EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bongetti has played 7 games for the season, hasn't played since the 3rd of August, risky in my opinion. Davies is a certainty but who comes out ?

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app
What’s your opinion on Lyons playing?

I wouldn’t play him.

He can’t play midfield too unfit and makes the forward line too slow and lack of forward pressure was noticeable in 1st final.

Naming posters, right or wrong, is usually a weeks ban and I'll happily use it on the next person who does it.

Also, stop using the term "flog" or just generally abusing each other.

Well done to EK on the win and good luck to Craigieburn and EK in the grannie next week.

I have just sent this letter to A Current Affair and am hoping to get some support . I am sure many suffered the same yesterday.

EDFL football finals held at Coburg City oval yesterday and what should have been a top family day was ruined by greedy Moreland council for booking many players , volunteer officials , Family and friends for parking in the ground car park that has a three hour limit.
Yes it is signed but it is so petty and an obvious cash grab.
There is no unrestricted parking near the ground being in a busy shopping and sport precinct.
Players are required to be at the ground at 12 for 2pm games and then play. They cant come out and move cars at quarter time even if there was space to move them.
What are they supposed to do?
Even supporters who arrived later and would have been marginally over the three hour limit copped it!
Council knows this and handed out dozens (maybe more) $80 tickets in a shameless revenue raiser.
My son had a great day in a memorable finals win in his first senior prelim and upon getting home he was very emotional and upset when telling me he got a ticket.
It is outrageous and I am very angry as many more are.
Now he and many others will remember the day for this low act.
During finals there are many more supporters (all paying $15 entry) and games should not be played at this otherwise very good venue for local finals if parking causes these issues.
The EDFL need to take some responsibility for this also and use it's strength to partition the council to withdraw all these fines. There is every chance some EDFL officials got them too.
I am hoping A Current Affair would be interested in this story and am sure if this situation was widely reported they would be shamed into some action because without some help they will get away with this blatant rip off of our young sportsmen and woman and the many good people that contribute so much to keeping our kids off the streets and playing our great game.
Thank You
Emotional and upset!!🤣🤣
He’ll remember the day for his ticket!!🤣🤣
Wipe the tears and get over it🌈
1st world problem

Yes, playing in a big game and being physically and emotionally drained after it. Being so happy to be playing in a GF next week and then getting to car and getting a ticket is a kick in the guts a young fella does not deserve. And yes he will remember it.
And as I said there were dozens (possibly hundreds) given out.
Agreed it is not world ending, just another rip off in this ever more expensive "first world" we live in.
And if you are OK with being ripped off that's fine . But myself and many others I am sure have had a gutfull!!
There were no tears, just a tainting of a great day.

Yes, playing in a big game and being physically and emotionally drained after it. Being so happy to be playing in a GF next week and then getting to car and getting a ticket is a kick in the guts a young fella does not deserve. And yes he will remember it.
And as I said there were dozens (possibly hundreds) given out.
Agreed it is not world ending, just another rip off in this ever more expensive "first world" we live in.
And if you are OK with being ripped off that's fine . But myself and many others I am sure have had a gutfull!!
There were no tears, just a tainting of a great day.
you park illegally, got a ticket and then have a bitch you got a ticket. Sorry I’m missing something 2/3 of that carpark is all day parking anyway say hello to Tracey for me

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding is that Lyons is fit and can play midfield, if he isn't 100% I wouldn't risk it.

He did struggle in the first final, as would most players returning from 5 weeks off.
What’s your opinion on Lyons playing?

I wouldn’t play him.

He can’t play midfield too unfit and makes the forward line too slow and lack of forward pressure was noticeable in 1st final.

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking at yesterday’s game I thought Dion Hill has more tricks in his kit bag than I expected and I think he cops a fair bit of unfair criticism.
For a key position player he is surprisingly good once the ball hits the deck with his second and third efforts.
Arrowsmith for mine is the best player in this division and opposition need to keep a constant tag on him to try to quell his influence. And this is coming from a Tullamarine supporter so there is no EK bias.

Doesn’t the behaviour of the U19s ( who is the club president ) just give you an overall view of Tulla. They accept behaviour like that and have for quite a while.

