has glandular fever (although some debate over how "badly" he has it).

I could just trade to upgrade Martin:

Both of these obviously give me another pure premium in the mids but they still don't give me any backup in the mids and there is no guarantee TDL or McNeill will play any/many games.

Or I could make one trade to use the flexibility of the DP:

3. JKT (or Shuey) to McNeil (and switch him with Ziebell, making Ziebell M6, Martin M7, Gumby F8 and McNeil F9)

Leaves me 1 extra trade and gives me cover in the mids but doesn't deliver the pure premium mid.

Lastly, the idea that is starting to grow on me:

4. Gumby to McNeil and Shuey to Sylvia (can't use JKT here as not enough $$).

Doesn't get the pure premium but Sylvia could potentially average 90-95 for the rest of the season (started slow last season as well) and leaves Martin as a handy back up (with Ziebell in the forwards as back up).

Anyone got any thoughts on the above or see a better option? I'm happy to use 2 trades this week to complete my team and keep 6 for LTIs (or late season trades if I get lucky with injuries)

Either sit tight or get McNeil into the mids.
To make good use of the mid/f DP you need at least 1 very cheap bencher in the mids, it's no use having 1 premium on his own because he is the one that needs the injury to get cover or a f DP to be out. Ideally to make really good use of DP you need 2 mids. Theres a huge range of decent DP forwards that can be used at anytime. I don't think it is worth the bother having DP backs at all.

As for JKT, can't see him playing anytime soon, he has been playing crap in the 2nds according to Inside Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back