EDFL "A" Grade - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidding yourself. Barling wouldn't go near the Pekes boys knowing full well they would return with fire. Barling knew Lucas would't fire back as he isn't that type of footballer or person. Doing what Barling did, wasn't tough. Forms of toughness is running back with the flight of ball, pushing your body to the limit(gut Running) not taking cheap shots and pushing your opponent off the field. Its clear Barling couldn't beat Lucas with skill, that is my point.
MP won and Barling has the medal, end of story. Next topic.

I'm Newsflash......my news is good news, Good Night.

Jacko beat him in every one on one contest, and got his fair share of the ball. All Lucas needed was a rubber ducky to top off the bath he copped.

No need to get so personal, have l got under your skin with my opinion and Barling? My parents love me dearly and l had a fantastic childhood. Back to the footy now, lets not throw mud around, thats boring.
I would start to worry about MP and the next 5years and where you boys will be!

l'm Newsflash......my news is good news, Good Evening.

Unfortunately for loosers like you Maribyrnong will be around for ever, they are growing stronger and stronger.
The question is will you be around in 5 years?

Jacko beat him in every one on one contest, and got his fair share of the ball. All Lucas needed was a rubber ducky to top off the bath he copped.

Got to take your hat off to Barling. He beat the best two big forwards in the comp. Beat Grath the in the Prelim and then Lucas in the GF. Say what you want but would have been hard for Marby to win the flag if he didn't do those jobs.

Kidding yourself. Barling wouldn't go near the Pekes boys knowing full well they would return with fire. Barling knew Lucas would't fire back as he isn't that type of footballer or person. Doing what Barling did, wasn't tough. Forms of toughness is running back with the flight of ball, pushing your body to the limit(gut Running) not taking cheap shots and pushing your opponent off the field. Its clear Barling couldn't beat Lucas with skill, that is my point.

Barling beat his man and did so within the rules.

Suck it up son!

Someone posted that greenvale need to cull 6-8 players next yr

Hard to cull 6-8 players when there is only about 10 imports in the entire list.......

Thought I heard Matt Pillios concede towards the end of the broadcast on Sunday, that MP would be losing about 6 players, next season. Did not specify which 6, or their ranking. Could be a planned cull, or signs of other issues????

got that impression also, however if it does happen next year or sometime in the next few years isnt the competition better for having marbys burst in a grade, breaking up the impact of the big three: keilor gvale strathmore it makes the standard go up and also gives all those hard workers that have been at marby for all the lean years some success we dont want the comp to end up like nfl where they are waiting for heidelberg to be replaced as top dog an open comp is much more exciting to follow

Well I agree I didn't see him break any Rules he did however in my opinion make himself look like an absolute fool. OK I dont know the Player and can only comment on what I seen, the pushing Lucas all the way to the boundary line and then even attempting push him over the fence was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever witnessed in a District game.
Totally farcical and the Umpire stood and watched, as I said didnt see him break even one rule, but it was ridiculous to watch.
Did any of this have an effect on Lucas , I dont believe so. I doubted on the Windy day that Lucas would have any real impact on the game to be honest.
It was a good move to put Lucas up the ground and having him running back into the forward line, with Barling desperatley trying to keep up, when he was blocked by one of the Greenvale player who met him with a solid bump and put him on his backside.
Sadly this move didn't work as nobody else in Greenvales forward could step up.

It's just my view on it as I seen it on the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior Coach wanted for season 2011 - Albion Football Club - Western Region League premiers 2010.

Great depth (reserves won the flag as well, 18's made the prelim) and exciting, young list with strong EDFL influence all keen to stick together. A couple of really good players that will also be available next year after injury cut short their seasons this year.

Excellent facilities with full gym/sauna and great club with passionate supporters.

Thought this would suit someone who might apply for EDFL jobs and miss out or perhaps someone that wants to start their coaching career outside the league to begin with.

I coached Albion for the last 2 years and it's only due to a lack of time that I won't be doing it again. I am happy to help with the handover, player retention, recruiting, etc if required.

Plum job for someone who wants to continue to develop a good group of players that won a flag against the odds after a long drought and are eager for more success.

Looking for a minimum of 2 years commitment and either playing or non playing would be considered.

Contact me via email paulh@marstoncook.com.au if you're interested or know someone that might be.

Paul Harrison

PS Congrats to Marby on a fantastic effort to win back to back flags and all the best to Taylors Lakes coming up to A Grade for the first time in the club's history.

Congrats Harro on your year and yes maybe won against the odds after a slow start like back in 99 eh,people forget that the season is a long one and you carnt win every game and sometimes a little time is needed for everything to gel but as expected you got the job done as you are a great coach and im sure you will be caoching somewhere again one day :)

THE DREBSTER

Gary Moorcoft in talks with Craigeburn for next season

Also heard that some of marbys finance sources may not be on board next year.

Anyone know who the front runners are for the vacant Douttas and Jets Senior Coaching positions?

Also heard that a few PEGs old boys are on their way to Marby.

Mal Michael already signed at Avondale as well.

Anyone know who the front runners are for the vacant Douttas and Jets Senior Coaching positions?

There are a few good names in the mix at Douttas - cant say much but expect an announcement as early as next week if all goes to plan. The candidates will not only bring a wealth of knowledge and experience but also a culture that is much needed at the club. Watch this space.

Any truth to the Mal Michael signing at Avondale? I have heard nothing along those lines - but then again I may not have been listening.

Aberfeldie Football Club is pleased to announce that JOHN McMILLAN has been appointed the new Senior Football Coach for Season 2011. This is for a two year period with an option of a third year.

Full details can be found on the website: www.abers.com.au

Oak Park have signed Jessie Smith for 2011. Will be very good in the Oak Park midfield. Smith was drafted to the Blues in 2004 and played a couple of AFL games before being delisted in 2006. Spent last year at Sunbury in the BalFL.

John McMillan? Is that the ex-Keilor John McMillan?

If so, would be interested to know if he's coached in the last 10 years.

The game has changed a lot tactically in the last decade.

John McMillan? Is that the ex-Keilor John McMillan?

If so, would be interested to know if he's coached in the last 10 years.

The game has changed a lot tactically in the last decade.

Same John. Spent the last few years involved in under age football including at least the last two with an assistant role at Calder Cannons.

Very astute appointment by the club I feel and if Dean and the rest of the football department can get some bigger bodies in this year I hope we move towards the outskirts of the 4 next year.

Oak Park have signed Jessie Smith for 2011. Will be very good in the Oak Park midfield. Smith was drafted to the Blues in 2004 and played a couple of AFL games before being delisted in 2006. Spent last year at Sunbury in the BalFL.

correct... hopefully another ex afl player on the way, midfield is more than competitive now so some key position players would be nice, hopefully we can find the right mix, also getting two premiership players back from o/s so the depth will be stronger then last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back