EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 clubs are like a 3 minute drive away from each other. Make sense when one has instability then people go to the other. Or people seeking a different opportunity

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Roxy have taken a stack of players from CB over the last 4-5 years if you wanted to add them up. Not star players but all players are important. It’s definitely more a reflection on CB than it is Roxy, good on Roxy for getting on the front foot and having a crack. Farrelly is doing a fantastic job for that club.

Roxy have taken a stack of players from CB over the last 4-5 years if you wanted to add them up. Not star players but all players are important. It’s definitely more a reflection on CB than it is Roxy, good on Roxy for getting on the front foot and having a crack. Farrelly is doing a fantastic job for that club.
Farrelly and the president doing wonders for that club.

If you look at the craigieburn junior players at Roxy you have their current B&F winner Luke Reichelt , captain Jack Elliott & their new signing Div 1 team of the year Cooper Mcpharlane. I think they are star players ,you also have Baker ,Roulston, Nathan Reichelt that have all played in the seniors this year . The one thing that l have noticed over the years is when they go to Roxy & spend time there they don’t seem to come back.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The amount of players they have signed and $ spent over the last two seasons better hope they win the flag soon mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Taking the pi55 surely ?
EK would be in for $1m since Pat arrived for the same amount of Premierships and a hell of a lot less credibility that Roxy

good leadership makes for good clubs and environments its so infectious that people want to be a part of it. No egos, just club first. It’s that simple. Other clubs could learn. Roxy seem to have cornered that market the last few years and the turnaround has been startling over a very short period. Things go wrong every now and then but by and large doing a great job. 👍💯

Moonee Valley thought they had the player who has a new club every year, but he has met with Deer Park, if what he is saying he has been offer from DP, no one else should bother even trying, very good player, but no one is worth that, maybe they see him as a replacement for McKarg

Taking the pi55 surely ?
EK would be in for $1m since Pat arrived for the same amount of Premierships and a hell of a lot less credibility that Roxy

Million dollars ? Jesus how much money you think EK have ?

Why can’t you guys just read a logical comment for what it actually says….

Did I say ek Havnt spent? No doubt ek have spent money as have a lot of clubs I didn’t say they Havnt. It’s good Roxy have probably seen that and realised they need to recruit…All I said was Roxy got to hope for more then “just missing finals” with the amount of money spent and players they have signed. They have brought in enough players to field a whole new team over the last 2 years and this off season.

Lets be honest re a premiership you think anyone was stopping ek when they “won the premiership” due to season getting canned ? You forget they beat APW and Tulla by 18-20 goals each with many out. Lol

Take it as you want.

It’s facts. Enjoy your weekend lads, how goods fishing.

Last edited:

Did I say ek Havnt spent? No doubt ek have spent money as have a lot of clubs I didn’t say they Havnt. It’s good Roxy have probably seen that and realised they need to recruit…All I said was Roxy got to hope for more then “just missing finals” with the amount of money spent and players they have signed. They have brought in enough players to field a whole new team over the last 2 years and this off season.

Lets be honest re a premiership you think anyone was stopping ek when they “won the premiership” due to season getting canned ? You forget they beat APW and Tulla by 18-20 goals each with many out. Lol

Take it as you want.

Wow think you actually made it worse 🤣.

Pats been the cult leader for 4 years now ? I’d say $1m is a very conservative figure and likely a lot more!

Your comment about Roxy probably seen how EK did it and followed suit is unbelievable and delusional. There is zero respect for East Keilor in this competition currently and most admire what Roxburgh Park and Farrelly have been able to do. Regardless of results next season they are a club building a sustainable future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No not all clubs are audited. AFL Victoria pick 1-2 from each comp. All you have to do is lodge how much you pay each player. Doesn't even have to be correct, as long as it's under the salary cap.
Depends if another club asks, it's not that easy, fuel vouchers count, Torquay, dimboola, koondrook, Kyneton have all gone over, with a few coping pretty hefty outcomes, like 25% deduction on points, 20k fines and been audited monthly

Wow think you actually made it worse 🤣.

