EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

363329693_674626231376526_3717158356429526813_n.jpg

Just had a look at Ins and Outs, love how Deer Parks player points are maxed out, but on their Emergency list they have two player 4 point and 5 points, these players can literally only come into the team if a player on the same points or above goes out, and there is only four of those.

Who monitors player points on game day? Would hate to see any dodgy team list management going on!!!! :cool:

I guess they can just swap jumpers with a 1 Point player....would love to know how all that is policed.

Just had a look at Ins and Outs, love how Deer Parks player points are maxed out, but on their Emergency list they have two player 4 point and 5 points, these players can literally only come into the team if a player on the same points or above goes out, and there is only four of those.

Who monitors player points on game day? Would hate to see any dodgy team list management going on!!!! :cool:

I guess they can just swap jumpers with a 1 Point player....would love to know how all that is policed.
you cant submit a teamsheet if the total exceeds 46 (excluding emergencies). The system doesn't allow it. If a 1pointer gets injured at the pub tonight, only a 1 pointer can come in, not either of the other two. Also, if all 25 players points total is less than 46 you dont need to specify who the emergencies are. many clubs do this. Its a good tactic to keep the oppo guessing and allow the coach to be more flexible on Saturday morning.

It’s called preparing for the future 🙄

EDFL will just slap their wrist as they have allowed it to be breached in the past in this division without punishment. The club actually ended up winning it from memory so they don’t have the balls. 😐

Looks very different this year across all divisions with the EDFL having limited use of Windy hill unfortunately. Only the Premier and div 1 Grand finals to be played there out of all the finals. Personally i really like watching finals at local grounds. Keilor and Glenroy good venues, and with big crowds i think provide a fantastic atmosphere and something a little different. Greenvale probably the best venue but assuming the premier cricket club doesn't allow them to host any finals there which is a shame. Also love the top 5, more games more teams at the best time of the year. Premier and div 1 should be top 5 moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks very different this year across all divisions with the EDFL having limited use of Windy hill unfortunately. Only the Premier and div 1 Grand finals to be played there out of all the finals. Personally i really like watching finals at local grounds. Keilor and Glenroy good venues, and with big crowds i think provide a fantastic atmosphere and something a little different. Greenvale probably the best venue but assuming the premier cricket club doesn't allow them to host any finals there which is a shame. Also love the top 5, more games more teams at the best time of the year. Premier and div 1 should be top 5 moving forward.
This is a problem that has never been addressed. Each year the main show is dictated to by 3rd parties. It’s about time the EDFL locked in a finals venue structure regardless of 3rd party availability. If possible Windy Hill for all Grand Finals then say all lead up finals for Premier at Greenvale, Div 1 at Keilor, Div 2 at Glenroy. It would lock away finals on an ongoing process with councils, cricket, planning and logistics for clubs and EDFL. It would mean first week of finals games on Sat and Sun at the same venue, so be it.

Did I see Todd Elton do his hamstring then at half time get his bag, get into car and go home ?

Did I see Todd Elton do his hamstring then at half time get his bag, get into car and go home ?

Ahh yes you did oldandfat what’s that all about?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Congrats to West Coburg on their Minor Premiership. A massive win today and should go 18-0 through the regular season.

Great showing by Keilor Park today. Really took it to Rupo and made them work all day for the win.

The top 5 settled and we could see round 18 be the first week of finals too.

Knew I should have taken HS by more was quietly confident. Putting on a great game.
They were fantastic today. All the hype I've heard about Bailey Ryan is justified. Kids tore the game a new one. Nobody could stop him. Ran hard, took contested grabs and kicked goals from everywhere. Kicked 5 I think. Spoke to him after the game and he's also a great kid. They will be desperate to hold onto him but he looks destined for bigger things. Absolute jet

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They were fantastic today. All the hype I've heard about Bailey Ryan is justified. Kids tore the game a new one. Nobody could stop him. Ran hard, took contested grabs and kicked goals from everywhere. Kicked 5 I think. Spoke to him after the game and he's also a great kid. They will be desperate to hold onto him but he looks destined for bigger things. Absolute jet

Great post UTR. He always comes into the rooms and is a great kid and always respectful. Comes from a good family. He puts a lot of effort in over the summer. Plus his loyal as!

Did you offer him the Roxy coaching job? 😜 Kidding mate.

Enjoy the night buddy

Great post UTR. He always comes into the rooms and is a great kid and always respectful. Comes from a good family. He puts a lot of effort in over the summer. Plus his loyal as!

Did you offer him the Roxy coaching job? Kidding mate.

Enjoy the night buddy
Heard we've got some irons in the fire so to speak.

Big Josh is still a force to be reckoned with too. I thought Potter played him pretty well most of the day by playing off him from behind and going for the spoil instead of bodying him up. When it came to a wrestle he was never going to win. Had a good laugh with Josh before he left too. He's always had some good banter over the fence but had also had a good laugh after the game. I did hear around the traps this night be his last game in the 1s... any truth to the turbo?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back