EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Mo is a nice bloke and is doing his best but the Facts are, he is a B Grader(Clubs grab anyone they can to fill the roles of assistant at A Grade and VFL Clubs as they are not sort after). I will keep banging on about this as I truly believe Hillside can be a strong A Grade Club but they need an A Grader who's minimum expectation is A Grade standard to come in and set the standards across the whole club(likes of a Digby Morrell, Dean Wallis) would be a very good fit.

You make out " A grade coaches cost minimum wage " If majority of these Div 1 clubs could afford these type of coaches don't you think they would be in this league coaching already? Coaches are not cheap these days, and it's really a decision from Clubland to splurge Money on a good coach and reduce player spending or get a so-called B-grade coach and get high grade quality players into the club. You think Marby would of given Holland $20K to coach their side? Highly Unlikely.

You make out " A grade coaches cost minimum wage " If majority of these Div 1 clubs could afford these type of coaches don't you think they would be in this league coaching already? Coaches are not cheap these days, and it's really a decision from Clubland to splurge Money on a good coach and reduce player spending or get a so-called B-grade coach and get high grade quality players into the club. You think Marby would of given Holland $20K to coach their side? Highly Unlikely.
I didn't insinuate anything about wages, but now you've raised it. Hillside are a healthy club(no. of sides, players and volunteers wise). The amount of revenue through the place spent wisely could afford a quality Coach(Leader)..
I can see real potential for Hillside if put in the hands of the right people. I am not having a go at them but Fact is they have only ever been a B Grade(started C Grade) Club and that's all they know, they have NO IDEA of the Gap between B Grade and Premier , therefore need assistance & guidance if they are Fair Dinkum about playing in the Premier Comp, or are they just happy making finals and being the 13th, 14th ranked club in the EDFL?

B Grade? The bloke has played A Grade at Keilor, East Keilor, and Marby. VFL at Coburg.
We're getting off Point here. Listen , I honestly wish Mo all the best , as mentioned above I think he's a nice enough bloke and obviously passionate. But he's not the right fit for the Hill Billies if they are fairdinkum about becoming a strong Premier Club they should not stop until they get a bonefide experienced Leader of Men and someone the Club will get behind 100%. They might as well give Planet another year, he didn't do anything wrong

We're getting off Point here. Listen , I honestly wish Mo all the best , as mentioned above I think he's a nice enough bloke and obviously passionate. But he's not the right fit for the Hill Billies if they are fairdinkum about becoming a strong Premier Club they should not stop until they get a bonefide experienced Leader of Men and someone the Club will get behind 100%. They might as well give Planet another year, he didn't do anything wrong
Clearly you dont know the bloke and what he is about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grounded and The Longblow

Took 5 seconds to work this out on Google Maps, Shore Reserve is 150m long compared to John McLeod at 153m long (goal post to goal post).

Width is the difference, Shore is 92m wide compared to John McLeod at 120m.

Lets work in facts boys!!!
The postage stamp aka Shore is more like an indoor cricket pitch than a true home of football like John McLeod Oval is....

You make out " A grade coaches cost minimum wage " If majority of these Div 1 clubs could afford these type of coaches don't you think they would be in this league coaching already? Coaches are not cheap these days, and it's really a decision from Clubland to splurge Money on a good coach and reduce player spending or get a so-called B-grade coach and get high grade quality players into the club. You think Marby would have given Holland $20K to coach their side? Highly Unlikely.
The club has to be strong off the field otherwise on field will not succeed. Hillsides downfall has always been off field the same as Craigirburn. To a degree a strong off field leader is more important than the coach.

Will not cover Covelli… he kicked 100+ goals. Saad would be great, however who knows the surgery required on his Knee in the off season.
Covelli would be a huge loss but gee Saad would be a fair replacement. Can’t see him departing Pacco after just 1 season and finals. He has a leadership role there with the young boys if I’m correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back