Eagles sharpen axe

Remove this Banner Ad

Shock horror they've managed to apportion the blame quite well.
- Young players haven't come on... (well it would help if you played them and showed faith instead of waiting half a season.)
- Metropolis is rubbish... (yeah even though the backline is the only thing that improved throughout the year.)
- It's Quinten's fault. (C'mon that's getting a bit old now)
- A long hard road ahead (Whoah !! I thought Woosha said a year ago he had the group that was going to take us back to the top)
- Injuries? (The injuries didn't really start until it was clear that the A-team was rubbish anyway.)
- Skills Coach... (Nothing to do with filling/drafting a team with ordinary disposal - Priddis, Selwood, Ebert, Mginnity etc because someone likes their 'endeavour'.

Seriously who's in charge of this review - Michael Voss?

We have to do something

Carwash?

Lamborghini_carwash_girls_02.jpg

Shock horror they've managed to apportion the blame quite well.
- Young players haven't come on... (well it would help if you played them and showed faith instead of waiting half a season.)
- Metropolis is rubbish... (yeah even though the backline is the only thing that improved throughout the year.)
- It's Quinten's fault. (C'mon that's getting a bit old now)
- A long hard road ahead (Whoah !! I thought Woosha said a year ago he had the group that was going to take us back to the top)
- Injuries? (The injuries didn't really start until it was clear that the A-team was rubbish anyway.)
- Skills Coach... (Nothing to do with filling/drafting a team with ordinary disposal - Priddis, Selwood, Ebert, Mginnity etc because someone likes their 'endeavour'.

Seriously who's in charge of this review - Michael Voss?

This:thumbsu:

Just as long as they swing it.
No as long as it's swung in the right direction.

If youngsters are let go at the expense of senior players riding on the coat tails of yesteryears success, I will be mightily pissed.

A lot just want "something" done. Which is perfect for management types who are simply concerned about appearance and memberships.

If heads are going to roll it better be the right ones, though I would much prefer serious operational changes be made than token sackings.

Daniher's review will also soon include a study of the club's fitness and conditioning department after a year ravaged by injury to senior players such as captain Darren Glass and star on-baller Daniel Kerr.

We have had a tremendous amount of injuries in the last 3-4 years and this kind of review if truly comprehensive could only benefit the club. Help us determine if it is our training methods/conditioning, staff issues, drafting, travel requirements, simply the players themselves or a combination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No as long as it's swung in the right direction.

If youngsters are let go at the expense of senior players riding on the coat tails of yesteryears success, I will be mightily pissed.

What about youngsters that havent been able to make an impact at AFL level. when do we cut then 2 or 3 seasons?

Cockie as a rooke isnt up to it. We have rookies and kids who cant get a game at WAFL level and make an impression.

You could speculate that masten, for example, lacks the awareness, pace and disposal skills of priddis. he certainly lacks the work ethic. Is he worth a fourth season.

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder.

What about youngsters that havent been able to make an impact at AFL level. when do we cut then 2 or 3 seasons?

Cockie as a rooke isnt up to it. We have rookies and kids who cant get a game at WAFL level and make an impression.

You could speculate that masten, for example, lacks the awareness, pace and disposal skills of priddis. he certainly lacks the work ethic. Is he worth a fourth season.

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder.
You make a valid point, but delisting Masten at this point would be insanity.

No I was thinking more along the lines of retaining guys like Lynch but not offering Strijk a senior contract.

Pfft no way we would de lis Rosa, unless he is on 2 strikes...

if he was we wouldnt know

I wouldn't have thought so either!

Supposedly all players have gone in for reviews - so a journo probably saw Rosa walk in for his review and made up a story!

its not the first time ive heard a rosa rumour though, and he is out of contract...

As if we would delist Rosa.

Only possible scenario is if he is being wooed by GC or a Melbourne team.

GC would be crazy not to target a player from every team given the AFL gives up the concessions not GC.

They must be targeting an Eagle and unfortunately it doesn't appear to be Lynch.

Wouldn't be fussed about losing Rosa. Not a great player, taken a long time to reach a fairly mediocre level. Was noticing in the Geelong game the number of targets he missed and effective disposal needs to be a strength of his game. Excited to hear that up to 12 players could be turned over but probably won't happen, never does despite the noises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles sharpen axe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back