Toast Eat One Buckley Haters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sat on it overnight

that's one of the most putrid coaching performances ive ever seen. absolutely thrashed on and off the field by a bunch of kids who wanted it more

it makes me physically ill that we didn't even interview the likes of Hinkley

putrid
Forgot about the 2011 granny when Reid was left on the rampant Hawkins? That was worse.

I can't gauge bux, but as said above he does over rate our players and I think he actually doesn't know them well enough. This should change with 1 more year under his belt, but he is trying to play role player, however he doesn't know who the best role players are!

AB6umBH.png

Flog. Go support someone else. We don't need supporters like you.

In fact, you have all the traits of a Richmond supporter. Get on board when things are good, but get the knives out when things go bad.

Easy now, i like to win. I don't like to lose.
It hurts me when i see us losing due to a problem that can be fixed and should have never happened in the first place.

One where we expect improvement. If Bucks only goes backwards in three years, then we replace him before he entirely stinks up the place

Context would be nice.

If he had the same team as Mick did in 2010, sure. He doesn't.

Its crystal clear. Those banging on about 'results' need to pipe down. It quite evident we're going through a retool.

Context would be nice.

If he had the same team as Mick did in 2010, sure. He doesn't.

Its crystal clear. Those banging on about 'results' need to pipe down. It quite evident we're going through a retool.

Hang on a sec. Mick took a wooden spoon team to a GF in year 3 and year 4. That earned his the extension, and we stank up mightily in 2005 and 2006 before rebuilding. Almost pinched a flag in 07 but got one in 2010.

Bucks has had 2 years, and we've gone backwards. One more year, and if he can't improve us, then we need to bring in a new coach. If we stubbornly stick with Buckley through a decline, then we can kiss any chance of another flag for a long while.

Hang on a sec. Mick took a wooden spoon team to a GF in year 3 and year 4. That earned his the extension, and we stank up mightily in 2005 and 2006 before rebuilding. Almost pinched a flag in 07 but got one in 2010.

Bucks has had 2 years, and we've gone backwards. One more year, and if he can't improve us, then we need to bring in a new coach. If we stubbornly stick with Buckley through a decline, then we can kiss any chance of another flag for a long while.

Honestly, this is just crap.

And in 2004 & 2005, like already pointed out, we went backwards by rebuilding after those grand final appearances. If you're being consistent, you would have like to see Mick get the ass after those 2 years because we went backwards.

Its crap. What you're saying to is something a rabble of a club does. Something a Melbourne would pull off, or a Richmond in the 80s or 90s.

We've revamped the entire list, and people expect us to be winning premierships. Its mind boggling.

We've gone backwards in terms of ladder position because quite clearly, we are retooling and bring through the year brigade.

If we a dumb enough to through away a legend of the club without giving them a serious chance to build their vision then we will go backwards as a club.

By your logic, Brad Scott would have been fired by now and Clarkson would have been fired after 2009.

Thankfully, i don't think the club would be that silly to pull a stunt like this.

Mick had us in a GF in year 3 and year 4.....hance he earned the extension.

If we fail to improve in 2014, then Buckley has to go.
Massive difference here in that Mick started from scratch with a side on its knees. Bucks inherited a premiership squad. Bucks is a hard man. His personality type is not for everyone. We've all worked for guys we've hated, my big worry is that Bucks is not the type that endears himself to his players. He knows the game, sure, but I'm not sold on his people skills.

Honestly, this is just crap.

And in 2004 & 2005, like already pointed out, we went backwards by rebuilding after those grand final appearances. If you're being consistent, you would have like to see Mick get the ass after those 2 years because we went backwards.

Its crap. What you're saying to is something a rabble of a club does. Something a Melbourne would pull off, or a Richmond in the 80s or 90s.

We've revamped the entire list, and people expect us to be winning premierships. Its mind boggling.

We've gone backwards in terms of ladder position because quite clearly, we are retooling and bring through the year brigade.

If we a dumb enough to through away a legend of the club without giving them a serious chance to build their vision then we will go backwards as a club.

By your logic, Brad Scott would have been fired by now and Clarkson would have been fired after 2009.

Thankfully, i don't think the club would be that silly to pull a stunt like this.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect-demand some improvement after 3 years, this isn't just any list remember, he has 3 of the top 5 mids in the comp at his disposal (as well as quality back ups), he has a beast of a KF, he has one of the best swing key position players in the comp (Reid), he has (on paper) a bloody good back 6, our list is to good to be playing like it is.

If he can't get the penny to drop after 3 years you move on, simple as that.

What?

Brad Scott had two down years and improved this year.

Clarkson had two bad years and improved in 2011.

Buckley has had two down years, so he needs to improve in 2014.

Give me a break. Since when has making a prelim against the eventual premier a bad year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?

Brad Scott had one down years and improved this year.

Buckley has had two down years, so he needs to improve in 2014. Why do we accept three years of decline for Buckley.

Difference is, Clarkson had a premiership under his belt, he's a proven coach, and the Roos list isn't exactly star studded, so i wouldn't make comparisons there.

Edit, thoguht you meant the Roos Scott, they all look a like to me.

Ask Clarkson if losing a PF is good.

I didn't say it was good. It certainly cannot be described as a bad year. For the record I think that Bucks does need to improve. The difference between our points of view is that I am prepared to support him to do this.

What?

Brad Scott had one down years and improved this year.

Buckley has had two down years, so he needs to improve in 2014. Why do we accept three years of decline for Buckley.
making two finals series in a row is hardly a decline, finishing in the bottom half of the ladder is..

It hurts me when i see us losing due to a problem that can be fixed and should have never happened in the first place.

Perhaps you should change teams?

And there is one main target.his team isn't playing next week and he is out of contract the same time Buckley is.
Were you not watching last night? As if anyone at Collingwood would hit a target.

Some perspective for all of you:
- The legendary Jock McHale took over as coach in 1912, after we won the flag in 1910. We went from making a Grand Final in 1911, to missing the finals in 1912 after Jock took over.
- In 1913, we made the finals and lost our only finals match.
- 1914, we missed the finals again.
- 1915, we finish top of the ladder, but don't even play in the Grand Final.
- There's not much point bringing up the 1916 season because only 4 teams competed due to World War I, but we lost our finals match.
- It wasn't until 1917 that we won our first of many flags under Jock.

I know this was a long time ago, and a lot has changed since then etc etc blah blah blah, but there are some similarities there. 6 seasons it took us to win a flag under Jock. You lot have given Bucks two. If you lot were around in the 1910's would you be calling for Jock's head, costing us 8 flags?

So unless you can predict the future, know your role and shut your mouth.

Happy with yourself?

I don't care what anyone says. Buckley has got one more year of his contract. If the team doesn't make any headway next year, it's going to be hard for the board to reappoint him. So far, the team has played well in about 1/2 of 2012 and 1/3 of 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back