Pats been the cult leader for 4 years now ? I’d say $1m is a very conservative figure and likely a lot more!

Your comment about Roxy probably seen how EK did it and followed suit is unbelievable and delusional. There is zero respect for East Keilor in this competition currently and most admire what Roxburgh Park and Farrelly have been able to do. Regardless of results next season they are a club building a sustainable future

Admire Roxy and Farrelly? what have Roxy and Farrelly been able to do exactly in 4 years of football and 20 recruits? Sorry I’m confused.

Go from 8th on the ladder in 2019 to 7th on the ladder in 2022.

Gremlin enough mate… stop trying to be liked by everyone on an anonymous forum.

Stop trying to turn my original comment into something it wasn’t because just the result I posted above shows my original comment is accurate, what Roxy have done with the money spent and amount of recruits brought in isn’t enough. If That’s enough for you and the Roxy supporters then good luck to you and I’m happy for you. Since your comparing I’d personally prefer what Pat and EK did after 1 year of recruiting (mind you recruiting less players in that 1 year then Roxy have in the last 4 for a gain of 1 ladder position)…. That’s a minor premiership from 6th place the previous year. Guess we all prefer different things though lol.

I’d argue that what Ruppo have done this year after loosing half their team when moving to EDFL is far more impressive then what Roxy have done…. Which is literally nothing.

Moonee Valley thought they had the player who has a new club every year, but he has met with Deer Park, if what he is saying he has been offer from DP, no one else should bother even trying, very good player, but no one is worth that, maybe they see him as a replacement for McKarg

$200 plus an untrackable TAB voucher each week LOL.

emoji23.png
emoji106.png
Admire Roxy and Farrelly? what have Roxy and Farrelly been able to do exactly in 4 years of football and 20 recruits? Sorry I’m confused.

Stop trying to turn my original comment into something it wasn’t because just the result I posted above shows my original comment is accurate, what Roxy have done with the money spent and amount of recruits brought in isn’t enough. If That’s enough for you and the Roxy supporters then good luck to you and I’m happy for you. Since your comparing I’d personally prefer what Pat and EK did after 1 year of recruiting (mind you recruiting less players in that 1 year then Roxy have in the last 4 for a gain of 1 ladder position)…. That’s a minor premiership from 6th place the previous year. Guess we all prefer different things though lol.

I’d argue that what Ruppo have done this year after loosing half their team when moving to EDFL is far more impressive then what Roxy have done…. Which is literally nothing.

You seem to know a lot about roxy and the way they run their club Bashen
Care to give us a run down on how much $$ they've spent?

Outsider looking in, they seem to be a club with a strong and inclusive culture doing great things for the community (bushfire game, breast cancer round etc) which is why good people want to be there and play there

Spot on

Who is the player?

Hisham Kerbatieh.

On Roxy Park: The most expensive signing they'd have made would be to get McPharlane to the club for next year. I've said it before but will repeat it again, they didn't recruit to win a Premiership this year or probably even next year, but most likely in 2024, they should be, at the least, challenging for a GF spot.

I do agree with Bashen about Rupo, but they've got to build on what they did in 2022. Galea was a great start and hopefully, a few more will follow.

I'm being told West Coburg are very confident about their chances next year too.

Take it as you want.

They beat APW and tulla by that much because they were 3-4 times over the salary cap and cheated. Take it as you want

Hisham Kerbatieh.

On Roxy Park: The most expensive signing they'd have made would be to get McPharlane to the club for next year. I've said it before but will repeat it again, they didn't recruit to win a Premiership this year or probably even next year, but most likely in 2024, they should be, at the least, challenging for a GF spot.

I do agree with Bashen about Rupo, but they've got to build on what they did in 2022. Galea was a great start and hopefully, a few more will follow.

I'm being told West Coburg are very confident about their chances next year too.
West Coburg should be confident, favourites provided no extra in coming teams.
Did hear Dunn & Archer not playing, can anyone confirm or deny?

The amount of players they have signed and $ spent over the last two seasons better hope they win the flag soon mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.

Bashen get back on your medication son.......you have no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back