Toast Eat One Buckley Haters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I question the almighty wisdom of Bucks the Great? Unlike you, I am interested in results, not blind devotion.

Collingwood have not improved under Buckley. They are still making the same mistakes. He has made stupid decision after stupid decision all year. The only good match they have played all year was against Sydney a few weeks' back. Essendon were gone, so that doesn't count.

Interesting conversation amongst the commentators before the game - they all thought Collingwood would be Top Two, and likely Premiers. Instead they are rabble.

I do agree, the Buckley experiment has been a FAILURE. I would not be offering him a new contract

Because I question the almighty wisdom of Bucks the Great? Unlike you, I am interested in results, not blind devotion.

Collingwood have not improved under Buckley. They are still making the same mistakes. He has made stupid decision after stupid decision all year. The only good match they have played all year was against Sydney a few weeks' back. Essendon were gone, so that doesn't count.

Interesting conversation amongst the commentators before the game - they all thought Collingwood would be Top Two, and likely Premiers. Instead they are rabble.
No it's not that. I'm not narrow minded like a lot of people here and think just because Bucks was a great player he's a great coach or just simply because he is our coach he's the greatest coach there is.
I'm not sold on him either because we've been playing like shit for 2 years, but just seemed like an odd time to post as if you were happy that we lost just to prove that Bucks ain't up to it.
But yeah it ain't looking all too flash.

Man this thread was just asking to get bitten on the arse when something like this happened.

2010: 1st (P)
2011: 1st
2012: 4th
2013: 6th (out in week 1 of finals)

Even if you're the biggest Buckley fan in the world you've got to admit this trend is worrying. We're clearly gotten much worse since Malthouse left, for a variety of reasons. I think Bucks deserves another year but I think the weight of evidence at the moment does not support an "Eat one Buckley Haters: thread, he hasn't actually achieved anything yet.

Imv Malthouse had to be replaced but Buckley I believe was a poor choice.

Too close to the playing group and his personalty rubs up his players the wrong way.

He can be funny but it is forced whenever he tries to be humorous.

Oh, we lost to a team we had already lost to. In a year we were never going to win the premiership. After a series of catastrophic injuries we were only just beginning to recover from. BOY OH BOY WOWEE

The thing I detest about the negative crew is that there's no downside for you lot, it's complete cowardice. We lose, you get to crow about it; we win, you enjoy it despite trumpeting doom the whole way through.

It's this sort of overreaction to losses that made Melbourne the club that it is, and that got Malthouse out in the first place. We were never going to win the flag this year. Miracles don't happen. Yes, Buckley made a few coaching mistakes tonight, but that wasn't what lost us the game. If any one person did that, it was Shaw (and no one person lost us the game).

It's cynical knee-jerk negativity like this that puts clubs in the ground; When Buckley's had a full year or more with few injuries, and still performs worse than malthouse did in the same circumstances, then you guys can go complain to your hearts' content. I might even listen. I hope the club won't. In the meantime, stop being such whinging f*****g w*****s.

Coach can't be blamed for experienced AFL players not being able to hit a target 30m away, turnovers cost us so many goals today.
Worsfold is the only person I'd have to replace bucks.

Imv Malthouse had to be replaced but Buckley I believe was a poor choice.

Too close to the playing group and his personalty rubs up his players the wrong way.

He can be funny but it is forced whenever he tries to be humorous.

I didnt know it was an audition for a job as a stand-up comedian...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt know it was an audition for a job as a stand-up comedian...

I just think Bucks comes over as too serious.

That was the biggest question mark with his appointment. How would he relate to those who didn't take AFL Football too seriously.

You guys act is if its the exact same team in 2011 that is rolling out there now.

My god, some facts would be nice.

What good is it comparing 2010 & 2011 to this team when its completely different?

If that's as far as your analysis goes and base all your opinions on such a trivial method, then you're always going to be disappointed.

Man this thread was just asking to get bitten on the arse when something like this happened.

2010: 1st (P)
2011: 1st
2012: 4th
2013: 6th (out in week 1 of finals)

Even if you're the biggest Buckley fan in the world you've got to admit this trend is worrying. We're clearly gotten much worse since Malthouse left, for a variety of reasons. I think Bucks deserves another year but I think the weight of evidence at the moment does not support an "Eat one Buckley Haters: thread, he hasn't actually achieved anything yet.

Is that a bit like:

2002: 4th (2nd)
2003: 2nd (2nd)
2004: 13th
2005: 15th

That's a worrying trend.

Who could imagine a team dropping back so precipitously?

Oh, we lost to a team we had already lost to. In a year we were never going to win the premiership. After a series of catastrophic injuries we were only just beginning to recover from. BOY OH BOY WOWEE

The thing I detest about the negative crew is that there's no downside for you lot, it's complete cowardice. We lose, you get to crow about it; we win, you enjoy it despite trumpeting doom the whole way through.

It's this sort of overreaction to losses that made Melbourne the club that it is, and that got Malthouse out in the first place. We were never going to win the flag this year. Miracles don't happen. Yes, Buckley made a few coaching mistakes tonight, but that wasn't what lost us the game. If any one person did that, it was Shaw (and no one person lost us the game).

It's cynical knee-jerk negativity like this that puts clubs in the ground; When Buckley's had a full year or more with few injuries, and still performs worse than malthouse did in the same circumstances, then you guys can go complain to your hearts' content. I might even listen. I hope the club won't. In the meantime, stop being such whinging f*****g w*****s.

Top post. I find it kinda sickening that some 'Collingwood supporters' clearly enjoy bumping this thread and can't even wait till the game is done.

I suspect Nanette has a few accounts on bigfooty/collingwood.

I just think Bucks comes over as too serious.

That was the biggest question mark with his appointment. How would he relate to those who didn't take AFL Football too seriously.

Are you ****ing kidding? Have you bothered to watch him in press conferences and other situations? Have you ever heard of a guy called Ross Lyon? I suggest that you look at his recent press conference and ask yourself whether you think he is a serious kind of guy.

I suppose I also wonder what you would advise a coach whether he has to deal with players who dont take AFL "too seriously". Should he just light up a joint and share it around? ..

I was secretly happy that we lost so I could come on bigfooty and hang shit on bucks. It makes me feel so good .....and important too.... to hang shit ...gather around boys... we could make this last all off season

PleaseNot-this-thread-again.jpg

I was secretly happy that we lost so I could come on bigfooty and hang shit on bucks. It makes me feel so good .....and important too.... to hang shit ...gather around boys... we could make this last all off season

Don't forget to hang shit on those stupid Buckley lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back