EDFL "A" Grade - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw what I thought was clearly the best managed local level Grand Final there is today.. A great day, the senior game, while scrappy for the first 3 quarters, the skill level was disappointing, some might say from the pressure, but too many targets were missed from free kicks or marks.
Marby looked to be on top in the early going but missed many simple shots on goal. Holland was superb in the opening term, as was Ayres. For Greenvale, Bicer started off well along with Aloi in the middle. The big guy Stewart for Marby was also very dangerous, but I thought he was going to explode at anyone that looked at him the wrong way. Marby took a narrow lead into the quarter time break. Early doors Marby looked once again like they would kick away. Angepoulous finally put through a goal to give Marby a break before they missed 3 or 4 shots on goal that again they should have nailed. Greenvale were able to fight back again before the break and have the game in the balance at half time.
The third quarter followed the same trend. Marby looked like they would kick away before the Jets came flying back. A nice snap goal to Lucas bought them right back into the contest just before the last break. Marby broke away again and looked to have the game iced. A beautiful goal out of midair from Holland gave them a 3 goal break before number 21 from the Jets put on a last quarter special, taking a couple of big grabs and kicking a goal, added to goals to Bicer and Lucas and there was less than a kick in it, despite what someone said earlier, Buttigieg was excellent in the last 10 minutes, his defensive work was much the reason that Marby held the lead. The Jets biggest chance when the ball came through the midfield without pressure to a one on one deep inside forward 50, that contest between 21 and Towner was the story of the final term, just an outstanding contest with complete desperation of both players. With less than a minute to go, a tumbling kick from the middle of the ground bounced through to give Marby an 11 point lead and a quick clearance and mark to Livingston shut the door on the Jets in what was a frenetic and fantastic final quarter of football.

Livingston was the more influential of the two key forwards. Lucas was hasseled all day long and while some of the tactics could be considered questionable, they were effective to the result.

As a supporter from an outside league, it was a pleasure to watch two footballers go about their business today in Denis Bicer and Heath Ayres.

Marby certainly had the names, and while Bullen was quiet, Haynes and Holland were great and certainly had a say in the result. But Greenvale had their triers. I thought that Aloi was excellent, as was Jorgenson.

The EDFL should be congratulated on such a wonderful event that they put on for all supporters today.... :thumbsu:

My best

3 - Heath Ayres (MP)
2 - Anthony Aloi (GV)
1 - Ben Haynes (MP)

Final score?

Best players?

Marby were great, deserved the win. Greenvale looked underdone and played like a team that didn't want to lose as opposed to a team that wanted to win - very harsh assessment on a great team but at the end of the day they lost another one.

The wind obvsiouly had an affect on the spectacle and Lucas was clearly not fit but I thought that if Greenvale were to have any chance they needed to use their run more and take risks. They only started doing that late on and by then Holland, Ayres, Livingstone and Bullen made sure any fightback was killed off. The stop start play really played into Marby's hands who knew they would win an arm wrestle. Well deserved win to Marby but can't say I'm surprised.

Marby best - Stewart, Holland, Haynes, Ayres, Crawford, Towner

Greenvale best - Jorgenson, Randello, Rowan

lets be honest here the first three quarters were riddled with skill errors and i think both teams would have been disappointed with what they served up, the last quarter was fantastic and really went to another level with greenvale finally throwing caution to the wind, they probably looked better when running towards goal with the flight of the ball rather then the lead up play the had tried for the first three quarters, thought thompson was fantastic in the last and as much as it pains me to say it, holland had a really good game up forward and through the midfield and i thought he deserved the medal for bog, dont agree with Barlings tactics but it is local footy and a man with scotty's pedigree was always going to be targeted and he didnt look to handle it to well, anyone who knows jacko would know he doesnt really like the biffo and if he didnt weigh four hundred and twenty kilo's then he would play like bambi so maybe lucas should have given some back.

Have heard some rumors already about the future of marby and some of their guns so will be interesting to see what transpires over the next couple of months, same can be said for greenvale, super has been good but surely it is time for change, it is not only his fault by any stretch but they dont pay the money they do to finish second every year and a few of the older boys might need a new perspective on things, i reckon a bit of change would do them some good and freshen them up as they are still a great unit and will be always hard to beat, watch for the oak's next year from what i have seen we have more improvement left in the squad then most and will be better again next year:thumbsu:

