EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think the 5 is up for grabs out of 4 teams.
Craigeburn and Oak Park have the easiest draws coming home, with only 1 game against a top 4 team. The other 5 against teams around or below them. They play each other this week and I’d say whoever loses that is probably done.

Roxburgh will find it tough without Elliot.
And Tullamarine still has the top 3 sides to play.

I think it will come down to Oak Park and Tullamarine to sneak in.

I still think the 5 is up for grabs out of 4 teams.
Craigeburn and Oak Park have the easiest draws coming home, with only 1 game against a top 4 team. The other 5 against teams around or below them. They play each other this week and I’d say whoever loses that is probably done.

Roxburgh will find it tough without Elliot.
And Tullamarine still has the top 3 sides to play.

I think it will come down to Oak Park and Tullamarine to sneak in.
Creates a lot of big games in the coming weeks

Yeh starting this week. I can’t see Craigeburn winning looking at there team last week.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Oak park do a Bradbury and sneak in.
Craigieburn have an injury crisis at the minute. Despite the 2 that moved on they have lost around 10 senior players to injury over the last few weeks. The team they fielded on the weekend was unrecognisable in comparison to the first month of the season. 10-11 players different.

Craigieburn have an injury crisis at the minute. Despite the 2 that moved on they have lost around 10 senior players to injury over the last few weeks. The team they fielded on the weekend was unrecognisable in comparison to the first month of the season. 10-11 players different.
That just compounds the issue after those other 2 left. Hopefully they can finish off the year with a couple of wins. Speaking to someone Saturday night at a function, he said they had about 12-14 players 20 and under on Saturday. I thought he was putting a bit of mayo on it, but he might be on the money.

At the top end, reckon there is daylight between Marby/WC and Saint Albans/Hillside. WC are smashing the same teams Hillside are wining by 2 to 3 goals.

That means stuff all in today’s footy. Rest your good players at times when you can. Remember HS have 2 thirds sides so have plenty of numbers to cover.
HS not up to it this year Turbo, just dont have the talent to compete with Marby and WC, but still a quality div 1 finals team.
If they did win it, they would be worried, a long way off a Premier team.

HS not up to it this year Turbo, just dont have the talent to compete with Marby and WC, but still a quality div 1 finals team.
If they did win it, they would be worried, a long way off a Premier team.
It’s Marby that are clear favourites I think but HS don’t fear WC at all. If Covelli stays injury free is the biggest weapon come finals.

It’s Marby that are clear favourites I think but HS don’t fear WC at all. If Covelli stays injury free is the biggest weapon come finals.

The best thing about season 24 is the evenness in the comp
Any current top 5 team could beat each other and have so far, notwithstanding that finals footy is a very different situation, it’s going to be a great September.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That means stuff all in today’s footy. Rest your good players at times when you can. Remember HS have 2 thirds sides so have plenty of numbers to cover.
what a ridiculous statement Turbo. WC and Marby would love to have some of those thirds players from HS placed in HS firsts. Those thirds players would cover what ? And you say HS dont fear WC. Lets see how Covelli goes when he is not playing on someone who was playing his first game of AFL ever (round 2 ). I am not saying he isnt a good (very good ) player .Lets hope his fitness holds out because l would hate to hear excuses if the success does not come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a ridiculous statement Turbo. WC and Marby would love to have some of those thirds players from HS placed in HS firsts. Those thirds players would cover what ? And you say HS dont fear WC. Let’s see how Covelli goes when he is not playing on someone who was playing his first game of AFL ever (round 2 ). I am not saying he isnt a good (very good ) player .Lets hope his fitness holds out because l would hate to hear excuses if the success does not come.
The only sensible thing Turbo said was HS don’t fear WC. Why would they, anytime you beat a team you should think you can do it again. Doesn’t mean they will but need that mindset.

Agree that Covelli is a huge X factor and capable of winning games off his own boot. With that said, Hillside only beat WC by a goal earlier in the year, so not sure there is much between them and WC have beaten Marby and St Albans since then.

what a ridiculous statement Turbo. WC and Marby would love to have some of those thirds players from HS placed in HS firsts. Those thirds players would cover what ? And you say HS dont fear WC. Lets see how Covelli goes when he is not playing on someone who was playing his first game of AFL ever (round 2 ). I am not saying he isnt a good (very good ) player .Lets hope his fitness holds out because l would hate to hear excuses if the success does not come.
My point was they rest senior players during games as they have enough players to cover any reserves being promoted to senior footy. That’s my point.

Must have a great coach at WC then if you reckon they shouldn’t have played a first gamer on Covelli. I’m not sure that was his first game of AFL either..Think that’s a ridiculous statement mate.

Got to ya your passion for WC though..

Agree that Covelli is a huge X factor and capable of winning games off his own boot. With that said, Hillside only beat WC by a goal earlier in the year, so not sure there is much between them and WC have beaten Marby and St Albans since then.
More the point of beating them on that postage stamp ground. 😄

My point was they rest senior players during games as they have enough players to cover any reserves being promoted to senior footy. That’s my point.

Must have a great coach at WC then if you reckon they shouldn’t have played a first gamer on Covelli. I’m not sure that was his first game of AFL either..Think that’s a ridiculous statement mate.

Got to ya your passion for WC though..
I think they do now have a great coach.I did not say they should not have played a first gamer on Covelli in last quarter. He was forced to go there as the captain Dane Lucas was off the ground injured.Please dont query my credibility as to facts. I can assure you this was the first year that the player in question has ever played AFL footy. Not a ridiculous statement but factual.

Roxy still within half a chance I reckon. Elliott a big loss obviously but think they have enough talent around the ground (Short, Grant, McFarlane, Naggs etc.) which will keep them in a lot of games and within striking distance. The obvious question is who replaces Elliott in the ruck? Do they have someone in the team right now who can step into that role, or do they have to take a bloke out of their twos to try and fill the job?

Roxy still within half a chance I reckon. Elliott a big loss obviously but think they have enough talent around the ground (Short, Grant, McFarlane, Naggs etc.) which will keep them in a lot of games and within striking distance. The obvious question is who replaces Elliott in the ruck? Do they have someone in the team right now who can step into that role, or do they have to take a bloke out of their twos to try and fill the job?
No chance, a game and 30% out already, and no Elliott now, good night 2024!

Micallef is the second ruck and I'd think he's most likely to get first crack at replacing the big fella. He has a great leap on him and is a decent size as well. Expect him to get a chop out in the ruck from young Potter who's a bit of a swing man and can play multiple positions. He also has a great leap and his speed for a big man, but probably lacks a little physical size at boundary throw ins etc to body the opposition ruck. Jack is dominant so will be missed by expect this might be what is done to cover for jack

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your not gonna replace one of the best players if not the best player in the comp
But they need someone who will just get in there and competes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back