EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It is what it is but it hardly screams credibility that when contested someone goes from officially to I'd heard.
It gets credibility from the fact it’s happened. They can deny it all they like, and maybe they Prez is hiding info again, but the phone call was made and discussed about playing Div.2.
As quiet as footy is as thr moment you can’t say Bissa wasn’t introducing something to the discussion.

It is what it is but it hardly screams credibility that when contested someone goes from officially to I'd heard.

First it was officially, now it's informal.

Through this whole thing I've got a couple of things out of it:

1: There's a bunch of EDFL club officials, or those close to them who've become the mouthpiece of the league in leaking information which was never made public about both clubs on this local footy forum.

2: Rupo aren't in the mess they're in now because they got "caught"

Officially or informally, they should see the year out in Div 1, which seems to be the actual case.

It gets credibility from the fact it’s happened. They can deny it all they like, and maybe they Prez is hiding info again, but the phone call was made and discussed about playing Div.2.
As quiet as footy is as thr moment you can’t say Bissa wasn’t introducing something to the discussion.
That's fine. I've no issue with anyone contributing to the discussion, I was more highlighting that he'd seemingly walked back his initial statement.
You seem to have your finger on the pulse, what has actually happened at Rupo?

This is exactly the problem when people come in and say:

How did you expect a Rupo person to react? Maybe next time say it like the top paragraph.
For god’s sake Auck you cant be serious. I will ask for your permission next time on wanting to chat on here with people about a local footy topic like this one. Not sure i was tearing shreds off Rupo in any way. My apologies to the Rupo folk for saying officially. Gee whiz. I can try say it how you would like me to say it but i am very much of the belief that this is not just a rumour, even if it doesn't eventuate. Which is completely fine, just wanted to get others opinions. My bad.

For god’s sake Auck you cant be serious.

I most certainly am. You made a claim and then backtracked on it when pulled up about it.

Just reiterates my belief that, club officials are leaking information which isn't in the public domain to then have it posted on this forum which you're more than welcome to do at anytime. I'm also more than entitled to pick people up on it if I choose to.

BTW, just out of curiosity, does anyone know if PlayHQ do the transfers or are the league still going to use the mygameday site?

I most certainly am. You made a claim and then backtracked on it when pulled up about it.

Just reiterates my belief that, club officials are leaking information which isn't in the public domain to then have it posted on this forum which you're more than welcome to do at anytime. I'm also more than entitled to pick people up on it if I choose to.

BTW, just out of curiosity, does anyone know if PlayHQ do the transfers or are the league still going to use the mygameday site?

Show me where i backtracked Sir Aucklander!? Nothing in my opinion has changed whatsoever. I tongue in cheeked an apology to the very touchy Rupo folk for using the word official. God shoot me for it. Im really not understanding what the carry on is about, it’s a topic that should be discussed on here simple as that whether you like it or not.

Show me where i backtracked Sir Aucklander!? Nothing in my opinion has changed whatsoever. I tongue in cheeked an apology to the very touchy Rupo folk for using the word official. God shoot me for it. Im really not understanding what the carry on is about, it’s a topic that should be discussed on here simple as that whether you like it or not.
He already did.
Setting aside the angst, can anyone actually state what has occurred at Rupo?
It seems that there's plenty of conjecture but nobody is willing to state what has actually occurred.

He already did.
Setting aside the angst, can anyone actually state what has occurred at Rupo?
It seems that there's plenty of conjecture but nobody is willing to state what has actually occurred.

For a mass club endangering exodus to occur like this something has obviously gone wrong. Should never have left the Riddell league

Transfers should be done on playhq
Good luck viewing them. You can’t access them like the old GameDay page

Bissa - It's simple mate , be accountable for your posts. You were called out for posting crap(the word official means it is true , it obviously wasn't, so you either have no idea or are a liar).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bissa - It's simple mate , be accountable for your posts. You were called out for posting crap(the word official means it is true , it obviously wasn't, so you either have no idea or are a liar).
It obviously wasn't true? I posted crap? No i did not! You might wanna do a little more research before calling me a liar again bang.

For a mass club endangering exodus to occur like this something has obviously gone wrong. Should never have left the Riddell league
Yep, obviously something has gone awry in a reasonably major way.
The EDFL has had it's own challenges supporting it's existing footprint (Jacana, Keilor Park, clubs struggling to field thirds etc) & the move didn't really make a lot of sense for either the EDFL or the Sunbury clubs.

The EDFL has had it's own challenges supporting it's existing footprint (Jacana, Keilor Park, clubs struggling to field thirds etc) & the move didn't really make a lot of sense for either the EDFL or the Sunbury clubs.
Not sure why Rupo really left apart from feeling they outgrew the RDFL. For the Kangaroos it had a lot to do with the Goldfields potentially going into divisions + other minor reasons like struggling to get netball teams. I hope rupo can get going, seeing teams struggle is never good and it's a bloody long road to recovery.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Vic have some responsibility here too, not only was it the wrong move it threatened the demise of another competition

Not sure why Rupo really left apart from feeling they outgrew the RDFL. For the Kangaroos it had a lot to do with the Goldfields potentially going into divisions + other minor reasons like struggling to get netball teams. I hope rupo can get going, seeing teams struggle is never good and it's a bloody long road to recovery.

I agree, we all have our allegiances/biases but to see the viability of clubs &/or competitions called into question, is a shame.

AFL Vic have some responsibility here too, not only was it the wrong move it threatened the demise of another competition
I couldn't believe it when it was given the all clear for both clubs especially after Kilmore had already left. Not sure why Rupo thought they had outgrown the league when they'd only won one flag lol. Maybe a regretful decision now???

First it was officially, now it's informal.

Through this whole thing I've got a couple of things out of it:

1: There's a bunch of EDFL club officials, or those close to them who've become the mouthpiece of the league in leaking information which was never made public about both clubs on this local footy forum.

2: Rupo aren't in the mess they're in now because they got "caught"

Officially or informally, they should see the year out in Div 1, which seems to be the actual case.
Officially made and informal request or enquiry. Not that hard to comprehend.

Officially made and informal request or enquiry. Not that hard to comprehend.

Indeed it isn't.

I don't doubt one or the other was made. My concern remains the fact the only information about the salary cap indiscretions about the two clubs and now the alleged request to move to Div 2 has come from a small band of posters on a local footy forum rather than the EDFL itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back