Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished watching the replay.

That play that won it.
Gov who was in hospital days ago takes a massive contested mark. Plays on. Vardy hard running marks, gets in on quickly. Ryan takes mark of the game, again plays on quickly taking the game on.
Riolis awareness to give Sheed a chance at the mark.
Sheed kicking that goal. So clutch.

Afterwards Hurn and Lecras a massive embrace.

****en love this club

I ... I still can't quite believe it. Despite everything.

The first thing I asked my wife this morning was "did we really win yesterday?" :D

The 2018 season was like living in Trumpland, where facts don't matter.

Heading into yesterday's game we were 4-1 against the rest of the top 4. 5-0 if you consider home and away ladder rather than preliminary finalists. Our one loss was a narrow loss to Melbourne in Round 22 when Kennedy didn't play and Darling was knocked out in the first quarter. The "experts" tipped against us in every single final. Our record was fake news.

Undefeated in Victoria this year. I'm not 100% certain but I suspect we may be the first non-Vic team to boast such a record. We even beat Collingwood at the MCG earlier this year after losing Nic Nat before half time. Ignored and forgotten. Our record was fake news.

We were considered "lucky" to beat Collingwood in the Qualifying Final. Melbourne "didn't show up". Our Grand Final place was "wasted" on us. **** off. The fairytale narrative was on.

Then the mental gymnastics continued in Grand Final week where the MCG is a neutral ground the Eagles can't win at because it's Collingwood's home ground. Similar to the doublethink whereby Nic Nat is overrated, doesn't rack up enough possessions, but the Eagles can't win without him. I love Victorian "experts" sometimes. Especially Robert Walls :D

And then the game itself. Jesus Christ a Grand Final for the ages. 5.0 to 0.2 in the blink of an eye. But what separates this West Coast team from previous ones is sheer grit. We fought and fought and fought over the next two quarters to tie it up at three quarter time. Sidebottom was a non-factor. Grundy was a non-factor. Cox was handed a football lesson by Tommy Barrass. What the **** was going on? :D

Then Collingwood slammed on the first two goals of the last quarter and I punched the wall with both fists. Praise the football Gods our walls are made out of brick in Perth otherwise I'd have repair works to do today.

That last play. It will live on in West Coast folklore, up there with Matera setting sail for home in 92 and the Chick smother, handpass, shepherd, Hunter goal in 06.

Jeremy McGovern, the highest paid footballer in WA history, who we discovered post-match was hospitalised for two nights after the Prelim with internal bleeding, took a big contested mark in defence. He kicked with precision (a West Coast trademark in 2018) to Nathan Vardy, who marked on his chest. In consecutive weeks Vardy shut down Gawn and Grundy and was only playing because Nic Nat was injured. Vardy kicked it long and Liam flyin' Ryan lived up to his name with a speccy. He quickly played on with another long kick to Sheed on the boundary. Contested marking, accurate kicking. Pure West Coast. Sheed, only playing because Gaff committed a capital crime, on the boundary, on the right side for a left footer, the Collingwood faithful losing their shit RIGHT THERE (it's OK when any supporter base other than the one that fills Optus Stadium shows passion, another Trumpland special) and he NAILED THE SHOT. GOAL OF THE ****ING YEAR. And didn't he let the Collingwood mob know all about it afterwards :moustache:

2018 Premiers. To the most deserving team of the year :thumbsu: No Nic Nat, no Gaff, no Sheppard. PREMIERS!!!

Was nice seeing a lot of neutral fans supporting us over Collingwood too. I reckon only Freo fans (understandable) and Port fans (hilariously understandable) would have been barracking for Collingwood.

I love this game. I love you all.

UP THE F*&^%ING COASTERS!!!

Hey guys! Congrats on the big win! Was an amazing Grand Final!

I am a designer and illustrator from Melbourne and have been creating my own premiers posters for the past 5 years as an alternative to the cartoon/newspaper ones available.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but just wanted to share my Eagles 2018 Premiers poster!

After threatened legal action from the AFL last year i'm no longer using the premiership cup in my artworks :( Really not keen on fighting them!

A lot of hard work went into creating this so if you have any negative comments please keep them to yourself.

If you'd like to buy one please visit my website www.timmcfarlin.com

They are limited to 100 and usually sell out very fast.

Thanks guys and congrats again!

