Eagles try to Snap form Slump, Macdougall Recalled?

Remove this Banner Ad

Truth Personified

Team Captain
Suspended
Jun 7, 2006
White House
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The UCC
Now, for my money, what a dumb decison. Lost the last two games because there has been no target at CHF, enter Macdougall.

What a silly decison, Ash Hansen must be furious.

Armstrong played the kind of game we've been begging for from more senior players. I think this was a bad bad move. I'm all for "developing youth", but Armstrong is still quite young and will offer us more in September than Rosa will. Unless matchups have absolutely dictated otherwise, this is the worst move the selection panel have made this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19703885-23211,00.html

Centre half-forward Ashley Hansen also seems likely to make a comeback after taking his place in the 23-man travelling party.

Micale said Hansen's recall represented a return to a "tried and true" formula.

"We have experimented through that (forward) area in recent weeks, and those experiments did not come up as we would have liked," he said.
"Hansen has been tried and true and played some very good footy forward for us at centre half-forward, so we have gone back to that aspect.

"What we are looking for is a greater consistency right across the board from all players, and play with far greater intensity than we did last week for four quarters."

Truth Personified said:
Now, for my money, what a dumb decison. Lost the last two games because there has been no target at CHF, enter Macdougall.

What a silly decison, Ash Hansen must be furious.

Hansen has been selected. Seems the Match committee is in panic mode a bit.

Never let a West coast fan ever tell you again that players have to "earn their spot" in the team as Hansen got beaten by Benet Copping in the WAFL last week.

On form Macdougal deserved another shot.

Ripper said:

Never let a West coast fan ever tell you again that players have to "earn their spot" in the team as Hansen got beaten by Benet Copping in the WAFL last week.

Yes, it would seem so. Read that Macdougall has been racking up some big stats whilst hansen has been quiet.

Ripper said:

Maybe Copping should get a game for Freo then?

Oh yeah, its the oppositie with Freo isn't it? You don't have to perform at AFL level to get a game, let alone WAFL. :thumbsu:;)

Black JuJu said:
Maybe Copping should get a game for Freo then?

Oh yeah, its the oppositie with Freo isn't it? You don't have to perform at AFL level to get a game, let alone WAFL. :thumbsu:;)

Not this year. We have used 35 players only one less than the injury riddled Lions and Tigers.

The injury ravaged Bulldogs have used 28.

Cuddly John had used only 29 before last round when he selected Gardiner & Armstrong.

Ripper said:

Actually

I would say the venue was the major reason why Hansen was picked in front of Dougs this week.

He is way more likely to straighten up West Coast on a ground that is as wide as it is long.

Hard to argue with the current West Coast selection comittee anyway.

They do have the "runs on the board" in the last few seasons after all

peppy la pew said:
Why the hell should Copping get a game for Freo this week. All he did was beat a hack by the name of Hansen in a WAFL game.

Remember Benet Copping is a Future prospect as far as Freo is concerned.
Unlike Ashley who is a required player.

I was baiting, like Ripper but I got a bite.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

Ripper said:

id worry about my own backyard purple battyman.

Bestbird said:
Actually

I would say the venue was the major reason why Hansen was picked in front of Dougs this week.

He is way more likely to straighten up West Coast on a ground that is as wide as it is long.

Hard to argue with the current West Coast selection comittee anyway.

They do have the "runs on the board" in the last few seasons after all

Fastest way home on the G is the corridor, from what I have seen Hansen wouldnt know where that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles try to Snap form Slump, Macdougall Recalled?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back