EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps moreso picking up the pieces of an incompetent remote president…
Handshake agreements can only go so far….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m sure there are elements of truth in all the Westmeadows and Kaakour stories floating around but if announced it will be interesting to see how it all goes.

What’s everyone’s opinion on his coaching? What’s the highest level his coached?
Vfl level also premier as a senior assistant and div 1 in the EDFL having heard a few of his addresses at the quarter breaks he is a good communicator and gets his player playing for him, He did not create the problems at westy he was only going on what the committee was telling him what he could spend . No senior coach goes in with a blank cheque the committee advise all senior coaches of the player budget and what they have to spend to recruit . Plus not paying him adds insult to injury

Turbo is living rent free in your head. The amount of anti HS posts you’ve made recently 😂. Your club should know about getting to the big dance & not quite succeeding. Let’s see how he goes at a new opportunity. Not like HS can ring Adam Simpson & ask him to coach them. Coaches are getting harder to find & having shorter tenures.
He is not living in my head but possibly yours. My posts are not anti HS but in response to the nonsense put on this site by someone who has the cheek to say he knows his footy. Point to one just one HS post that l made thats not accurate about HS.

Turbo is living rent free in your head. The amount of anti HS posts you’ve made recently 😂. Your club should know about getting to the big dance & not quite succeeding. Let’s see how he goes at a new opportunity. Not like HS can ring Adam Simpson & ask him to coach them. Coaches are getting harder to find & having shorter tenures.
Classic!! Great intel. 😉

Are some of West Coburgs issues with failing in Grand Finals a result of them playing on a postage stamp half of each year?. Would be interested if anyone thinks this could be a contributing factor.

Are some of West Coburgs issues with failing in Grand Finals a result of them playing on a postage stamp half of each year?. Would be interested if anyone thinks this could be a contributing factor.
I could be absolutely missing the mark here, however is Deer Parks ground not also a postage stamp, however in length not width. In other words West Coburg has no wings (like a rectangle hence the criticism) and Deer Parks length goal to goal distance is tiny like a junior ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would be in Div 2 EDFL if came in. Cant have 12 teams in Div 1 if Parkside come in and have 9 in Div 2.

Hopefully Parkside dont come across, dont need any more teams.

Unless there is a merger with Ascot Vale Juniors, Parkside will not be coming into the league. When was the last Senior only team to enter the competition?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I could be absolutely missing the mark here, however is Deer Parks ground not also a postage stamp, however in length not width. In other words West Coburg has no wings (like a rectangle hence the criticism) and Deer Parks length goal to goal distance is tiny like a junior ground?
get off the grass mate

Surely not , what do you know?
I can say with 100% fact that Parkside are definitely talking with the EDFL. They've been talking for the last couple of years. IF they get in is another story. With talk of East Sunbury trying to get over to the WRFL maybe Parkside are their replacement. But like the last 4 teams to join the EDFL over the last 5 years, they'd be just as irrelevant to the comp.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can say with 100% fact that Parkside are definitely talking with the EDFL. They've been talking for the last couple of years. IF they get in is another story. With talk of East Sunbury trying to get over to the WRFL maybe Parkside are their replacement. But like the last 4 teams to join the EDFL over the last 5 years, they'd be just as irrelevant to the comp.

Couldn’t possibly come into div 1. Would need to begin in D2 and work way up. Already 11 teams and 12 simply doesn’t work when other divs have 9/10.

Total slap in face to the league as a whole if a 4-11 side in WRFL comes in and plays D1 EDFL thus allowing them to recruit with ease.

If they want to come across that’s fine, work way up.

Couldn’t possibly come into div 1. Would need to begin in D2 and work way up. Already 11 teams and 12 simply doesn’t work when other divs have 9/10.

Total slap in face to the league as a whole if a 4-11 side in WRFL comes in and plays D1 EDFL thus allowing them to recruit with ease.

If they want to come across that’s fine, work way up.
Yes I'd say they'd start in div 2. Don't think they'd be there for very long though lol. Wonder if the EDFL will look for other WRFL teams if the Sunbury sides move on eventually?

Vfl level also premier as a senior assistant and div 1 in the EDFL having heard a few of his addresses at the quarter breaks he is a good communicator and gets his player playing for him, He did not create the problems at westy he was only going on what the committee was telling him what he could spend . No senior coach goes in with a blank cheque the committee advise all senior coaches of the player budget and what they have to spend to recruit . Plus not paying him adds insult to injury
Mo is a nice bloke and is doing his best but the Facts are, he is a B Grader(Clubs grab anyone they can to fill the roles of assistant at A Grade and VFL Clubs as they are not sort after). I will keep banging on about this as I truly believe Hillside can be a strong A Grade Club but they need an A Grader who's minimum expectation is A Grade standard to come in and set the standards across the whole club(likes of a Digby Morrell, Dean Wallis) would be a very good fit.

Mo is a nice bloke and is doing his best but the Facts are, he is a B Grader(Clubs grab anyone they can to fill the roles of assistant at A Grade and VFL Clubs as they are not sort after). I will keep banging on about this as I truly believe Hillside can be a strong A Grade Club but they need an A Grader who's minimum expectation is A Grade standard to come in and set the standards across the whole club(likes of a Digby Morrell, Dean Wallis) would be a very good fit.
Facts = Nice bloke

The rest is an opinion piece. Time will tell.

B Grader? What makes him a B Grader.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back