Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said previously.

You think he is outside the top 25 mids and isnt worth top picks, Yet think he is worth throwing money at?
Just find it strange, not salty. Find that term ridiculous and a cheep shot when discussing stuff like this. Means you have nothing.

I'm sure if the Hawks want him they will pay at the trade table. Will find out soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

For the most part I agree with you. If Hawthorn is Shiel’s preference, Than I expect the Hawks will pay fair market value, just like GWS will accept fair market value in return.
Both clubs are known for making compromises, as well as making a stand at various times.

As a supporter, do I think that Shiel is worth 2 first rounders? No, my opinion is age works against him. If he was 2 years younger, he would definitely be worth 2 firsts, no arguments.

Also saying as a supporter, I would describe Shiel as a need rather than a want. We need a midfielder, that can burst out of the square to help set us up to score. We need a reliable person that can help Tom Mitchell out, someone else that can bring our other players into the game. Shiel would help us out in that regard. While Shiel does tick a lot of boxes, there are other players, that could be targeted, that also tick similar boxes, that fills that need.

If Shiel decides he wants to commit himself to Hawthorn, then Hawthorn will commit themselves to Shiel, for a reasonable and fair price. If a deal can’t be reached than there is next year, where he becomes a FA. I highly doubt that will happen though, as I think our clubs have a solid trading history.

Carlton can pay 1.5 (front loaded for at least 2 if needed). The decision will be whether Shiel wants to come and lead a young team to long term success and at the club he supported all his life or not.....good luck at the veteran clubs....
He is 25, he will easily be in his 30’s before Carlton are anywhere near it

So by the Hawks supporters being the majority of posters in this thread how are these two possibilities for trades?

Hawks first rd 2018 and Mcevoy for Shiel with Hawks paying half the salary of Mcevoy on a 2 year contract maybe some swapping of later picks to even it up?

Hawks first rd 2018 and Smith for Shiel with Hawks paying half the salary of Smith on a 2 year contract maybe some swapping of later picks to even it up?

I think the most important thing is if any of the 3 players would be interested in a move and then if the clubs can agree but I would be happy with either deal

Smith is very unlikely, could be our next captain. Provides a lot of run, which we seriously lack.

McEvoy could be plausible, would depend if we could get a back up ruckman ourselves, to help out Ceglar, who would become our first ruck.

You guys are very hard to see who could be a starting 22 player, that we could a. Afford to lose. B. You need. The most plausible one is McEvoy. who knows how this will play out?

Can we throw in Langford and Tim O’Brien too, and get their first round as well as Dylan.

O'Brien is looking promising at C.H.B & is still only 24.....Chuck in the inept Clangers, who is turning 28 instead, & you have a sweet idea there.

#StalkerAlert

Might want to find something else to occupy your time with pal, that isn't really healthy.

Neither is your obsession healthy with Ceglar and pick 1 sunshine.

Your like that great uncle that tells the same joke over and over, laughing, snorting and farting at your own joke. Be daring be more creative, entertain us with your wit.

McEvoy could be plausible, would depend if we could get a back up ruckman ourselves, to help out Ceglar, who would become our first ruck.

You guys are very hard to see who could be a starting 22 player, that we could a. Afford to lose. B. You need. The most plausible one is McEvoy. who knows how this will play out?

Smith is 30 in December so I would think 3 years left before questions are asked depending on form and desire, remarkably durable which is why I would think he would be a great asset to any team, Depending on Roughead I would think a younger player would be a better option as captain? Any other possible candidates? Mitchell Shiels or Gunston?

Smith is 30 in December so I would think 3 years left before questions are asked depending on form and desire, remarkably durable which is why I would think he would be a great asset to any team, Depending on Roughead I would think a younger player would be a better option as captain? Any other possible candidates? Mitchell Shiels or Gunston?

Smith and Shiels are the vice captains. Would think possibly 1 of them 2, are the most likely to step up to being captain. With possibly Gunston, McEvoy or Breust stepping up to become the 2nd VC. Mitchell needs another 2 years at the club, before being considered, I think. Only other player I can think of that could suit you guys is Hardwick, could play either end of the ground, hard at it, the question is who could he replace?

Walked into this thread thinking Pick 1 was fair value for a player of Shiels quality. I honestly can't believe Hawthorn supporters will get a CONTRACTED Shiel for a single first round pick in the teens. You've got to be ******* kidding me, pull your heads out of your asses, you'll be coughing up big time if he nominated you.

You do realise that Shiel doesn’t equal Tent Croad and Luke McPharlin right?

Only Saints are dumb enough to offer 1.2mil. Lunacy.

Will play for silverware at the hawks on 750k ish

But your window is past, with your current recruitment, you will be in the 5 - 8 category with diminishing return per year as you have 8 thirty or over players. You are essentially trodding down the path of geelong and sydney. While you have obtain jaegar and mitchell, they are offset by your aging team and you no longer have the support players to help out the stars. I cant see you toppling richmond in the next few years and we north on the on the way up witht he big 4 signing (polec, hall, gaff and j.kelly) also the rise of LDU Thomas, longevity of Cunnington and Higgins will make our midfield one of the best. And this is only the known, also got to factor in the likes of Anderson or others like him taking it to the next level. Your time for silverware is over so money is more important.

But your window is past, with your current recruitment, you will be in the 5 - 8 category with diminishing return per year as you have 8 thirty or over players. You are essentially trodding down the path of geelong and sydney. While you have obtain jaegar and mitchell, they are offset by your aging team and you no longer have the support players to help out the stars. I cant see you toppling richmond in the next few years and we north on the on the way up witht he big 4 signing (polec, hall, gaff and j.kelly) also the rise of LDU Thomas, longevity of Cunnington and Higgins will make our midfield one of the best. And this is only the known, also got to factor in the likes of Anderson or others like him taking it to the next level. Your time for silverware is over so money is more important.

Y'all've started banging this drum again?

You lost all cred when you named Hall as a big signing .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what? There's no guarantee pick 1 will be anywhere near as good as Sheil. I'm just saying he's worth pick 1 or thereabouts.

For a top 5 draft pick you would want a minimum 10 year player. Shiel turns 26 next year. So is it possible he plays for 10 years. Yes it could be possible, although I think unlikely. Definitely worth a first round draft pick though.

Bahahaha

If Shiel nominates a club, he’ll likely get to the club unless we have a Gibbs to Adelaide situation. If GWS ask for more, I’m sure Hawthorn will eventually come to the party unlike Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Back