EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Some more on the goings on at Sunbury on Saturday. From what I’ve heard the kids giving shit to Hill were 14-15 yr old kids not reserves players that was mentioned in the paper. Also it was only the last quarter not for 3 quarters as also stated in the paper. I was also informed that hill was giving as much as he was getting from the crowd.
I think bash is putting extra sauce on top of his story.
I was also told that Hill even spoke to the kids after the game and told them it was a bit over the top with some of the stuff they were saying and they apologised.
So I’m guessing Bash only sees and hears what fits his narrative.
I do take that this comes from a Sunbury person but i trust the info he told me is closer to the truth then Bash and the newspaper article

Some more on the goings on at Sunbury on Saturday. From what I’ve heard the kids giving sh*t to Hill were 14-15 yr old kids not reserves players that was mentioned in the paper. Also it was only the last quarter not for 3 quarters as also stated in the paper. I was also informed that hill was giving as much as he was getting from the crowd.
I was also told that Hill even spoke to the kids after the game and told them it was a bit over the top with some of the stuff they were saying and they apologised.
I do take that this comes from a Sunbury person but i trust the info he told me is closer to the truth then Bash and the newspaper article

To Bash's defense he was probably just relaying what he was told to....a simple fact check before coping/paste can save you having egg on your face. Good to hear the kids said sorry and we move on.

Some more on the goings on at Sunbury on Saturday. From what I’ve heard the kids giving sh*t to Hill were 14-15 yr old kids not reserves players that was mentioned in the paper. Also it was only the last quarter not for 3 quarters as also stated in the paper. I was also informed that hill was giving as much as he was getting from the crowd.

Honestly can’t be bothered debating as I’m over the topic. But I was at the game. Saw what I saw, heard what I heard. Your friend can tell you what he likes. For the record they were reserve players.

14 year old Kids are not sinking cans mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Couple of kicking reports by under 16 players is not great. Personally think 4 weeks is not enough. Should be 8 for a low, coward, dirty act that is kicking someone.
4 weeks is a quarter of the season. 8 weeks is over half. I agree 4 weeks is low for 18 matches but juniors only play 14. Maybe 5-6 which is probably fairer.

Honestly can’t be bothered debating as I’m over the topic. But I was at the game. Saw what I saw, heard what I heard. Your friend can tell you what he likes. For the record they were reserve players.

14 year old Kids are not sinking cans mate.

Some would say breaking the rules is breaking the rules or acting outside the SPIRIT of LOCAL FOOTY... SK disgusting crowd behaviour , other clubs paying well above the Salary cap.... Both very wrong and need to be held accountable for their actions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reportable offence under AFL law 21.2.2(bb) - wearing boots, jewellery and equipment prohibited under law 9 with a standard suspension of 1 week.

Not often seen but it certainly exists
I’m sure many will remember the time umpires came into the rooms introduced by the coach to the players and then proceeded to check the boots by swiping their hands up and down the boots, you also needed to show your hands. Times have changed..

Couple of kicking reports by under 16 players is not great. Personally think 4 weeks is not enough. Should be 8 for a low, coward, dirty act that is kicking someone.

Turbo I’m told one of u16 kicking reports was a kick to the head of a player on the ground. Do these offences receive a card on the day then receive a set penalty for the offence? Surely if a player went before a tribunal and found guilty for kicking a head the penalty would be greater than 4 weeks.

Reportable offence under AFL law 21.2.2(bb) - wearing boots, jewellery and equipment prohibited under law 9 with a standard suspension of 1 week.

Not often seen but it certainly exists

I know it exists but never heard of anyone being reported.

played footy with many blokes with piercings etc and depending on where the piercing was they always removed them or taped over them. If they forgot then they were always reminded by someone

I know it exists but never heard of anyone being reported.

played footy with many blokes with piercings etc and depending on where the piercing was they always removed them or taped over them. If they forgot then they were always reminded by someone
Not any more a friends son plays and he and his mates have been told to remove all jewelry as the umpires are on the alert for this and they might just start to police it more now that their pay dispute has been settled

Not any more a friends son plays and he and his mates have been told to remove all jewelry as the umpires are on the alert for this and they might just start to police it more now that their pay dispute has been settled
Its amazing thay Brodie Grundy doesnt get pulled up as every week for last 2 or 3 years hes had tape on ear and Im pretty certain its covering some sort of jewellery. I could be wrong but why else would you have tape on your ear?

Turbo I’m told one of u16 kicking reports was a kick to the head of a player on the ground. Do these offences receive a card on the day then receive a set penalty for the offence? Surely if a player went before a tribunal and found guilty for kicking a head the penalty would be greater than 4 weeks.

If true then 4 weeks is a low unsatisfactory penalty. That type of act is 8 plus. Once again the league is so weak it’s not funny. No leadership, accountability or setting high standards. Oh yes but he put out a statement!! That’s little action really. Poor and I’m over it..

heard from a colleague today that Airport West have been sounding out Hillside for the Good Friday clash next season.
This leaves me with a question, AW not intending on going for the flag this year? bit early to be teeing up a game in this division for next year?? sounds like they have thrown in the towel??
But there will be an opening with TL going down to div 2 for 2022, so why not jump in early, good financial day for any club to have it

If true then 4 weeks is a low unsatisfactory penalty. That type of act is 8 plus. Once again the league is so weak it’s not funny. No leadership, accountability or setting high standards. Oh yes but he put out a statement!! That’s little action really. Poor and I’m over it..
Only one thing softer than EDFL headquarters, that's the EDFL tribunal, lost its teeth many years ago!

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back