dave_27

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Have they brought a s---t load to the game today or what, the ponsford is full of them.

Just on a different note, had a couple of middle aged woman with eagle scarfes sitting near me at the Anzac day clash. Have a guess what one of them was drinking.

Anyone for chardy? ;)

They seem to either bring a lot of supporters over or (and) have a lot of Melbourne based members/supporters, they may even catch up to Brisbane in popularity stakes here in Vic in the future.

Oh trust me they got heaps in Melbourne, I seem to a fair few, or know people who know Eagle supporters.
Yeah, I've got several mates who moved to Melbourne from Perth and remain passionate supporters. There's a lot like that

Eagles have a lot of support here, mostly from ex-pats, I know a fair few people from WA that have had the good sense to move to a better city. :p

That being said, we got 40k against the Eagles a few years ago at the MCG, 27k would be disappointing for the Tigers vs Eagles given they have a significantly larger supporter base.

Goes to show how well you are travelling means more than how big a superpower you are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they have all jumped on in the last few years, bandwagon team

What a load of shit. In the seven years I've lived in Victoria, I've only met a handful of Eagles supporters and they were all ex-pat West Aussies who supported the club from inception. On the other hand, I've come across hundreds of Essendon bandwagoners. Many of them women who "support" Essendon because they like their colours. Not saying that the Dons don't have a very, very big (and legitimate) body of supporters. But I can bet that just about any time I ask someone who seems to know sweet FA about football who they support, their response is Essendon.

I think it was just a good weekend to go to Melbourne and watch some footy. Thought about doing it myself, ANZAC match game Wed, West Coasts only scheduled game at the G and Brissy/Carlton at the Dome tonight.

Unfortunately My credit card still retains the scars of last years GF, and I'm trying to clean it up for this years!:D

I think it was just a good weekend to go to Melbourne and watch some footy. Thought about doing it myself, ANZAC match game Wed, West Coasts only scheduled game at the G and Brissy/Carlton at the Dome tonight.

Unfortunately My credit card still retains the scars of last years GF, and I'm trying to clean it up for this years!:D

You should have it was beautiful day today, apart from the loss. Saw lots of supporters on my train line for the Weagles, was surprised at the number.

Eagles supporters are better off moving to Melbourne these days anyway, beats waiting on the 6 year waiting list. Actually get to see them play a few times a year.

I might be going back to Perth later this year and it's one element of the move I'm not looking forward to. No chance of getting into see the team.

Was surprised at the crowd today. Went to the corresponding fixture two years ago and from memory it was around 50k with probably an 80 / 20 split. Today was what 28k with I reckon a 65 / 35 split.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles supporters at the G today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back