EDFL "A" Grade - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daley received a suspended sentence!!!!!!!!! - you have to be kidding. Irrespective of the level of contact - he head butt - he pleaded guilty - video evidence was not shown - hence he was given 3 weeks suspended sentence. What the hell goes on up there in EDFL fairy land.
This decision has set the league back 10 years. Players get rubbed out for swearing at an umpire yet a bloke can head butt the opposition player & get off.
To all you blokes that take the field every week - my hat goes off to you but now remember the umpires are no longer able to protect you as when they send a bloke up to the tribunal they pat them on the back & send them out to do it again.
Total bulllshit. & PLEASE do not suggest the Grand Final should play any part in the decisiopn making process.

This was Daleys first appearence at the tribunal in 6 years of playing in the EDFL,and im sure it was determined that the damage done to the nose was a cause of a earlier incident,and also the massive overacting that took place after to milk a free kick was clear to all.
Either way im sure his perfect record in the EDFL had to be taken into consideration.
And get off your soap box about umpires no longer being able to protect players,its people like you who tarnish this very polished and high standard league with your far fetched and blown out of proportion comments.
Go and enjoy a great game of football on sunday and leave the whinging and whining for the playground.

This was Daleys first appearence at the tribunal in 6 years of playing in the EDFL,and im sure it was determined that the damage done to the nose was a cause of a earlier incident,and also the massive overacting that took place after to milk a free kick was clear to all.
Either way im sure his perfect record in the EDFL had to be taken into consideration.
And get off your soap box about umpires no longer being able to protect players,its people like you who tarnish this very polished and high standard league with your far fetched and blown out of proportion comments.
Go and enjoy a great game of football on sunday and leave the whinging and whining for the playground.

I don't care how good his record is - a head butt is just that. He pleaded guilty - what more needed to be said?
I can tell you with no emotion that a number of EDFL Board guys are furious about the decision. So let's just wait until next year see how many of the current tribunal members are still there. If my mail is correct not many.
If you are so confident in your view on the matter - walk up to Pricey on Sunday & tell him what a good job they're doing!!!!!!!!

This earlier incident that nobody at the ground or Keilor know about except Marby supporters???? HE was headbutted hard. Went down then had to be assited off as blood p#$ed out of his nose. He didn't return. Thats some acting performance.

This earlier incident that nobody at the ground or Keilor know about except Marby supporters???? HE was headbutted hard. Went down then had to be assited off as blood p#$ed out of his nose. He didn't return. Thats some acting performance.

I think the general consensus is they should've given Gareth a Medal considering it was only a Keilor Player he belted. Now go away all you whinging Keilor Scum and let 2 REAL CLUBS fight it out for the Top prize! By the way what happened the the Magician Coach Mighty Mick the last 2 years? Out in Straight Sets , ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Go Marby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We as a poor B grade club where told at the start of the year that a persons previuos record good or bad wouldn't be taken into account so that argument is dead in the water.It was also made quite clear to us that if you were offered a set penalty and didn't take it that you would be given an extra week if found guilty by the tribunal , i would like to know was he offered a set penalty.

Gareth Daly was set up after the game like Reuben Carter (Hurricane Movie) the great boxer or Mick Gatto when Andrew "Benji" Veniamin tried to take the big fellas life, the decision making of the EDFL this week is a good example that this league is no longer going to react to pure speculation from people that should be working in a Kangaroo Court.

Gareth your great Tribunal record shows that you are nothing but a fair ball player and fantastic sportsman. Good Luck this week Champ, we on the sidelines look forward to watching you play hard and fair with a touch of class this weekend.

I think the general consensus is they should've given Gareth a Medal considering it was only a Keilor Player he belted. Now go away all you whinging Keilor Scum and let 2 REAL CLUBS fight it out for the Top prize! By the way what happened the the Magician Coach Mighty Mick the last 2 years? Out in Straight Sets , ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Typical imbecilic comment from a Marby dead beat. Regardless of Daleys previous "clean" record the EDFL decision is a disgrace (what next kicking will be condoned if you have clean record) but consistent when it comes to Marby, not long ago Holland only got 2 weeks for a King Hit on DS player, which was simply a gutless act also. The EDFL tribunal members need to go, been around much too long as has the current Executive (except GM Turri who needs to make some changes to put some credibility back into the League)

Absolute joke, he was found guilty of A headbut that drew blood from the oponent and made him leave the ground. Headbutting is suppose to be considered one of the most severe reports yet because it is grandfinal this week he is let off. So basically prelims next year can turn into a UFC battle without consequences. The tribunal has always been soft but this has taken it to a new level. I would imagine the umpires will now be reluctant to make reports because why would they bother wasting there Tuesday night sitting at the tribunal if there is no penalty.

