EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is some news I’m hearing in a late night newsbreak.

Hillside out Micallef, possibly Young in from CB.

Who would you take for the roughly same outlay In match payments?

Young on the verge of retirement and Micallef in his peak years. This is a no contest, Victor everyday of the week!

No disrespect to Young as he was as good as any at Avondale some years back, but if Hillside are chasing players like him and paying good money then they won’t see a another final for 5 years.

EK definitely making big moves and going to be all the hype with the signings and coach beating his chest but sides should be looking at the way Craigieburn beat them twice in the finals. Youth, speed and a real coach!

Young on the verge of retirement and Micallef in his peak years. This is a no contest, Victor everyday of the week!

No disrespect to Young as he was as good as any at Avondale some years back, but if Hillside are chasing players like him and paying good money then they won’t see a another final for 5 years.

EK definitely making big moves and going to be all the hype with the signings and coach beating his chest but sides should be looking at the way Craigieburn beat them twice in the finals. Youth, speed and a real coach!

Young was great in the finals series and destroyed EK in both games. He does like it hard whereas EK prefer the outside easy ball. Only joking btw as young definitely retired.

I totally agree with you 💯 % that CB exposed EK for speed and hardness at the contest. EK haven’t learned from that and I can see a repeat of this season happening and if that’s the case it will good to be a fly on the wall at EK come end of year 2020. They need to recruit younger faster types who will stay 3-4 years hopefully. Most of the recruits will only play 1 year except maybe Bongetti and Klix if they continue to pay him overs. As I said the coach only wants a premiership at any cost. Not forward planning imo.

Goodnight all..😘

3 pointer player and add an extra point if he goes to HS, opps sorry another EDFL div1 club.
What was his junior clubs, I know he spent time at EDS so would he be a one point player there. Seems to be a waste of talent in Div 1. Maybe he is now just chasing the dollar.

I've enjoyed most of what you've written Turbo but think you're dreaming if you think HS will win the flag.... stranger things have happened but you may as well have said we'll win the premier flag in 2 years time. Not Gonna happen
Hillside freed up some $$ thanks to EK.

I’m sure Vic was originally from Keilor as well but he was a popular figure at Hillside, but not a homegrown as such. They kind of adopted him.

Losing Coletta hurts a bit I admit, but how do you compete with the amount that is being thrown at him alleged on here. You can’t or shouldn’t compete with that stupid offer. It can destroy your club quickly. I’m sure he will be back. What if HS happens to win it this season? Then Coletta will most likely return in season 2021 and EK look silly. Oh well let’s wait and see!

Teams will always back themselves in against EK in finals, purely due to playing for the jumper against playing for the money.

Anyway I enjoy the banter..

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let’s do the math....Scanlon and Bongetti 900 each Klix 750 Micaleff and Colette 650 each. So that’s roughly 60k, with more to come. Lyons retiring saves 13k.....it will be a hell of a balancing act....without talking about points.
BigFooty turning into the land of make believe :laughing::laughing::laughing:.
Would love to see where people pull these numbers from? There is absolutely no chance a local B grade club is paying this sort of coin for players.

No player in B Grade should be getting paid $1000 a game, especially if they are already B-Grade players. If you are paying someone $800+ they better be a super star, it definitely wouldnt be a good player from another team that's already playing in the division.

For $800-900 I'd be wanting anyone who came to watch any game throughout the season to comment on that player saying 'that guy is an absolute gun and shouldnt be playing in this division'.

If V.Micallef came to my club and asked for $1400 a game I would laugh him out of the room.

If I had a big enough budget, I'd be happy to pay someone like R.Castello $800-$1,000. He is a completely different level

Been a lot of hard work go in. Focus is on getting the junior program up and running. A lot of people put in some tough yards to get here and credit to the committee, Faz and leadership group for what they have done. Harley must be stiff to be bench in TOFY if he's second in the BnF
Enough EK talk. Huge congratulations to the Roxy FC.....coach of the year and their captain equal second in the b&f. Hearing good things about Roxy, Huge turnaround from their early days. Well done.

Can someone compare V.Micallef or Bongetti or Colette to R.Castello. I don't know too much about them all to be honest, but can someone who may know each of the players give a run down of their achievements (ideally outside of playing in B-Grade).

Castello has the runs on the board and is a better player than Div 1 footy. Not sure I could say the same of the others. Would be happy to be proven wrong, but please also give examples to help your argument on what they have done, and then I'll suggest how much I'd offer them if I ran a local footy club.

Robbie Castello:
Named in Werribee 50 Greats of 50 Years
169 Games, 179 Goals, WFC Games Record holder (169), Best & Fairest 2006, Club Captain 2012/13, VFL Team of the year 2011, Leading goalkicker 2010.
Playing Coach at Marby in Premier League (2015-16-17)

Obviously the coaches saw it differently. Maybe they based it on what they (and a lot of you others out there) THOUGHT Roxy would bring to Div 1 versus what actually happened. Maybe they were impressed with the improvement from first game to second game during the year. Who knows
That decision was a disgrace. Surely Lance is coach of the year. Coached a premiership and won it against a hot favourite in EK. Recruited local talent and payed out a lot less than EK but they got the silverware.

Roxy did well I agree but they were in relegation zone for best part of the season. Strange decision..

The best thing about all this is your club missed the big fish in Stewart. He is much more valuable than any of these names.

What would happen if he pops up at Hillside or Airport West? But pretty confident his staying on at Deer Park for another year and then heading to Wallan to finish up. Bad luck EK you missed the biggest one..

I really thought EK would have learned after recruiting Philpott. He won that one with the good sign on.. 😄😄

Stay tuned

You need to get your facts right before you comment flog

Can someone compare V.Micallef or Bongetti or Colette to R.Castello. I don't know too much about them all to be honest, but can someone who may know each of the players give a run down of their achievements (ideally outside of playing in B-Grade).

Castello has the runs on the board and is a better player than Div 1 footy. Not sure I could say the same of the others. Would be happy to be proven wrong, but please also give examples to help your argument on what they have done, and then I'll suggest how much I'd offer them if I ran a local footy club.

Robbie Castello:
Named in Werribee 50 Greats of 50 Years
169 Games, 179 Goals, WFC Games Record holder (169), Best & Fairest 2006, Club Captain 2012/13, VFL Team of the year 2011, Leading goalkicker 2010.
Playing Coach at Marby in Premier League (2015-16-17)

Only recruit that has those credentials if not better that has been recruited is Scanlon

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing,Hillside are also talking to Patty Rose $$$

Your the flog and only likes are from EK people. Your club is ruining this comp and no other club respects you. See you flog2.
Respect ? So it’s ok when we’re sitting in the bottom 2 of the ladder in the previous 2 seasons and yo-yoing from div 2 and now we’re trying to bring in players to help bring some success to the club . You really are a piece of work , wouldn’t spit on you if you were on fire . You have no idea about where we’ve been and where we’ve come from since the edfl made 3 division and the days we were pulling players of the street just to fill a 2s side . So Fk you and everyone’s respect that you’re the self appointed spokesperson for , 20-25 years ago we were playing off in grand finals in premier and we might not be ready this year or next but we will get there . .

Huge rumour out of the NFNL.. Ahmed Saad could be on the return to the magpies nest... 1 pointer... Magpies to push for finals next year if he and Capuano can fire together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back