Ebert Morten Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure if anybody has detected at least a small hint of irony between your anti-Morton stance and your user name......*cough*BuddyFranklin*cough* :p;)

No. Bling was rated higher than Buddy. Everyone had the top 4 in stone in 2004.

Different Beast.

This next 6 after Kruezer are all tussling.

Not really they have sam fisher playing full back who has been outstanding this year, if anything they might go for a ruckman like Mcevoy as their ruck stocks are crap.
:thumbsu:

Sam Fisher has barely been playing Full Back. CHB usually.

Max Hudghton is now Gawn so they really need another one.

Cotchin, Rance and Grimes would be too good.

And would we pick Grimes over Bellchambers considering we'll miss out on Kreuzer?

I reckon the best combination (which is unlikely!) would be Cotchin, Rance, McEvoy. If we get these three players it could possible go a long way to helping us all over the ground for the next decade. I'd imagine we'd have to try and upgrade a pick or two to get these 3 players though.

Cotchin, Rance and Grimes would be too good.

And would we pick Grimes over Bellchambers considering we'll miss out on Kreuzer?

I reckon the best combination (which is unlikely!) would be Cotchin, Rance, McEvoy. If we get these three players it could possible go a long way to helping us all over the ground for the next decade. I'd imagine we'd have to try and upgrade a pick or two to get these 3 players though.

You are getting 3 picks in the top 10?? :eek::p

Palmer is more likely to be the dud.

Masten was the one handing it to him every game in the champs.

Palmer will drop to about pick 10.

Between Cotchin and Masten for me.

I'm thinking of what we need and we need a Masten more than a Cotchin.
what a stupid post if you stop and have a think about it palmer is the safe bet ill let you work it out.

Palmer is more likely to be the dud.

Masten was the one handing it to him every game in the champs.

Palmer will drop to about pick 10.

Between Cotchin and Masten for me.

I'm thinking of what we need and we need a Masten more than a Cotchin.

EXCELLENT POST, my thoughts exactly.

Palmer and his mrs are pretty close i hear :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that was meant to be a real crap joke I pity you.
no joke just stating a fact. where did i name call.all ive done is call to count your assertion that palmer is more likely to turn out to be a dud than others. this assertion is wrong for several reasons.theres nothing aimed at you but your post. a little critiqe and you are on your high horse calling people stupid and telling them to piss of.
a piece of advice if you post an opinion there are some people who arent going to agree with it theres no need to get your frilly knickers in a knot.

for what its worth.out of masten and cotchin i would take masten hes the safer bet go work it out.

for what its worth.out of masten and cotchin i would take masten hes the safer bet go work it out.

What do I have to work out??? :confused: You are the one making the statement, YOU are meant to convince me, I'm not going to go out of my to discredit you.

That said I agree but I still dont get why I should "work it out" from your own statements when you've already made it clear what you think.

Btw I probably used the wrong word in saying Palmer will be a dud. Palmer will be a servicable player but if he was picked up at 2 he would be being severly overrated IMO.

i would say from an outsiders point of view 'masten' is your best get... the way he fed palmer is the exact way he will feed deledio. Therefore deledio will become that damaging goal kicking midfilder that everyone knows he is. i thought that foley was going to be this but his improvement in his speed has meant that even a guy like 'masten' will feed him as well. Cotchin has alot of lids about him and i no that use would now be saying geeee i would love 2 lids'....but its having a wider and different array of mids all complimenting each other that makes you successful. e.g bartel, abblett, corey and ling all possess different qualities which link in to each other so well, therefore making them damaging, as apposed to themm all being bartel types.

I believe Cotchin was BOG in the Herald Sun shield final in a curtain raiser to the AFL. Did anyone see him play that game?
Chris Kangars was BOG because I saw the last five minutes of the curtain raiser to the Filth v Carlton game.

From memory, Cotchin kicked four goals in that game.

Weaver's mid season ratings on the drafts and trading board has Cotchin rated 2, Henderson at 3, Masten at 4, Rance at 5, Gaertner at 6, Morton at 7, Gourdis at 8, S.Selwood at 9 & Palmer at 10.

I'd just point out that that took no account of club needs and who held the picks.

I think we should take Masten at 2. He is the most likely to end up like Kerr. He and Foley would be a 10-year centre square combo that would go along way to building a winning midfield.

Cotchin is better than Pettifer but a similar player. Not as good as Nathan Brown.

For mine the question is - if you had a choice between Kerr and Nathan Brown who would you take?

Both can be match winners - but put Kerr in the midfield and LeCras up forward and you can win. Put Boyd in the middle and Brad Johnson up forward and you lose.

With Brown and Pettifer on the HFF for another 3 years I really don't think we can afford to spend so heavily on another small, slowish, low-stamina, genius.

I'd just point out that that took no account of club needs and who held the picks.

I think we should take Masten at 2. He is the most likely to end up like Kerr. He and Foley would be a 10-year centre square combo that would go along way to building a winning midfield.

Cotchin is better than Pettifer but a similar player. Not as good as Nathan Brown.

For mine the question is - if you had a choice between Kerr and Nathan Brown who would you take?

Both can be match winners - but put Kerr in the midfield and LeCras up forward and you can win. Put Boyd in the middle and Brad Johnson up forward and you lose.

With Brown and Pettifer on the HFF for another 3 years I really don't think we can afford to spend so heavily on another small, slowish, low-stamina, genius.
Understand what you mean just passing on the ratings you had at that stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ebert Morten Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back