EDFL "A" Grade - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see how good my source is ?
did footy ops or the committee know the president had resigned the coach half way through last year when footy ops wanted the position opened at the end of the year to see who was out there ???

When did GV become an AFL team. What the hell is 'Footy Ops'??? How many people do you think are running the club?? Your creating more questions than you're answering... Aside from that, how does this have anything to do with your alleged incident from a week ago??

Your are fishing....... without a rod or reel.....

The standard of football in A grade EDFL would have to be among the best in the State.

The competition is so even this year six teams could be fighting it out for the four finals spots. Oak Park are looking good and have not missed a beat. Grenvale, Strathmore, Keilor and Marby are all strong Craigeburn have come good and are looking dangerous Big Lance and Brroks both dominating.

Will be interesting and very even year i think.

Avondale are struggling a bit thought they would have been around the mark at the start of the year.

EDFL "A" Grade - 2010 - Umpires

Now before i start, i am not complaining about us losing on the weekend because we had the youngest side out on the ground we have put together in my 4 years.

Can everyone tell me what they think of the Umpiring Standards this season.

Scott Lucas, as we all expected is a protected species, but all we are looking for is some consistancy across the board.

I think other than 1 game we have played in this year i have scratched my head with Confusion and Disbelief at some of the decisions and some of the antics some of the lovely blokes in Orange/White/ Pink or what ever color they wear have dished out.

We beat WC 2 weeks ago and lost the free kick count 27 to 13??

No i am not sooking just CONFUSED...:confused:

F*%^en geebus

All these Marby blokes are 10 ft tall on a keyboard. Very chirpy on here about all clubs. No mirrors down there?

Take a good look in your own back yard mate!!
When you go to Greenvale they all think they are it.

Plenty of mirrors there Jett!

Re: EDFL "A" Grade - 2010 - Umpires

Now before i start, i am not complaining about us losing on the weekend because we had the youngest side out on the ground we have put together in my 4 years.

Scott Lucas, as we all expected is a protected species, but all we are looking for is some consistancy across the board.

I think other than 1 game we have played in this year i have scratched my head with Confusion and Disbelief at some of the decisions and some of the antics some of the lovely blokes in Orange/White/ Pink or what ever color they wear have dished out.

I fully understand where you are coming from. Comment re Lucas can also apply to Harvey from Strathmore, and others within comp. What can you do???

I think anyone who witnessed the last quarter of the Aberfeldie v Craigieburn game would agree that some umpiring mistakes are deciding games this year. Given how close we are to relegation it really could end in the worst possible result for the club.

The big problem is the age of umpires. In that particular game most of the incorrect decisions were made by a kid of no more than 21 who was being screamed at by fans of both sides in a tense last quarter and it was just to much pressure for the kid. Given that the standard and speed of the EDFL has gone through the roof in recent seasons, and the huge amount of money in the league these days, could something not be done to entice umpires across from other leagues to ensure young blokes are able to do sufficent time in the under 18s, reserves and B grade in order to ensure they are ready? Its high stakes stuff in the EDFL these days and such mistakes can costs clubs a lot of money and years of hard work.

Well said Bricksta , i to was at greenvale on the weekend on one of my fishing trips . what i cannot understand is how a defender is in front of Lucas and can give away free kicks for in the back ?
Tell me bricksta does Doutta's have a footy ops ?

When did GV become an AFL team. What the hell is 'Footy Ops'??? How many people do you think are running the club?? Your creating more questions than you're answering... Aside from that, how does this have anything to do with your alleged incident from a week ago??

Your are fishing....... without a rod or reel.....

I would think that most teams would have a footy opps team and there role is to make recommendations about personnel and all things football to the committee , as to what it has to do with the push and shove from the previous week , is it all came from the same source

I would think that most teams would have a footy opps team and there role is to make recommendations about personnel and all things football to the committee , as to what it has to do with the push and shove from the previous week , is it all came from the same source

So you're referring to the football department which would be made up of the coaches (including the head coach) and maybe a chairman of selectors/football manager type position... So McPherson recommended that he not be resigned whilst also resigning behind his own back??? :confused:
Got me confused....

So you're referring to the football department which would be made up of the coaches (including the head coach) and maybe a chairman of selectors/football manager type position... So McPherson recommended that he not be resigned whilst also resigning behind his own back??? :confused:
Got me confused....

A coach does not appoint himself or sack himself so the structure should be he reports to the head of footy opps , who in turn reports to the committee, who in turn decides if he gets another extension or not

I think anyone who witnessed the last quarter of the Aberfeldie v Craigieburn game would agree that some umpiring mistakes are deciding games this year. Given how close we are to relegation it really could end in the worst possible result for the club.