Saw what I thought was clearly the best managed local level Grand Final there is today.. A great day, the senior game, while scrappy for the first 3 quarters, the skill level was disappointing, some might say from the pressure, but too many targets were missed from free kicks or marks.
Marby looked to be on top in the early going but missed many simple shots on goal. Holland was superb in the opening term, as was Ayres. For Greenvale, Bicer started off well along with Aloi in the middle. The big guy Stewart for Marby was also very dangerous, but I thought he was going to explode at anyone that looked at him the wrong way. Marby took a narrow lead into the quarter time break. Early doors Marby looked once again like they would kick away. Angepoulous finally put through a goal to give Marby a break before they missed 3 or 4 shots on goal that again they should have nailed. Greenvale were able to fight back again before the break and have the game in the balance at half time.
The third quarter followed the same trend. Marby looked like they would kick away before the Jets came flying back. A nice snap goal to Lucas bought them right back into the contest just before the last break. Marby broke away again and looked to have the game iced. A beautiful goal out of midair from Holland gave them a 3 goal break before number 21 from the Jets put on a last quarter special, taking a couple of big grabs and kicking a goal, added to goals to Bicer and Lucas and there was less than a kick in it, despite what someone said earlier, Buttigieg was excellent in the last 10 minutes, his defensive work was much the reason that Marby held the lead. The Jets biggest chance when the ball came through the midfield without pressure to a one on one deep inside forward 50, that contest between 21 and Towner was the story of the final term, just an outstanding contest with complete desperation of both players. With less than a minute to go, a tumbling kick from the middle of the ground bounced through to give Marby an 11 point lead and a quick clearance and mark to Livingston shut the door on the Jets in what was a frenetic and fantastic final quarter of football.

Livingston was the more influential of the two key forwards. Lucas was hasseled all day long and while some of the tactics could be considered questionable, they were effective to the result.

As a supporter from an outside league, it was a pleasure to watch two footballers go about their business today in Denis Bicer and Heath Ayres.

Marby certainly had the names, and while Bullen was quiet, Haynes and Holland were great and certainly had a say in the result. But Greenvale had their triers. I thought that Aloi was excellent, as was Jorgenson.

The EDFL should be congratulated on such a wonderful event that they put on for all supporters today.... :thumbsu:

My best

3 - Heath Ayres (MP)
2 - Anthony Aloi (GV)
1 - Ben Haynes (MP)

Great work ltsmyshow. Spot on.

I'm Newsflash.........my news is good news, Good Night.

Haven't watched an EDFL final in some time but here are my observations:

- The umpiring was brilliant. Hardly a free kick paid all day and perhaps the trigger happy AFL could look at how a game is supposed to be governed.

- Paxman surprisingly cost Greenvale a few goals in the first half with poor disposal and the MP forwards making sure they moved around on him.

- MP's 2 key Defenders really stood up.

- No. 21 for Greenvale is a terrific local footballer. Well balanced and doesn't panic.

- Brodie Holland was BOG in my opinion for his brilliant last qtr. No.18 was a match winner as well. How many clearances did he have in the last qtr?

- Greenvale had a couple of battlers. One guy who wears a high number fumbled it in open space all day.

- The quality of player at EDFL level is frightenly good compared to 5,10,20 years ago. Then again the size of the cheque books are frightening.

- No.8 for MP the CHF is a talented player but needs to stop being a clown.. No good spraying your opponent after a mark and missing from 20m out.

- I thought the skills considering the tricky breeze were OK.

Some stats from the game today that shows how even it was.
IN 50's Greenvale 56. Marby 55
Tackles- Gv-65 Marby 61
Clearances Gv 37 Marby 41
Centre breaks Gv 15 Marby 7
Free kicks Gv 24 F 25 A
Marks inside 50 Gv 5 MP 13
And the important one Marby kicked 7 goals in general play from outside 40 mtrs in general play.
These were broadcast on 98.9 nth west fm coverage

that outside 40 meter stat is a beauty, was thing that stood out when they rolled us in the semi anything from 40 and beyond they just seemed to be able to convert and they have some great kicks of the footy in the forward half

What a great game today by both sides. Great hard fort win for Marby to go back 2 back. No doubt the celebrations will continue well into the week after coming from 4th to the flag.
Ben Haynes ball use was first class and with 40 touches deserved to be BOG along with Holland's gut running in the last quarter to get his lads over the line. Special mention to Jack Solomon to kick a massive goal late in the last to help seal the deal.

To Newsflash, your posts are nothing short of embarrassing with the nonsense you continue to get on here and write, and to your question where will Marby be in 3 years...... Like we said 3 years ago, playing in finals and winning flags:D

What a great game today by both sides. Great hard fort win for Marby to go back 2 back. No doubt the celebrations will continue well into the week after coming from 4th to the flag.
Ben Haynes ball use was first class and with 40 touches deserved to be BOG along with Holland's gut running in the last quarter to get his lads over the line. Special mention to Jack Solomon to kick a massive goal late in the last to help seal the deal.

To Newsflash, your posts are nothing short of embarrassing with the nonsense you continue to get on here and write, and to your question where will Marby be in 3 years...... Like we said 3 years ago, playing in finals and winning flags:D

Take them while you can l say.
Question: In ten years time, will marby have to pay the players to attend the reunion?
At least with the GV supporters they were humble when they won there flags and there hang ons didn't come out of wood works come finals time.
Great work from marby, lets just hope they can stay consistent over the next coming years.

