EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

that is correct, now also not displaying umpire appts, so you cant see how many games dont have umpires
The league send an email to the clubs with a spreadsheet showing games with umps. No names of the umps but green and red to confirm which umpires will be at all games. They also do this for juniors. Pretty tough job getting umps when they get abuse every week.

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Went out to hillside today to see if the sharks were as good as being hyped
Was a great game of footy given the conditions
Thought the umpires had a shocker for both sifes

Pettigrove and hearne were brilliant all day
Roxy ruckman Eliot #16 put in one of the most dominant performances from a big man in the wet I can remember

Great day of local footy

Congrats to Keilor Park on a great win today. Completely out of it at halftime, but then the wind changed direction and they just kept rolling on. Pretty limp 2nd half by Rupo who I haven't seen play this badly.

Well done, Glenroy and Roxy. Two other surprising results.

Deer park tulla anything happen in this game showing scores of 33 to 3?
I'm told DP won very easily, but still, the score hasn't been updated on the website.

Congrats to Keilor Park on a great win today. Completely out of it at halftime, but then the wind changed direction and they just kept rolling on. Pretty limp 2nd half by Rupo who I haven't seen play this badly.

Well done, Glenroy and Roxy. Two other surprising results.

I'm told DP won very easily, but still, the score hasn't been updated on the website.
DP 22.17 v Tulla 2.6

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another epic game for WC, and to point out for a previous comment, the behinds came from a lot of pressure...no set shots, same as Deer Park game, very rushed kicks for goal....was a great game from both teams...the clutch match replays show the pressure put on the goal kickers...hopefully these two new team realise the EDFL Division 1, is a little harder than winning all games by ten goals...

Another epic game for WC, and to point out for a previous comment, the behinds came from a lot of pressure...no set shots, same as Deer Park game, very rushed kicks for goal....was a great game from both teams...the clutch match replays show the pressure put on the goal kickers...hopefully these two new team realise the EDFL Division 1, is a little harder than winning all games by ten goals...

Don’t worry mate it’s only May. Getting a bit too confident lol.

Deer park will win every final by 10+ goals if they stay healthy. Wait till u don’t vs them on a oversized banana cricket pitch. Hard parts staying healthy, their ressies don’t have too much depth

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How did they go against your sharks today Turbo?

Good response mate but I did say they match up well against Hillside. Deserved the victory as played better footy. Roxy seemed more fitter and played the conditions better and were a bit more direct with Hillside going wide far too often. When Roxy focus on the ball like they did today they go well. Jack Elliot dominated the ruck and should be playing higher footy. Covelli off injured prior to 1/2 time didn’t help Hillside but conditions didn’t really suit him.
Goal umpire seemed to report someone in the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:
Good response mate but I did say they match up well against Hillside. Deserved the victory as played better footy. Roxy seemed more fitter and played the conditions better and were a bit more direct with Hillside going wide far too often. When Roxy focus on the ball like they did today they go well. Jack Elliot dominated the ruck and should be playing higher footy. Covelli off injured prior to 1/2 time didn’t help Hillside but conditions didn’t really suit him.
Goal umpire seemed to report someone in the 3rd quarter.
Heard Josh did a hammy. Shame for him as he's been playing good footy. How badly is that likely to hurt them going forward? Lacking other forward targets without him there?

I know we had H. Farrelly out suspended (how anyone got two weeks for what he did is a joke) and Micallef was also out and he's important for our structure. Hoping we can start to string some good wins together from here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Josh did a hammy. Shame for him as he's been playing good footy. How badly is that likely to hurt them going forward? Lacking other forward targets without him there?

I know we had H. Farrelly out suspended (how anyone got two weeks for what he did is a joke) and Micallef was also out and he's important for our structure. Hoping we can start to string some good wins together from here

That’s going to be Roxy’s issue is depth. With basically a full list ( bar those 2 you mentioned) they are very competitive when the hunt the ball like they did yesterday and stay disciplined. They skills were quite good and showed good fast ball movement. #29 Grant is it? He was good off half back. Another who just went in and presented all game. Put his body on the line a few times and just bounced up without issue.
McPharlane was lively up forward and competes well. Even veteran Patane looked in reasonable shape. 😜 But his not kicking as far these days but great to see him continue on!

I went to the SA v WC game and it was a great game of football played in good spirit it was close for 3 quarters but in final quarter WC got on top with D cleary and T baravi controlled the midfield and up forward Saad , Taha and R cleary were excellent kicking 4 goals between them and saad and Taha missing easy set shots SA are very good side and will play finals they got some really good players in micallef ,sims,galea and akintola yes SA missed shots at goals but you have to give credit to WC players for the amount pressure they put on the ball carrier and most of the points are either rushed or snap shots. WC are a brilliant side they got good players on every line and they haven’t played their best side yet. They might go undefeated for the whole season with all their players available.

Can you give us a rundown of what happened to Tulla in the senior game?

Sorry mate I only saw some of the reserves game. I had something on in the arvo so I didn't catch any of the seniors.

The result was a bit surprising, I'll have to watch the video and have a look at what happened. Tulla certainly hampered with injuries but I didn't think they'd lose by that much.

Went down to West Coburg Sunday for the juniors. If that ground isn't the worst in the competition I'm not here.
Shocking condition, shocking size, shocking shape and 1954 clubrooms.
Upgrade asap.
I haven't been around the EDFL for very long, but it was one of the first questions i asked about Shore reserve. Unfortunately, I don't think it's the club's fault, it is the local council that is being a pain in the arse. It's definitely not due to a lack of trying by the club. It's a shame that many visitors always blame the club (not saying your comment is blaming the club, just heard others), not their choice to have the clubrooms as run down as they are, pretty sure the players would love to shower and decompress without supporters from both sides coming in to use the toilet...lol

Good to see a club without all the flashy change rooms and facilities doing so well tho.

I haven't been around the EDFL for very long, but it was one of the first questions i asked about Shore reserve. Unfortunately, I don't think it's the club's fault, it is the local council that is being a pain in the arse. It's definitely not due to a lack of trying by the club. It's a shame that many visitors always blame the club (not saying your comment is blaming the club, just heard others), not their choice to have the clubrooms as run down as they are, pretty sure the players would love to shower and decompress without supporters from both sides coming in to use the toilet...lol

Good to see a club without all the flashy change rooms and facilities doing so well tho.
I agree with every club that comes to shore reserve and play WC and complain about the ground or the change rooms aren’t good enough it’s not the club’s fault they been trying for so long to get the council to help upgrade their change rooms but no avail and the ground well there is nothing you can do to it unless they move to another ground and with so many clubs around the area it’s very hard but on the field their team is going very well and for clubs that come to play there try to enjoy the game and stop complaining about the ground and the change rooms because it’s not going to change anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back