EDFL Div 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, get the right coach and the players will follow. I would suggest one that can communicate and has a three to five year plan. Somebody like the ex Abers under 18 coach that is now an assistant at the Cannons, I think it's Brett ???.

I think that’s exactly what Douttas need, some fresh faces. Don’t know too much about Brett but have heard nothing but positive reports from cannons people about his communication and tactical knowledg and heard he was hunted by an AFL club last year so must be alright. Pretty sure It was him I heard about on the weekend that was spoken about by another EDFL club as a potential coach for next year as well. Surely a lot of players on the move at douttas though..

Last time I checked, Douttas are in Premier Division so why the hell are they getting discussed in this forum?
Is there nothing worth talking about in this division that we have to focus on others.

I think that’s exactly what Douttas need, some fresh faces. Don’t know too much about Brett but have heard nothing but positive reports from cannons people about his communication and tactical knowledg and heard he was hunted by an AFL club last year so must be alright. Pretty sure It was him I heard about on the weekend that was spoken about by another EDFL club as a potential coach for next year as well. Surely a lot of players on the move at douttas though..

Bretty G name ya price pal :D:p:thumbsu:

Is this you brett ? Pumping up your own value !
Knocked back an Afl club to stay at cannons then going to take the douttas job if they chase him , Come on guys keep it real. Lmao

H
Is this you brett ? Pumping up your own value !
Knocked back an Afl club to stay at cannons then going to take the douttas job if they chase him , Come on guys keep it real. Lmao

Haha defnetly not just passing on what I’ve heard. May be wrong though. In more important news What happended with APW on the weekend?? And for that matter craigeburn too?? Few out??

H

Haha defnetly not just passing on what I’ve heard. May be wrong though. In more important news What happended with APW on the weekend?? And for that matter craigeburn too?? Few out??

He has obviously done very well for himself and climbing the ranks, good on him. Not hard to coach Abers juniors to premierships though let’s be honest.

But I can assure you he he is zero chance to be the EDS coach in 2019. I’ve been told Wallis knows he’s gone and so does the president and they are all moving forward together. Heard some potential coach names put forward on the weekend but almost all of them are currently coaching other clubs so be wrong to name them, they will be chasing the best. Whether they can attract one to coach then in B grade might be another story.

I was just going on his record as a coach at Abers. Have heard him talk a few times at Cannons games this year.

Last time I checked, Douttas are in Premier Division so why the hell are they getting discussed in this forum?
Is there nothing worth talking about in this division that we have to focus on others.
Other than them probably being in this Div next season, not sure.

H

It was a shocking game right from the start. APW cruled by free kicks against them.

He has obviously done very well for himself and climbing the ranks, good on him. Not hard to coach Abers juniors to premierships though let’s be honest.

But I can assure you he he is zero chance to be the EDS coach in 2019. I’ve been told Wallis knows he’s gone and so does the president and they are all moving forward together. Heard some potential coach names put forward on the weekend but almost all of them are currently coaching other clubs so be wrong to name them, they will be chasing the best. Whether they can attract one to coach then in B grade might be another story.
So long as the price is right and they have a plan, then a coach could do worse than take on Douttas. Could be a place to make a name.

So long as the price is right and they have a plan, then a coach could do worse than take on Douttas. Could be a place to make a name.

He may of only coached juniors but he has what it takes to be a club senior coach.

He may of only coached juniors but he has what it takes to be a club senior coach.

Hey buddy it’s a big call for EDS to appoint a person who has never coached or been assistant of a senior or Reserve side. Huge risk..What’s his role at the Cannons?

I do know Westy and APW went down this path but huge risk for a club like EDS.

On Wallis, from all reports his a good coach who has the respect after sticking around for this season after what occurred last season which wasn’t his doing from what I’m told. They are reasonably competitive for the list they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey buddy it’s a big call for EDS to appoint a person who has never coached or been assistant of a senior or Reserve side. Huge risk..What’s his role at the Cannons?

On Wallis, from all reports his a good coach who has the respect after sticking around for this season after what occurred last season which wasn’t his doing from what I’m told. They are reasonably competitive for the list they have.

Midfield coach at Cannons last 2 years. Prior to that 5 x premiership coach at Abers 18s (in a row). I wouldn’t think coaching an EDFL div 1 side is an upgrade on his current position. VFL assistant or coaching his own TAC side would be the intended pathway after his apprenticeship I would imagine.

Absolutely more than capable of coaching EDS if he decided to go down that path.

Pretty sure I spotted him eating dinner tonight in Craigieburn with a guy from another Premier Division club.

Aah good old big footy just mighta made this chap a person of interest without even knowing if he has the time, interest or desire to have a chop at his own team .... but the again apparently local coaches can earn a good quid these days

Midfield coach at Cannons last 2 years. Prior to that 5 x premiership coach at Abers 18s (in a row). I wouldn’t think coaching an EDFL div 1 side is an upgrade on his current position. VFL assistant or coaching his own TAC side would be the intended pathway after his apprenticeship I would imagine.

Absolutely more than capable of coaching EDS if he decided to go down that path.

Could be more than capable and sounds like he is doing well, but like I said he is as much chance of coaching EDS as Wallis is in 2019.

H

8 out for CB mate. Some very good players, tough to win with that many out. EK were solid, never looked like losing.

Hey Turbo, I have heard he is respected by a number of coaches in the EDFL and to be asked by an AFL club to join them says volumes for his capability.

Maddern is a good communicator, sometimes that is the best quality.

Yes you have to give it to Wallis for sticking around. I also heard what happened last year was not his fault. Mind you, if you ask most supporters at EDS they wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what happened there last year. Goes to show the lack of openness within the club. I have been told that some agree the culture needs to be changed. It is seen as a boys club.

What is it three or so games they have lost by a goal. Those boys that stayed deserve to have a win.

If an AFL Club came knocking then I’m assuming coaching ain’t the be all and end all to this chap.

Work for a living, footy on the side must give him the balance and the satisfaction he wants for now yeh?

Tyson Young officially announced today by Williamstown as mid season recruit to replace another player. Apparently will play a few games as 23rd player. I guess who knows from here as it will depend on his form.. Well done to Tyson and the big footy posters who highlighted this some weeks ago..
Will this have an effect on APW??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back