Typical imbecilic comment from a Marby dead beat. Regardless of Daleys previous "clean" record the EDFL decision is a disgrace (what next kicking will be condoned if you have clean record) but consistent when it comes to Marby, not long ago Holland only got 2 weeks for a King Hit on DS player, which was simply a gutless act also. The EDFL tribunal members need to go, been around much too long as has the current Executive (except GM Turri who needs to make some changes to put some credibility back into the League)

Sierra, please do not mistake Craig Hutchy as a Marby Person, he is nothing more than a sideline warrior from Greenvale.
Now Sierra,the tribunal has made there decision and have seen fit to let Gareth Daly play this weekend. When you are a fair player the tribunal usually sees fit to let these players off with a warning. I can assure you they don't appreciate over the top acting from players that are trying there best to vindicate a player from missing a Grand Final.

Think you have just confirmed publicly that you have the IQ of an Amoeba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the Keilor player in any way help Garth Daley at the tribunal? Anyone seen the footage that the tribunal did or apparently did show on the night n

From a marby point of view Garth Daley not suspended is a great help in going back to back

Go Marby

Good post My North,
None of us really know what went on at the tribunal the Keilor bloke may very well have helped Daley out in regards to his evidence. My initial thoughts from the match was he deserved a couple of weeks though if the bleeding was from an earlier incident it's obviously not so bad.
Moving on though, nothing that can be said on here will change anything so i suggest if anyone is particularly aggrieved by the decision at all to take it up with the league.
Daley is obviously a key player and a proven finals performer so Marby will be more than happy to have him in the side. Either way it'll be a cracker of a contest come Sunday between two great sides.:thumbsu:

Sierra, please do not mistake Craig Hutchy as a Marby Person, he is nothing more than a sideline warrior from Greenvale.
Now Sierra,the tribunal has made there decision and have seen fit to let Gareth Daly play this weekend. When you are a fair player the tribunal usually sees fit to let these players off with a warning. I can assure you they don't appreciate over the top acting from players that are trying there best to vindicate a player from missing a Grand Final... Anyway i have just recieved a call from the Keilor TAB, can you run down and pick Mick McGuane up as his lost his car in a bet:eek:

Surely not. If it is a headbutt as people have been suggesting, then he deserves weeks regardless of a good record. If Brett Kirk headbutted someone, he would get weeks.

Also, bit too far on the gambling call mate. Think you could have got your uninformed point across without it.

Surely not. If it is a headbutt as people have been suggesting, then he deserves weeks regardless of a good record. If Brett Kirk headbutted someone, he would get weeks.

Also, bit too far on the gambling call mate. Think you could have got your uninformed point across without it.

Silly Money i have taken your silly advice and deleted my silly post.

Can anyone from Abers confirm that the club have been in deep discussion with Scott Lucas to take over the vacant coaching role at Clifton Street? No doubt Dean Rioli would be putting a good word in for his great mate.There is no doubt that Scott Lucas sees himself as a coach in the making and would love the chance to do so.
Also if Greenvale were to lose in this week's Grand Final surely the pressure is going to come from Greenvale for Steve McPherson to step aside, this could mean that Scott Lucas has the choice of 2 coaching jobs. My money at the moment is him taking the job at Aberfeldie. Look's like a great game this week between the best 2 sides in the comp.

Can anyone from Abers confirm that the club have been in deep discussion with Scott Lucas to take over the vacant coaching role at Clifton Street? No doubt Dean Rioli would be putting a good word in for his great mate.There is no doubt that Scott Lucas sees himself as a coach in the making and would love the chance to do so.
Also if Greenvale were to lose in this week's Grand Final surely the pressure is going to come from Greenvale for Steve McPherson to step aside, this could mean that Scott Lucas has the choice of 2 coaching jobs. My money at the moment is him taking the job at Aberfeldie. Look's like a great game this week between the best 2 sides in the comp.

Where did you hear this? Lucas would surely be preparing for the GF but if true it would be great.

Not sure whether they're interested in having him coach or not but a few things, as others mentioned he's playing a Grand Final this week and is on Essendons panel to select a new coach, so I'm not sure how much time he'll have to run around interviewing for positions. Not sure that many people would be putting in a good word for someone who may potentially replace them either.

Not sure whether they're interested in having him coach or not but a few things, as others mentioned he's playing a Grand Final this week and is on Essendons panel to select a new coach, so I'm not sure how much time he'll have to run around interviewing for positions. Not sure that many people would be putting in a good word for someone who may potentially replace them either.

BlueJet don't worry about if he would put a good word in, it is FACT, it already has happened. Also not everyone leaves a club on bad terms!

Fair enough then it's a matter of just wait and see then I suppose. I hadn't heard anything of Rioli being replaced is all..

Well then BlueJet i guess its a case of watch this space....
Im sure once it comes out the Dean Rioli will be stepping aside you will no doubt be offering me an apology;)
Can you confirm that Steve McPherson's coaching career is under a massive cloud if they go down to Marby this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back