EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year there was:

Hillside
Keilor Park
Tullamarine
St Albans
Glenroy

I think that was it. I assume all the above will go round again.

Glenroy is the interesting one… lots of people have reported really low numbers at training, they could struggle to get a reserves side up every week but my understanding is they have a big group of players that play Thirds on Friday nights and can’t play on a Saturday due to work

Will the league allow them to play thirds if they forfeit reserves?

Glenroy is the interesting one… lots of people have reported really low numbers at training, they could struggle to get a reserves side up every week but my understanding is they have a big group of players that play Thirds on Friday nights and can’t play on a Saturday due to work

Will the league allow them to play thirds if they forfeit reserves?
I think you only have to play a 1s and you dont have to have a reserves

🙄if you need 5k of memberships the club is already on its knees
And who put them there ??
It’s unbelievable that anyone can feel soory for Westmeadows. Did any of you people go to the Dane Swan days, they should still have money from that. We forget pretty quick. The president then at Westy is now on the EDFL board (alarm bells )
And the EDFL board need to be held to account as well. They propped this club up with a false economy by letting them not pay their fees. All that happens is your pocket keeps emptying until the big bad wolf knocks on your door and says pay up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And who put them there ??
It’s unbelievable that anyone can feel soory for Westmeadows. Did any of you people go to the Dane Swan days, they should still have money from that. We forget pretty quick. The president then at Westy is now on the EDFL board (alarm bells )
And the EDFL board need to be held to account as well. They propped this club up with a false economy by letting them not pay their fees. All that happens is your pocket keeps emptying until the big bad wolf knocks on your door and says pay up.
Fair point. Always get a good crowd at home games and seem to have a healthy following & full teams of juniors, what is the reason for being unfinancial?

or poor management ?
Most clubs only have 1 option when appointing an executive committee because there is only 1 person nominating for that role... So if that person/s struggles with that role , then who is to blame? Either appoint them and hope for the best or the other choice is shut the doors, put the Club in recess...... You can all sit back and point the finger but that is reality, and that is why we are seeing more and more clubs fold

Most clubs only have 1 option when appointing an executive committee because there is only 1 person nominating for that role... So if that person/s struggles with that role , then who is to blame? Either appoint them and hope for the best or the other choice is shut the doors, put the Club in recess...... You can all sit back and point the finger but that is reality, and that is why we are seeing more and more clubs fold
I have made this point numerous times about the lack of volunteers and the amount of crap they have to do to satisfy the Bloody afl, I do agree with you but if you put your hand up then you do the job the best you can , Even blind Freddie can see you cannot spend more dollars out going than you have dollars in coming at some time you have to pull the reins in and tighten your belt for the future of the club .look at what happened to jacana they sold the farm for a premiership now the look like they are done for good . finger crossed for west for a good long term out come

or poor management ?
both - hard to get any set sponsorship $$$ since covid and doesn't help when president lives & works in brisbane 80% of the year, also struggling with keeping juniors especially the young girls most are or have transfered to other clubs as per clearances, i don't think wm know what will hit them when they can't fill junior sides, they have been very strong over previous years with a great junior program, so what's going wrong, who knows

both - hard to get any set sponsorship $$$ since covid and doesn't help when president lives & works in brisbane 80% of the year, also struggling with keeping juniors especially the young girls most are or have transfered to other clubs as per clearances, i don't think wm know what will hit them when they can't fill junior sides, they have been very strong over previous years with a great junior program, so what's going wrong, who knows
that would explain a few things , must be short on the ground of people who wan to put their hands up to help out

that would explain a few things , must be short on the ground of people who wan to put their hands up to help out
no money and a bad rep after the finals issues in the senior woman's last year, not a destination club and everyone wants out, club falling apart at the seams

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back