Eagles%20WEBSITE%20Poster%20Limited_V2_zpsnnaueinn.jpg

Sketches_zpsk7zxutoq.jpg

Hey guys! Congrats on the big win! Was an amazing Grand Final!

I am a designer and illustrator from Melbourne and have been creating my own premiers posters for the past 5 years as an alternative to the cartoon/newspaper ones available.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but just wanted to share my Eagles 2018 Premiers poster!

After threatened legal action from the AFL last year i'm no longer using the premiership cup in my artworks :( Really not keen on fighting them!

A lot of hard work went into creating this so if you have any negative comments please keep them to yourself.

If you'd like to buy one please visit my website www.timmcfarlin.com

They are limited to 100 and usually sell out very fast.

Thanks guys and congrats again!

Eagles%20WEBSITE%20Poster%20Limited_V2_zpsnnaueinn.jpg

Sketches_zpsk7zxutoq.jpg

A like for being the right eagle. Wedgie > Bald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations on winning the big one, and doing what we couldn't do last year, beating the lower ranked Vic team on their home deck.

Your boys seem to be the masters of winning the big games right at the death knell, I'd like to know your secret!

I’m not sure what the secret is... It was only last year that we lost a host of games after leading in the final quarter... The turnaround began on that glorious September evening at Adelaide Oval :D Something changed around that time. We did drop one close game this year if you recall, but it has been a huge improvement. I think it comes with maturity and experience, our leaders have developed so much in the last few years. They know how to control the situation. It’s been a long time coming!

1992 1994 2006 2018

19 19 20 20........(30)

2, 4, 6, 8, .....(10)

Based on the above numeral continuum’s
I can mathematically predict our next premiership!
And that magic year will be......

3010 :thumbsu:..... :eek:
on a positive we will also win 2 years later in 3012

Last edited:
I’m not sure what the secret is... It was only last year that we lost a host of games after leading in the final quarter... The turnaround began on that glorious September evening at Adelaide Oval :D Something changed around that time. We did drop one close game this year if you recall, but it has been a huge improvement. I think it comes with maturity and experience, our leaders have developed so much in the last few years. They know how to control the situation. It’s been a long time coming!

And what a cracking game that EF at AO was last year, thank you to your boys for that!!

There has been a lot of salty Pear tears shed over that game :)

And what a cracking game that EF at AO was last year, thank you to your boys for that!!

There has been a lot of salty Pear tears shed over that game :)

I reckon Port has taken this GF win harder then anyone. Both Collingwood and Fremantle seem to be relatively okay but Port holy hell are they sore.

Maybe its because we ended 2 of their seasons in a row with kicks after the siren?

At Oktoberfest. Had a stein with Jack Watts today. Good bloke. Then Trengove started piping up about how shit the Eagles were and how they didnt deserve the flag. Got a bit tense. He is built like a spider. He didnt like my 'Up the bloody coasters' right in his face to finish. Watts was all class to be fair.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Congratulations on winning the big one, and doing what we couldn't do last year, beating the lower ranked Vic team on their home deck.

Your boys seem to be the masters of winning the big games right at the death knell, I'd like to know your secret!
It's Arrogance. Do try it.

I reckon Port has taken this GF win harder then anyone. Both Collingwood and Fremantle seem to be relatively okay but Port holy hell are they sore.

Maybe its because we ended 2 of their seasons in a row with kicks after the siren?
Had to laugh, This is what one of ports mods wrote:

“There's just no feel good narrative here.

Soulless corporate entity with the worst fans in the league and with a history of winning premierships regularly.

Smug, boring coach who had success as a player, didn't build half of his team and has never struggled in his coaching career in any way. His team play boring but effective football.

Vanilla group of players who are neither likable nor unlikable. No underdogs, no journeymen, no amazing injury comebacks. The most likable and watchable player in the team with the best back story is sitting on the sidelines with an ACL.

Yawn.”

Soulless corporate entity with the worst fans in the league and with a history of winning premierships regularly.

Smug, boring coach who had success as a player, didn't build half of his team and has never struggled in his coaching career in any way. His team play boring but effective football.

Vanilla group of players who are neither likable nor unlikable. No underdogs, no journeymen, no amazing injury comebacks. The most likable and watchable player in the team with the best back story is sitting on the sidelines with an ACL.

Yawn.”
Oh man.

That is some salt

Yawn.”
Hahaha would you like some salt with that salt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back