EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craigieburn v Tullamarine looked like a good game from the score line. 15 goals to 13, was it a good game to watch bomber. Who were the standouts

Other games all a bit one sided

Great game to watch, both teams had momentum in different stages of the game and it was a tight contest throughout.

7 & 10 for CB we’re good - CB in general we’re good as expected on the outside. They are quick and like to run.

For Tulla Kane Mulvaney, D Bartrop & Franchina. I don’t know stats but the def won stoppages which was probably the difference. Tulla were also solid in defense.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree bomber was a great spectacle on a perfect day for footy. Game still in the balance with 5 minutes to go thought CB were going to pinch it but Tulla kicking a couple late goals in a well deserved hard fought win. Limbach had an off day in front of goal must of kicked 5+ behinds. Thought Maric was really good in the ruck gave his mids first crack. It must be said CB injuries are starting to take there toll losing 2 of the last 3, missing a chunk of there best 22 for a number of weeks i thought yesterday was a pretty good effort against a very good side. As young a CB side as ive ever seen.

Agree bomber was a great spectacle on a perfect day for footy. Game still in the balance with 5 minutes to go thought CB were going to pinch it but Tulla kicking a couple late goals in a well deserved hard fought win. Limbach had an off day in front of goal must of kicked 5+ behinds. Thought Maric was really good in the ruck gave his mids first crack. It must be said CB injuries are starting to take there toll losing 2 of the last 3, missing a chunk of there best 22 for a number of weeks i thought yesterday was a pretty good effort against a very good side. As young a CB side as ive ever seen.

TULLA have Prestia & Kennedy out of there best 22 atm I’d say

Only caught 2nd 1/2 Crazy v Tulla and whilst it was a close goal for goal contest I didnt think the skills for a top 2 contest where much chop.Very few players would be capable of playing good Premier grade football.Still unsure why its called div1 can anyone enlighten me?On such a nice day was also very surprised by the very small crowd which was a shadow of days gone by at Crazy.

Could’ve said the same thing this time last year barfly about Glenroy but they have held their own in Premier
Not sure the gap between bottom 4 Premier and top 4 Div 1 is that great anymore
Guess time will tell eh???

Could’ve said the same thing this time last year barfly about Glenroy but they have held their own in Premier
Not sure the gap between bottom 4 Premier and top 4 Div 1 is that great anymore
Guess time will tell eh???

I said very few players in Crazy v Tulla are capable of being good Premier players.As in even get a game at Abers or Keilor.Wasnt comparing bottom sides in Premier.Yes Glenroy seem competitive atm and hood on em.Deny if you wish but the standard of Div 1 (Division 2 in reality)is ordinary.

I said very few players in Crazy v Tulla are capable of being good Premier players.As in even get a game at Abers or Keilor.Wasnt comparing bottom sides in Premier.Yes Glenroy seem competitive atm and hood on em.Deny if you wish but the standard of Div 1 (Division 2 in reality)is ordinary.

Ridiculous comment. EDFL div 1 (B grade) would be one of the best B grade standards in Victoria.

Best you go back to the bar barfly where your comments make more sense to you and you only
Who mentioned Abers and Keilor??
I was talking about sides being promoted and being competitive as a positive for our game!!
Never mentioned players or individuals
Thanks for the news captain obvious that there is a divide between the two divisions
The EDFL wouldn’t have it any other way

Best you go back to the bar barfly where your comments make more sense to you and you only
Who mentioned Abers and Keilor??
I was talking about sides being promoted and being competitive as a positive for our game!!
Never mentioned players or individuals
Thanks for the news captain obvious that there is a divide between the two divisions
The EDFL wouldn’t have it any other way

Please tell me which part of my original statement was incorrect.I await a decent reply.Thanks and dont get so upset.Just face facts.

Rumour circulating that Coletta from hillside has done his ACL and won't play again this year. Big loss for the Sharks if true

How much impact would this have on Hillside's finals chances ?

With only 5 rounds remaining what's is everyone's view on the make up of the final 4 ?

Mine is :
Tullamarine
APW
Craigieburn
Taylors Lakes

I think the loss of Coletta could swing the 4th spot in favour of Lakes.

GF - Tullamarine v Craigieburn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please tell me which part of my original statement was incorrect.I await a decent reply.Thanks and dont get so upset.Just face facts.

I think forks point was the side that wins doesn't need to compete with the likes of Abers and Keilor. They need to compete with the Glenroys / EDS / west coburg / Avondale.

I think if it was a Tulla / APW / Craigieburn they would compete with the bottom 4 in the hope to survive and then build over 3-5 years

I think forks point was the side that wins doesn't need to compete with the likes of Abers and Keilor. They need to compete with the Glenroys / EDS / west coburg / Avondale.

I think if it was a Tulla / APW / Craigieburn they would compete with the bottom 4 in the hope to survive and then build over 3-5 years

The question i would ask is how many Tulla players will stay if they went to premier league? And out of those how many are capable of playing good premier league footy.
From what I understand APW / CB / HS have more younger type players maybe willing to try there luck if they went up.

BTW - The gap is much wider this season between div1 sides v premier compared to the recent sides playing premier in GL / CB / EDS.
Example CB of 2016 would beat CB of 2018 by 10 plus goals IMO.. Thoughts??

