Dwayne ' shit commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but I think what staggers me even more, is that the TV executives who have the ability to fix the issue, just ignore it and continue to serve up the same shit year after year.
Because if Danny Frawley is the Answer
Must be one hell of a question.

“Ablett was of course part of the super draft, BUT THEY GOT HIM AT PICK 40!!!!!”

Amazing that someone who is paid to comment on a sport isn’t aware of major rules that are in place or were in place.

And they wonder why people are turning off.

Utterly horrific again today. The elimination final rubbish. Brought out the boys to men comment again. Questioning the umpires calls as usual. But my favourite when talking about Sandilands concussion, apparently concussion is not an injury “injury”. WTF? :rolleyes: If it isn’t an injury, not sure what it could be defined as then. The man is a complete moron, aside from Basil, the worst commentator at present.

The man is a complete moron, aside from Basil, the worst commentator at present.
I respectfully disagree. He's worse than Basil. He's the worst I've ever heard. He makes Anthony Hudson sound like Martin Tyler.

I respectfully disagree. He's worse than Basil. He's the worst I've ever heard. He makes Anthony Hudson sound like Martin Tyler.

Yes it was indeed a close call! The thing is when he was calling for Channel 9 in 2002-2006, from memory he was a somewhat reasonable commentator. He and Dennis did a good job on those early Sunday games. I was in my mid teens then, maybe I didn’t mind his catchphrases so much :p But my god, since his move to Foxtel... Horrifying on every level!

I went with a stream to watch the Freo-Adelaide game. It was in Russian. I tuned it down a bit, the commentary became garbled and the crowd noise more apparent. They mix it higher than 7. Was actually enjoyable to watch. I had a chuckle when the commentators' names appeared in a pop-up.

Yes it was indeed a close call! The thing is when he was calling for Channel 9 in 2002-2006, from memory he was a somewhat reasonable commentator. He and Dennis did a good job on those early Sunday games. I was in my mid teens then, maybe I didn’t mind his catchphrases so much :p But my god, since his move to Foxtel... Horrifying on every level!
I'm not Aussie, and a relative newcomer (10 years) to watching. I've watched a lot of matches on youtube from the 00s. I can confirm, he was good then. In fact they were all better; much more restrained.

I'm not Aussie, and a relative newcomer (10 years) to watching. I've watched a lot of matches on youtube from the 00s. I can confirm, he was good then. In fact they were all better; much more restrained.

Thank you, my memory isn’t failing me :) That’s fantastic, yes there is some great matches on YouTube from the 00’s! The 2006 GF is a favourite of mine of course :)

You are right though. They were all much more restrained. A bit of humour and fun is ok, but the main purpose of the commentators is to call the game, simply and effectively. I don’t know why they think the viewers want to hear the screaming, over the top “opinions” proclamations of the greatest ever, champion etc. It is is very sad as to how bad commentary has descended to. And the subject of this thread is one of the prime architects of the demise. YOU BET HE IS :$:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Freo playing without Nat Fyfe today, it’s like the Rolling Stones without Mick Jagger”

10 minutes later Fyfe is shown on screen

“There’s Mick Jagger watching on”

Just **** right off

Probably his most annoying tendency - and that's obviously a huge field - is his propensity to pause between words when saying certain things.
Amen.

Probably his most annoying tendency - and that's obviously a huge field - is his propensity to pause between words when saying certain things.

Eg "THIS IS FOR THE BIGGEST. LEAD. OF. THE GAME!"

He's just a massive tool.

THEY HAVE... NEVER... PLAYED HERE IN THEIR HISTORY!

The above was another one similar to that with the elongated pauses around ‘Never’.

Yes Derwayne the venue has only been used for 12 rounds.

Last edited:
“Freo playing without Nat Fyfe today, it’s like the Rolling Stones without Mick Jagger”

10 minutes later Fyfe is shown on screen

“There’s Mick Jagger watching on”

Just **** right off

Thank F is at work while this game was on yesterday.
That bullshit is brick through the TV type commentary.

If you've just joined us, thread is still going strong.

If you had told me in 2011 that we'd still be suffering from Derwayne, I think I'd have contemplated giving up on footy.

I’ve noticed over the last few weeks that he has a new favourite word. No longer do players punch or fist the ball, oh no, now they “knuckle” it :sick:
I'd like to knuckle Dwayne. And by knuckle I mean beat with a 2-be-4.

'Gives him the Elvis hips' is his new phrase. Heard it in two separate games last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dwayne ' shit commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d

Remove this Banner Ad

Back