Doesn’t the behaviour of the U19s ( who is the club president ) just give you an overall view of Tulla. They accept behaviour like that and have for quite a while.

Surely you’re having a laugh, the 19’s coach isn’t the president??? Is he????

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely you’re having a laugh, the 19’s coach isn’t the president??? Is he????

It’s the same bloke that has been reported for more than 16 weeks and should not be anywhere near the boundary line let alone be coaching impressionable young men.
Just another blatant bending of the rules by the EDFL board again.

It’s the same bloke that has been reported for more than 16 weeks and should not be anywhere near the boundary line let alone be coaching impressionable young men.

Carries on like a pork chop

If his been suspended for more than 16 weeks I’m sure he can’t hold a coaching role or any role in an official capacity.

I agree Tulla have behavioural issues across the board from what I’ve seen as well.

The senior coach is the runner for the 19s if I’m correct. Good on DC but that’s unusual.

If his been suspended for more than 16 weeks I’m sure he can’t hold a coaching role or any role in an official capacity.

I agree Tulla have behavioural issues across the board from what I’ve seen as well.

The senior coach is the runner for the 19s if I’m correct. Good on DC but that’s unusual.
Your right Turbo he’s not supposed to be , however our tree hugging tofu eating board want everyone to have a cuddle and sit around together crocheting socks.
Do you think he’s learned by the other penalties he was given and let off so he can carry on like that every Saturday.
Our league is a laughingstock.

I can assure you that the EDFL did no favors for Tulla or labbs. AFL Vic overturned the ban on appeal.

Even as a biased Tullamarine supporter I would have agreed with you guys, 16 weeks suspension = no playing/coaching again, bad luck.

However fast forward three years and the overwhelmingly positive influence he has had on a group of largely disengaged youths has been inspiring. He is the sole reason Tulla has been able to field a 19s side for the first time in years. He wants nothing more than to see the youth playing footy and being a part of the community rather than out drinking/taking drugs etc. Unfortunately like many of us Labbs has a bit of white line fever and can lose his cool during games. This is addressed by the club and along with Labbs are trying to improve in this area. His positive impact around the club & community far outweigh these minor situations.

I’ll admit that his approach is unconventional and we regularly disagree on things but at a time when many clubs are losing players at the 19s level maybe we should be looking at how he has been able to reverse that trend.

Now turbo, chops can we get back to talking about the footy? It is Grand final week after all

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have just sent this letter to A Current Affair and am hoping to get some support . I am sure many suffered the same yesterday.

EDFL football finals held at Coburg City oval yesterday and what should have been a top family day was ruined by greedy Moreland council for booking many players , volunteer officials , Family and friends for parking in the ground car park that has a three hour limit.
Yes it is signed but it is so petty and an obvious cash grab.
There is no unrestricted parking near the ground being in a busy shopping and sport precinct.
Players are required to be at the ground at 12 for 2pm games and then play. They cant come out and move cars at quarter time even if there was space to move them.
What are they supposed to do?
Even supporters who arrived later and would have been marginally over the three hour limit copped it!
Council knows this and handed out dozens (maybe more) $80 tickets in a shameless revenue raiser.
My son had a great day in a memorable finals win in his first senior prelim and upon getting home he was very emotional and upset when telling me he got a ticket.
It is outrageous and I am very angry as many more are.
Now he and many others will remember the day for this low act.
During finals there are many more supporters (all paying $15 entry) and games should not be played at this otherwise very good venue for local finals if parking causes these issues.
The EDFL need to take some responsibility for this also and use it's strength to petition the council to withdraw all these fines. There is every chance some EDFL officials got them too.
I am hoping A Current Affair would be interested in this story and am sure if this situation was widely reported they would be shamed into some action because without some help they will get away with this blatant rip off of our young sportsmen and woman and the many good people that contribute so much to keeping our kids off the streets and playing our great game.
Thank You
Maybe your son should get some concrete and harden up.
I’ve playing games at Coburg for the past 15 years and never once have I received a parking ticket. There is plenty of all day parking around the ground you just need to look for it.
Good on the council for handing out parking tickets. Because I’m sure the shop keepers along Sydney rd want the constant turnover of cars so they can generate business. It’s not all about you and your sons footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back