I'm Newsflash......my news is good news, Good Night.

Take them while you can l say.
Question: In ten years time, will marby have to pay the players to attend the reunion?
At least with the GV supporters they were humble when they won there flags and there hang ons didn't come out of wood works come finals time.
Great work from marby, lets just hope they can stay consistent over the next coming years.

Oh gee, now you are grasping at straws....
The questions is, "Where are you going to be in the next 24hrs", the way your going you will be found hanging from your bedroom door with your best belt tight around your neck:eek: I think you are a little suicidal that your team did not get a chance to participate in today's big dance:D

Oh gee, now you are grasping at straws....
The questions is, "Where are you going to be in the next 24hrs", the way your going you will be found hanging from your bedroom door with your best belt tight around your neck:eek: I think you are a little suicidal that your team did not get a chance to participate in today's big dance:D

Well:

22.30 - I will brush my teeth.
22.35 - I will read myself a book (Green eggs and ham)
22.37 - I will then nod off.
03.00 - I will wake up from a bad dream......local footy players overdose on drugs at flag celebrations.

03.10 - I will head back to sleep.
06.00 - Get up and go to work.
15.00 - Finsh work.
15.10 - Fill car with petrol.
15.30 - Get home from work and have a look on big footy and read your dribble.
15.33 - Laugh hard at you reply......giggle again!

I hope this helps you out.

News flash...
Are you related to Aussie football fan..?!

Great effort by Greenvale making another grandfinal
Some very talented footballers there who are ripping blokes as well...

Amazing effort by Marby
Winning a grand final is a tough task going back to back playing in three finals is fantastic...!

Great hard fought battle
We gave the best local comp
We don't have the best local umpires
But they are a damn site better than other comps...
Just wish they'd report more often..!
Oh well

Be another interesting preseason full of rash predictions and made up rubbish...

Maybe macpherson to marby park...?!

Only kidding...!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News flash...
Are you related to Aussie football fan..?!

Great effort by Greenvale making another grandfinal
Some very talented footballers there who are ripping blokes as well...

Amazing effort by Marby
Winning a grand final is a tough task going back to back playing in three finals is fantastic...!

Great hard fought battle
We gave the best local comp
We don't have the best local umpires
But they are a damn site better than other comps...
Just wish they'd report more often..!
Oh well

Be another interesting preseason full of rash predictions and made up rubbish...

Maybe macpherson to marby park...?!

Only kidding...!!

No sorry lm not plane.
Just putting my two bob in, some people don't like hearing the truth.

I'm Newsflash.......my news is good news, Good Night.

Im with you Footy Rules, How good is Haynes? His kick outs from full back were deadly, and the big Liverarchie was very important up forward with he's contesting and smashing packs all day, it was a pleasure to watch:thumbsu:

Barling was shocking with his antics today. What a joke, showed no respect to Lucas which just shows what type of footballer he is! Time for Barling to get out of the gym and work on your kicking/skills.

I'm Newsflash........my news is good news, Good Night.

How were his antics shocking? Because he niggled all day? Why should he show any respect to Lucas when there is a GF to be won. I think you should be looking at the way Lucas handled it, not the way Barling went about it.

FWIW, i thought Barling was very effective and his role on Lucas went along way to Marby winning the flag.

As for you newsflash, why dont you go down the highway to Nth Westmeadows and the mighty Jets, and asked them why they choked yet again. :eek::eek:

How were his antics shocking? Because he niggled all day? Why should he show any respect to Lucas when there is a GF to be won. I think you should be looking at the way Lucas handled it, not the way Barling went about it.

FWIW, i thought Barling was very effective and his role on Lucas went along way to Marby winning the flag.

As for you newsflash, why dont you go down the highway to Nth Westmeadows and the mighty Jets, and asked them why they choked yet again. :eek::eek:

You have a point there Backchat, Barling had no chance of beating Lucas with skill. Reverted to using other tactics......good on him. Credit to him.
Jets might had choked again, but they will be around in ten years unlike some clubs! Enjoy it while you can.

I'm Newsflash.......my news is good news, Good Afternoon.

You have a point there Backchat, Barling had no chance of beating Lucas with skill. Reverted to using other tactics......good on him. Credit to him.
Jets might had choked again, but they will be around in ten years unlike some clubs! Enjoy it while you can.

I'm Newsflash.......my news is good news, Good Afternoon.

Get out of Lucas' arse for a min. If Lucas had any heart, he would've given some back to Barling, but neither he nor his team mates went anywhere near Barling because they were too shit scared.

Just like last year, oh and the year before that against Keilor.

