EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to eloborate In what way is the culture bad at westy take a aside the reprehensible actions of one individual in the media at the moment .
Horse - Are you just another key board warrior?
Yes this scumbag of a person who assaulted that poor lady deserves everything he cops, go your hardest at him. Absolute Filth and I hope he cops his right whack.
Bad Culture - Please clarify

Horse - Are you just another key board warrior?
Yes this scumbag of a person who assaulted that poor lady deserves everything he cops, go your hardest at him. Absolute Filth and I hope he cops his right whack.
Bad Culture - Please clarify
We let’s just say over a number of years playing against them some of the things that their supporters/members have done has really applaud me. The worst was a goal umpire getting involved in a fight during a junior match and using his flag as a weapon.
I won’t go about some of the tactics their players have used, because that was years ago and a different time. (I will say that most clubs have these types of players and supporters but Westy were by far away the worst in my opinion, it’s only my opinion)
Im not a keyboard warrior just a past player and coach.

We let’s just say over a number of years playing against them some of the things that their supporters/members have done has really applaud me. The worst was a goal umpire getting involved in a fight during a junior match and using his flag as a weapon.
I won’t go about some of the tactics their players have used, because that was years ago and a different time. (I will say that most clubs have these types of players and supporters but Westy were by far away the worst in my opinion, it’s only my opinion)
we have all seen cultural problems at clubs and for the sake of this forum the worst l think are Abers juniors parents who give it to kids from the opposition when they are winning but are even worse when there little precious ones are getting beaten. Worst thing l have seen is a female u12 player not from Abers attack a boundary umpire for calling a ball out of bounds. even the young field umpire and most of our boys were scared of her but the opposition parents were gloating over the behaviour.

we have all seen cultural problems at clubs and for the sake of this forum the worst l think are Abers juniors parents who give it to kids from the opposition when they are winning but are even worse when there little precious ones are getting beaten. Worst thing l have seen is a female u12 player not from Abers attack a boundary umpire for calling a ball out of bounds. even the young field umpire and most of our boys were scared of her but the opposition parents were gloating over the behaviour.
There culture issue is slightly different to the one which has caused this debate. Abers do anything to win and will revert to sneaky tactics, cheating, or flaunting rules to get an advantage. It’s pretty sad really. Even worse is the league don’t do anything but in saying that surely a club can fix issues rather than know but let it slide.

On the subject of the Westy player the league wouldn’t be happy to see pictures of the accused in an EDFL league jumper. Not a great look for the competetion.

fair enough, let me state i am not a westy supporter but i have seen similar behavior at different clubs i saw one a few years ago where spectators got involved in the blue on the boundy line.
How long since you have been to a westy game i got see them a couple of times last year one at home and one away . the home game was no different from any other club i went too all year at other home grounds at their home game the crowd where well behaved they gave some stick to the opposition none of which i heard was out of line in any way. the food was good at the canteen and the people seemed friendly.I got too have a chat with their young coach he impressed me with his ethos and they way he wanted to go about things . old ways deserve to be consigned too history the way clubs are run now is so different from the old days thank goodness

salary
I am just wondering how the clubs are going on retaining their lists with the lower salary cap there must have been some casualties over the covid lay off .Even pat and his leauge of extraordinary gentlemen all playing for the love of the club at east keilor must have lost a greedy one or two chasing more money

I am just wondering how the clubs are going on retaining their lists with the lower salary cap there must have been some casualties over the covid lay off .Even pat and his leauge of extraordinary gentlemen all playing for the love of the club at east keilor must have lost a greedy one or two chasing more money
EK unaware of the lowering of the Salary Cap

Airport West again searching for a Senior Coach. Bit of a blow for them

Gremlin I believe Housey is still involved in the background assisting them in finding a suitable replacement, plus he will be helping out when he can. The job he picked up is a step up so had to accept it. Things changing everyday due to covid cancellation season. Plenty of time to find a replacement but maybe appoint from within..

