East Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

how are all the teams shaping up this season?

I'm from lakes and we have appointed our assistant from last year as our head coach, Tim Bull. Bit of recruiting going on in the background I think, a couple of new faces on the track such as a bloke from heyfield called Gerrard Kennedy, anybody know anything about him?

Gday boys. can you give me some info on a couple of players from your league that are headin up to wagga next year to play.Sean ryan and mark sellings . iI heard they go well .

Mark sellings goes pretty good, solid midfielder, can be a fair tosser when your playing on him. Shaun Ryan is a pretty decent shot for goal, can take a decent grab but generally relies on playing on weaker opponents if he is to play well. If he takes say the third best defender he will probably nab 2 to 3 goals a game

Mark sellings is the good pick up there though, very handy acquisition to any side, think he just about won one of the local media awards this year, ie best and fairest as adjudicated by the papers etc.

how are all the teams shaping up this season?

I'm from lakes and we have appointed our assistant from last year as our head coach, Tim Bull. Bit of recruiting going on in the background I think, a couple of new faces on the track such as a bloke from heyfield called Gerrard Kennedy, anybody know anything about him?

Gerrard Kennedy is a gun - could have played West Gippy LaTrobe at his peak. Was a dominant player in Heyfield's premiership.

playing with lakes last year and speaking to committee people i would say they will spend a bit next year. so u will seem then rise up i would say

Rumour has it that an ex-AFL player is on the verge of playing at Lakes??
He played AFL last year.
Anyone know who that would be??
I hear that there is a strong Richmond and Hawthorn connection down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

being an ex lakes boy, wish the lads all the best for the season. See Dave McKean and kane downing are travelling back from melbourne to play and they have signed that gerard from heyfield. can't confirm about jurica but did hear rumours but i would say they will stay as rumours. Bairnsdale the team to beat again with neil brodribb returning from melbourne and a couple of other handy recruits popping up as well. Orbost will struggle this year heard there is a hell of a lot of in fighting going on up there- even talk of the re-emergence of snowy!!!! ;)

being an ex lakes boy, wish the lads all the best for the season. See Dave McKean and kane downing are travelling back from melbourne to play and they have signed that gerard from heyfield. can't confirm about jurica but did hear rumours but i would say they will stay as rumours. Bairnsdale the team to beat again with neil brodribb returning from melbourne and a couple of other handy recruits popping up as well. Orbost will struggle this year heard there is a hell of a lot of in fighting going on up there- even talk of the re-emergence of snowy!!!! ;)

Great summary Smuu28. What were the scores from the bairnsdale V Orbost game yesterday???:confused: Been studying the pre season form??:confused:
Stick to the southern league pal!:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

East Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back