I will give you this newsflash, whisper yesterday that Ash Manning was very keen to have a chat to Jon Kent, about a possible move to Tullamarine. I know he coached at Glenroy, and is very keen to coach him again.

Who will be coaching the Jets next year?

So what you're saying is that Greenvale is the better side out of the two?:confused:

Get out of Lucas' arse for a min. If Lucas had any heart, he would've given some back to Barling, but neither he nor his team mates went anywhere near Barling because they were too shit scared.

I will give you this newsflash, whisper yesterday that Ash Manning was very keen to have a chat to Jon Kent, about a possible move to Tullamarine. I know he coached at Glenroy, and is very keen to coach him again.

Laughable, they were too busy attempting to win the game instead of dealing with someone whose sole purpose was to belt a bloke in the back. If you want to discuss shit scared and Jackson Barling in a sentence how about his reaction to getting his first posession...reminded me of Mark Blake.:thumbsu:

Congratulations Maribyrnong Park, you played with more urgency and came away with the flag. Hopefully the Jets can do one better next season.

So what you're saying is that Greenvale is the better side out of the two?:confused:

Laughable, they were too busy attempting to win the game instead of dealing with someone whose sole purpose was to belt a bloke in the back. If you want to discuss shit scared and Jackson Barling in a sentence how about his reaction to getting his first posession...reminded me of Mark Blake.:thumbsu:

Congratulations Maribyrnong Park, you played with more urgency and came away with the flag. Hopefully the Jets can do one better next season.

While we're on the subject of scared footballer's, has there ever been a more scared bloke to walk onto a footy field than Simon Potter?? The bloke was the softest footballer in Geelong and its good to see he's carried his form to the EDFL.. Cant believe he's had Greenvale bluffed for so long.

Laughable....Barling's claim to fame on washed up ex AFL flag/over 200 game champion, "I played on S.Lucas in the 2010 EDFL grand final one day, l didn't get a kick but l poked and elbowed him in the back all day".:eek:

Couldn't beat Lucas with skill or footy smarts, only with cheap tactics and antics. Credit to Barling, he has his medal and one day he can sit down and tell this grand children, "l played on the famous Scott Lucas and tried to bash him, l ended up in the gutter like a homeless man at one stage but we won". I doubt he will then go on tell them he cant kick and lacked the footy smarts of the game......:eek:

Laughable....Barling's claim to fame on washed up ex AFL flag/over 200 game champion, "I played on S.Lucas in the 2010 EDFL grand final one day, l didn't get a kick but l poked and elbowed him in the back all day".:eek:

Couldn't beat Lucas with skill or footy smarts, only with cheap tactics and antics. Credit to Barling, he has his medal and one day he can sit down and tell this grand children, "l played on the famous Scott Lucas and tried to bash him, l ended up in the gutter like a homeless man at one stage but we won". I doubt he will then go on tell them he cant kick and lacked the footy smarts of the game......:eek:

Your kidding right, do you think Silvagni didnt use the same sort of tactics when playing on Dunstall, Lockett, Ablett etc etc. None of it was against the rules of the game , HE IS A DEFENDER and Barlings job was to stop the most dominant forward in the comp and the potential match winner and I am certain Jacko will walk away very proud that he got the job done.

I was very surprised to see that Greenvale didnt at least try and give some of it back, maybe the Pekes boys would have been handy playing in the 1s.

Was also very surprised to see the quality of Greenvale's reserves, some very good players playing there, I would imagine those fringe players that didnt make the starting line up would be key targets for other clubs next year.

Your kidding right, do you think Silvagni didnt use the same sort of tactics when playing on Dunstall, Lockett, Ablett etc etc. None of it was against the rules of the game , HE IS A DEFENDER and Barlings job was to stop the most dominant forward in the comp and the potential match winner and I am certain Jacko will walk away very proud that he got the job done.

I was very surprised to see that Greenvale didnt at least try and give some of it back, maybe the Pekes boys would have been handy playing in the 1s.

Was also very surprised to see the quality of Greenvale's reserves, some very good players playing there, I would imagine those fringe players that didnt make the starting line up would be key targets for other clubs next year.

It's local football, don't compare AFL footy to the EDFL and what players do at AFL level. He made a dill of himself (Barling), showed he was all about the man and not the footy.

I agree with the quality of players in GV's two's, some fair players there that would be walk up starts in some of the A grade clubs. Would be interesting to know how many of them are home grown players in the GV two's?

It's local football, don't compare AFL footy to the EDFL and what players do at AFL level. He made a dill of himself (Barling), showed he was all about the man and not the footy.

I agree with the quality of players in GV's two's, some fair players there that would be walk up starts in some of the A grade clubs. Would be interesting to know how many of them are home grown players in the GV two's?

get over it and yourself you sore loser. GO MARBY 2009/10 PREMIERS, can't remember who they beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back