E.J Whitten Legends game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't this how WSC started, ex players playing exhibition games... somethings afoot, the AFL would be worried, there's big money on the sidelines, live footy vs the gate, Channel 9 involved, Eddie pulling the strings, Andy D at George Michael concerts... curiouser and curiouser.

now strauchanie has twitted he is the first openly gay footballer

god this bloke is an unfunny ****wit

Old-fashioned footy legend all a twitter July 5, 2010

Ads by Google
Free Practice Account
Want to learn more about cfds? We can help. Learn More

www.GFT.com.au

Peter Helliar's alter ego is eager to grab the headlines as he returns from obscurity for the Legends match. Michael Lallo reports.

AFTER 140 years, the AFL's closet door has finally swung open. And out has stepped a player whom few suspected was ''in'': Collingwood legend Bryan ''Strauchanie'' Strauchan.

''I am Australia's first openly gay footballer,'' confirms Strauchan, who has emerged from retirement to play in the E. J. Whitten Legends Game tomorrow night. ''But Strauchanie likes to do things a little differently. He's not gay in the way people think that means. He's a 'happy' gay, a 1940s kind of gay, like the kookaburra in the old gum tree.''

http://www.theage.com.au/national/m...footy-legend-all-a-twitter-20100704-zvu3.html

I'm going to the Legends match for the first time tomorrow with some friends and I was just wondering if I should buy the tickets online today or just buy them at the gate tomorrow?

I gotta say, that Victorian lineup looks impressive. A lot of players who haven't been gone that long. I also sense a distinctive NM vibe with the likes of Simpson, Sinclair, Thompson, Martyn, Schwass, Grant & Archer in the team. :)

Would love to see someone try and line up Newman. I don't think he would take too kindly to it. It could well be compulsive viewing.

Not sure I'm an advocate of running through a 65 year old man with a litany of health issues - as he competes to raise a dollar in a charity match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Headed in to see an old teammate of mine, and coach, Tony McDonnell. See how he goes against the big boys.

He's a Country football legend, and no doubt Lyon will pump him up, as he's a Kyabram boy.

Why don't they stick bruiser mcavaney at CHF, would be great to see him get filled in!!

Ah man the places you could go with this comment :D

Pods has been chanelling the spirit of the monster in the #31. Leave him alone. All of you.

Vics look pretty tall.

I reckon of the non footballers, Newitt might be pretty handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

E.J Whitten Legends game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back