EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limbach challenging his report
Wow....
Hope he has a good advocate
Absolutely should have been reported and has done what he did in front of both a field and goal umpire
Good luck....

I bet you hope he’s out 3 forks being a tulla man, From the games I’ve seen from crazyburn this year (4) I think they have a pretty good forward line and it could be a blessing in disguise if Limbach misses (like young at APW ) it could really open up other Avenues for them and if that happens then I think they will be hard to beat in the finals ,

Last edited by a moderator:

I wonder if Bugden had a chat to his ex player Bennett about looking after Limbach @ the tribunal. Didn't see the incident but happened in the goal square, so geussing goal umpire had a good view.

Anyone who wants to coach will get a gig, there are always club unhappy and/or looking to replace their current bloke depsite the economical climate or circumstance - plenty of more credentialled guys about with genuine footy IQ who either
(1.) dont have the interest/desire
(2.) dont have the time ... or
(3.) dont have the bravery to put one's neck on the line and be exposed to the endless criticisms most cop.

What about that Cannons bloke Bretty G from last week?
Maybe someone other than EDS might spark his interest if that wasn't a genuine prospect?

Not sure why he wouldn't take it, they went out and recruited, spent $$, he then talked them up to play finals and will finish 0-16.

Who have they spent money on besides for Cloke, Young, Bennett, Dorward. Surely they are not spending all that much buddy. I think they maybe invested in the wrong types but you have to take chances I guess. I think his changed the culture on field and doing a reasonable job with the cattle he has at his disposal..But Jacana trying to keep him to build stability I guess..

Anyone heard anything about all 3 divisions being even numbered from a teams perspective next year?
10 teams in Premier
10 teams in Div 1
8 teams in Div 2
Will mean some extra fundraising for clubs in Div 1 & 2 with no bye
Keilor Park come back into Div 2
Sunbury Kangaroos join Div 2
Premier from Div 2 goes up
Last placed from Div 1 doesn’t get dropped but stays in Div 1
Winner and last placed in Div 1 and Premier get promoted and relegated as normal
Thoughts everyone??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who have they spent money on besides for Cloke, Young, Bennett, Dorward. Surely they are not spending all that much buddy. I think they maybe invested in the wrong types but you have to take chances I guess. I think his changed the culture on field and doing a reasonable job with the cattle he has at his disposal..But Jacana trying to keep him to build stability I guess..

5k/p/ game on that 4 alone turbo is enough alone isn’t ?

Wrong. Found guilty,
Reprimanded,

Tribunal is an absolute joke. I didn’t see the incident and agree Limbach is a pretty fair type of footballer but if your found guilty of striking how can you npt be suspended. Even with a good past record you can’t strike someone. The system says if you appeal the automatic 2 weeks you risk more weeks if found guilty. What a joke this league is becoming with to much inconsistency. Seroiusly the are trying to encourage more umpires into our game and then just laugh at them.

Read the tribunal weekly reports. A lot of umpire abuse. Some get off and some get reprimanded. You abuse and umpire you must get weeks. Full stop!! Even kicking someone get a small sentence. What a joke.

Tribunal is an absolute joke. I didn’t see the incident and agree Limbach is a pretty fair type of footballer but if your found guilty of striking how can you npt be suspended. Even with a good past record you can’t strike someone. The system says if you appeal the automatic 2 weeks you risk more weeks if found guilty. What a joke this league is becoming with to much inconsistency. Seroiusly the are trying to encourage more umpires into our game and then just laugh at them.

Read the tribunal weekly reports. A lot of umpire abuse. Some get off and some get reprimanded. You abuse and umpire you must get weeks. Full stop!! Even kicking someone get a small sentence. What a joke.

You didn't see the incident yet will comment that the penalty is a joke???

Was it a punch to the head or a punch to the guts, or a jumper punch? Makes a big difference

AFL players are regularly found guilty of incidents and don't receive suspensions

I was speaking to a Club official who was there and did see it. He’s shocked and agrees it’s a joke.

Kangaroo Court 101 on display with this result

You didn't see the incident yet will comment that the penalty is a joke???

Was it a punch to the head or a punch to the guts, or a jumper punch? Makes a big difference

AFL players are regularly found guilty of incidents and don't receive suspensions

I'm not sure how you can be yellow carded for striking and offered set penalty of 2 weeks , challenge the 2 week penalty , be found guilty and then get 0 weeks.

Makes a mockery of the system

I'm not sure how you can be yellow carded for striking and offered set penalty of 2 weeks , challenge the 2 week penalty , be found guilty and then get 0 weeks.

Makes a mockery of the system

That's why we have a tribunal, to hear all the evidence

Incident wasn't deemed forceful enough to warrant a suspension.
Every case is different, in this one
1. Umpire during play saw player strike another player - report and send off - tick
2. After game Umpire offered player 2 games - tick
3. Players rejects this as he knows although he struck the player the force was minimal and no damage to opposition player - tick
4. Tribunal hears full story, Umpire's version was correct, both players were correct - so report warranted, charge of striking found guilty - tick
5. Based on evidence Tribunal found due to insufficient contact and no injury to opposition player - reprimand - tick

Now if opposition player was injured because of the force of the blow, the reported player would've been looking at 3-4 weeks

Anyone heard anything about all 3 divisions being even numbered from a teams perspective next year?
10 teams in Premier
10 teams in Div 1
8 teams in Div 2
Will mean some extra fundraising for clubs in Div 1 & 2 with no bye
Keilor Park come back into Div 2
Sunbury Kangaroos join Div 2
Premier from Div 2 goes up
Last placed from Div 1 doesn’t get dropped but stays in Div 1
Winner and last placed in Div 1 and Premier get promoted and relegated as normal
Thoughts everyone??

when do you think the League make a decision on this ? so all clubs involved can start planning for season 2019 , it would make a difference to side like Jacana on spend ,recruiting wether coach stays or not !

That's why we have a tribunal, to hear all the evidence

Incident wasn't deemed forceful enough to warrant a suspension.
Every case is different, in this one
1. Umpire during play saw player strike another player - report and send off - tick
2. After game Umpire offered player 2 games - tick
3. Players rejects this as he knows although he struck the player the force was minimal and no damage to opposition player - tick
4. Tribunal hears full story, Umpire's version was correct, both players were correct - so report warranted, charge of striking found guilty - tick
5. Based on evidence Tribunal found due to insufficient contact and no injury to opposition player - reprimand - tick

Now if opposition player was injured because of the force of the blow, the reported player would've been looking at 3-4 weeks

Stop talking so much sense on this page ,
That stuff is just not allowed on here ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back