Not sure the league responses to some concerns regarding div1 will help improve the div1 league either, just saying. I see a resurgence of the WRFL with some excellent coaches (Barlow, Scotland) so is the EDFL going backwards slightly???

Gremlin I believe Housey is still involved in the background assisting them in finding a suitable replacement, plus he will be helping out when he can. The job he picked up is a step up so had to accept it. Things changing everyday due to covid cancellation season. Plenty of time to find a replacement but maybe appoint from within..

Not sure the league responses to some concerns regarding div1 will help improve the div1 league either, just saying. I see a resurgence of the WRFL with some excellent coaches (Barlow, Scotland) so is the EDFL going backwards slightly???
I dont think so darren berwick appointed at greenvale potter at abbers just to name a few and some good young blokes in charge in Div 1 and 2 .The WRFL starting a long way back just in front of the SFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said anything about House, good on him for securing a better job. Much like players you should never begrudge someone for challenging themselves at a higher level. Just think it’s a big blow to APW who have to start again after looking pretty positive with House in charge.

Wouldn’t have thought the EDFL has any concerns being compared to the WRFL. I would argue EDFL Premier is at least the equal of any comp in the state and Div.1 is a bloody good second tier division only strengthened by the addition of Rupertswood. You mention Barlow/Scotland as 2 quality coaches, sure, but pale in comparison to McGuane, Potter, Bewick, Morell etc. and Horne proves you don’t need to be a big name as well.
What do you mean by “league responses ?”.
I would certainly agree with you that the admin at EDFL is a head scratcher at times.
We will see the how serious they are regarding salary caps this year!

I just looked at the EDFL transfers that have been put through, what is happening in the Northern Territory Football League for so man to be asking to be cleared to move there. I see that Jake Hobbs and Dylan Landt are two requesting a move. EDS have approved for Landt to go, however; Taylor’s Lakes have denied Hobbs request.

I just looked at the EDFL transfers that have been put through, what is happening in the Northern Territory Football League for so man to be asking to be cleared to move there. I see that Jake Hobbs and Dylan Landt are two requesting a move. EDS have approved for Landt to go, however; Taylor’s Lakes have denied Hobbs request.
It happens every year mate.
Their season is running atm so those cleared up there will be cleared back to their original club if/when the EDFL season is approved to proceed.

Gremlin I believe Housey is still involved in the background assisting them in finding a suitable replacement, plus he will be helping out when he can.

So he should, especially after being payed out for a season that never eventuated.

A lot changes in a year. Klicker now living in Melton and gets to play with Stevens again. Clears room for points. Kennedy went for more senior opportunities. Don’t think there will too many more departures.
[/QUOTE

Oh yes they will

Big full forward Nick Grigg back at East Keilor. Interesting forward set up Hill, Calder, Bongetti, Coletta, Grigg and a resting Stewart. Few big ego’s and not much defensive pressure in this group!
Interesting to see how it’s managed and how Grigg, Calder and/or Hill cop playing in the 2’s ? Couldn’t possibly see Bongetti or Coletta getting dropped, they are a level above the others. I won’t even bother going too hard on the salary cap as anyone that knows even the slightest amount about player market knows what’s happening but will be fascinating to see how Pat manages the points cap and his players not playing in the seniors. IMO might be a few bargains available prior to clearance deadline

Big full forward Nick Grigg back at East Keilor. Interesting forward set up Hill, Calder, Bongetti, Coletta, Grigg and a resting Stewart. Few big ego’s and not much defensive pressure in this group!
Interesting to see how it’s managed and how Grigg, Calder and/or Hill cop playing in the 2’s ? Couldn’t possibly see Bongetti or Coletta getting dropped, they are a level above the others. I won’t even bother going too hard on the salary cap as anyone that knows even the slightest amount about player market knows what’s happening but will be fascinating to see how Pat manages the points cap and his players not playing in the seniors. IMO might be a few bargains available prior to clearance deadline

Didn’t know Nick left Rupo, that’s a shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back