The big problem is the age of umpires. In that particular game most of the incorrect decisions were made by a kid of no more than 21 who was being screamed at by fans of both sides in a tense last quarter and it was just to much pressure for the kid. Given that the standard and speed of the EDFL has gone through the roof in recent seasons, and the huge amount of money in the league these days, could something not be done to entice umpires across from other leagues to ensure young blokes are able to do sufficent time in the under 18s, reserves and B grade in order to ensure they are ready? Its high stakes stuff in the EDFL these days and such mistakes can costs clubs a lot of money and years of hard work.

You can take the umpires from the WRFL, swap ya :thumbsu:;)

A coach does not appoint himself or sack himself so the structure should be he reports to the head of footy opps , who in turn reports to the committee, who in turn decides if he gets another extension or not

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the topic... I believe they have a set-up similar to that but don't know for sure. What your suggesting is that there is a lot of back dooring going on which I won't accept without hard evidence... I assume you won't name your source so the matter is dead I guess...:cool:

the broadcast game was keilor v strathmore at the weekend - mud pit in the middle and strathmore really needed to hit the front for that extra burst in the last quarter. never got the lead, keilor ran it out. harvey for the mores was excellent in the first 10 mins of every term - backline managed to fight back into the contest after each burst.

thought ramsay was exceptional in and under and van riet was excellent using the ball. no surprise rae was named strathmore's best he found a heap of it. garth played well as the lead-up target for keilor but as mcguane said post game - the contribution of their younger players in the third and final quarter was key in running out the game.

broadcast game this week is doutta stars v avondale heights...big match for AV, lose this and the games against west coburg/aberfeldie back to back after greenvale is basically their season. although not knowing my history, what is the worst scenario a team has come back from to avoid the drop? (ie wins behind 2nd last place)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got a great idea that i mentioned to the Last Football Manager of the EDFL, but why dont they pair up 2 umpires for the whole year, so they learn how they work together and can get a better understanding of the flow of the games.
it must be hard on them when they umpire with Different blokes each week as they all see it a little different!
But hey thats my rant for the week....
AGAIN THIS IS NOT UMPIRE BASHING

Well said Bricksta , i to was at greenvale on the weekend on one of my fishing trips . what i cannot understand is how a defender is in front of Lucas and can give away free kicks for in the back ?

Apparently they do for now...!

the broadcast game was keilor v strathmore at the weekend - mud pit in the middle and strathmore really needed to hit the front for that extra burst in the last quarter. never got the lead, keilor ran it out. harvey for the mores was excellent in the first 10 mins of every term - backline managed to fight back into the contest after each burst.

thought ramsay was exceptional in and under and van riet was excellent using the ball. no surprise rae was named strathmore's best he found a heap of it. garth played well as the lead-up target for keilor but as mcguane said post game - the contribution of their younger players in the third and final quarter was key in running out the game.

broadcast game this week is doutta stars v avondale heights...big match for AV, lose this and the games against west coburg/aberfeldie back to back after greenvale is basically their season. although not knowing my history, what is the worst scenario a team has come back from to avoid the drop? (ie wins behind 2nd last place)

interesting Summation!!

Take a good look in your own back yard mate!!
When you go to Greenvale they all think they are it.

Plenty of mirrors there Jett!

Greenvale people aren't the ones coming onto the internet sneering at other clubs mate.
Seriously though unless people are going to reveal their sources there's no point discussing it because as we've seen it just turns into a pissing contest. But back onto relevant topics..
I do agree with Briksta the two shove outs by Lucas that were paid marks were atrocious. He has hardly been a protected species though with it being a routine, in weeks prior, that at most contests two blokes would be grappling with him as opposed to playing the ball.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the topic... I believe they have a set-up similar to that but don't know for sure. What your suggesting is that there is a lot of back dooring going on which I won't accept without hard evidence... I assume you won't name your source so the matter is dead I guess...:cool:
To name my source would only get him in trouble so no I will not do that
but I was there watching Greenvale V Doutta Stars on the weekend and had another chat

A real keen eye you have there. FYI the free kick was paid for a hold. He had his arm around his back prevent Lucas from jumping in the contest.

Maybe you should stick to fishing

A real keen eye you have there. FYI the free kick was paid for a hold. He had his arm around his back prevent Lucas from jumping in the contest.

Maybe you should stick to fishing
If that explains one what about the other ??

Yes, as much as I hate saying anything about umpires, the standard really was terrible in 1 game especially. Without naming specifics examples because then you seem like a bad loser, the games in which both teams seem most frustrated are the ones where there is far too many free kicks paid. I think when it comes to umpiring, especially at local level, there needs to be far less half-free kicks paid because that creates far less abuse and frustration from sidelines. A free-kick which is given that isn't there annoys the hell out of people a lot more than one that could have been there that wasn't given...as long as there is consistency. Although the umpiring was not perfect, the Abers v Keilor game seemed to be umpired well because there were less free-kicks given, while another game which does not need to be mentioned was farcical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back