Plus I might add Tulla /APW / CB would be 15 goals behind the current GL / EDS / WC and maybe 20 goals behind say a fully fit Avondale. Yes we all know that so they need to recruit plenty but most importantly have another 100k in the budget.

Plus I might add Tulla /APW / CB would be 15 goals behind the current GL / EDS / WC and maybe 20 goals behind say a fully fit Avondale. Yes we all know that so they need to recruit plenty but most importantly have another 100k in the budget.

First off turbo, not sure how much div 1 footy you watch but I would be happy to place a bet that the top 3 in div 1 would more than take it up to GL / EDS / WC

And you are forgetting these sides are recruiting to play div 1 not premier. IF one of them won it then obviously they would need to recruit to improve.

It really gets on my nerve when you come on these threads and shit can div 1. Saying young kids should be leaving there club to play premier etc. give it a rest

The question i would ask is how many Tulla players will stay if they went to premier league? And out of those how many are capable of playing good premier league footy.
From what I understand APW / CB / HS have more younger type players maybe willing to try there luck if they went up.

BTW - The gap is much wider this season between div1 sides v premier compared to the recent sides playing premier in GL / CB / EDS.

Looking at he lists I would say Tulla would be a similar age profile to APW, possibly younger.
HS have been rolling out the youth statement for 5 years about the same blokes. CB yes, there bottom 10 are very young but they also have 6-7 older very experienced guys

Are hillside going to be able to retain most of their list and be able to recruit if they happen to pull off a miracle and win the flag this year? Hear funds were a bit tight earlier this year. I’m also hearing their captain is a big chance to return to his junior club and play premier division next year

tulla have more young talent than HS that would easily compete in
Looking at he lists I would say Tulla would be a similar age profile to APW, possibly younger.
HS have been rolling out the youth statement for 5 years about the same blokes. CB yes, there bottom 10 are very young but they also have 6-7 older very experienced guys

I think Turbo well and truely over estimates the amount of young talent in HS current senior team. Take church out and they are a middle of the road team. Tullamarine best young players ( bartrop, prestia, mulvaney, vocale, harward, devine and barresi) would easily compete in premier.

Great game to watch, both teams had momentum in different stages of the game and it was a tight contest throughout.

7 & 10 for CB we’re good - CB in general we’re good as expected on the outside. They are quick and like to run.

For Tulla Kane Mulvaney, D Bartrop & Franchina. I don’t know stats but the def won stoppages which was probably the difference. Tulla were also solid in defense.
It was great game of local footy and got beautiful weather for the middle of winter.

Tulla was on top early but then allowed Craigieburn to kick 3 goals in the last 5 mins of the half.

Craigieburn midfield was second to the ball a lot and Mariic did give their midfield good first use. Mulvaney & Bartrop were very good all day.

Tulla backline was solid and Limbach did seem to have a bit of an off day missing some shots maybe 3 or 4 points with one of those given as a goal. Tulla didn’t seem to have any different defensive setup for him or play an extra defender like other teams have and some of the other smaller fwds gave Tulla a bit of trouble at times.

Craigieburn backline stood up really well for most of the game and didn’t allow many marks inside 50 and moved the ball out quickly linking up well through Bongetti. The overall amount of rebound entries into the Tulla fwd line was the key.

Both teams did miss some easy shots on goal and there were a lot of umpiring decision where no one at the game knew what they were for or for which team.

It is going to be an interesting finals series with the next question will be if it is Taylors Lakes or Hillside who claims the 4th spot.

Some big games this week with CB vs APW and Tulla vs HS.

tulla have more young talent than HS that would easily compete in

I think Turbo well and truely over estimates the amount of young talent in HS current senior team. Take church out and they are a middle of the road team. Tullamarine best young players ( bartrop, prestia, mulvaney, vocale, harward, devine and barresi) would easily compete in premier.

Surely your kidding, tulla haven’t had an u19s team for the past 6 years nor a top 3 division u16/17. Hillside have been a competitive div 1 junior club for a number of years and a competitive u19 team with multiple kids at western jets. Good on tulla for getting an u19 team together but the fact is they get flogged by 100+ every week. so i’m not too sure where you get your facts from saying that tulla have more young talent

Surely your kidding, tulla haven’t had an u19s team for the past 6 years nor a top 3 division u16/17. Hillside have been a competitive div 1 junior club for a number of years and a competitive u19 team with multiple kids at western jets. Good on tulla for getting an u19 team together but the fact is they get flogged by 100+ every week. so i’m not too sure where you get your facts from saying that tulla have more young talent

As I said. Current senior team, did not mention juniors. We are talking about winning a senior football flag and hillside are currently a long way off.

As I said. Current senior team, did not mention juniors. We are talking about winning a senior football flag and hillside are currently a long way off.

Hillside much closer than tulla in terms of going up to premier and surviving over the next few years with the youth coming rather than tulla. Unless tulla can start producing A grade juniors, they won’t be in the position to go up. As said a few weeks ago, Tulla are already using up there points most weeks and can that current team compete in A grade with no homegrown players coming through? I think not

Hillside much closer than tulla in terms of going up to premier and surviving over the next few years with the youth coming rather than tulla. Unless tulla can start producing A grade juniors, they won’t be in the position to go up. As said a few weeks ago, Tulla are already using up there points most weeks and can that current team compete in A grade with no homegrown players coming through? I think not

Points from the weekend of the top 4 sides

APW - 45
Tulla - 40
CB - 45
HS - 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back