EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not a Roxy nuffie
Don’t have any association with any club in this division and next year possibly the league as looking at moving out of the area
but you are a long way off the mark here mate and you and pull ur Sox up sound like the same person

First of all it’s silly season every club is hyping up there recruits
Given your obvious hate for roxy
You are a Craigieburn person and you are entitled to your opinion

What’s the difference between they they are doing between what you guys are doing with your 24 hour major announcements for people that played 2’s at there last club there is nothing wrong with it it’s just the modern day way of promoting the club
Back when I played in the late 80 90’s there was none of that stuff you just found up when you rocked up at training
It’s just the way the game is now at local level

Secondly I’ve watched and played a lot of footy across a few different leagues
If Eliot is severely overrated
I’m not sure who and what you rate

Be fair buddy

Anyway life is dull for this old bloke without footy
Bring on the cricket

Well said

I’m not a Roxy nuffie
Don’t have any association with any club in this division and next year possibly the league as looking at moving out of the area
but you are a long way off the mark here mate and you and pull ur Sox up sound like the same person

First of all it’s silly season every club is hyping up there recruits
Given your obvious hate for roxy
You are a Craigieburn person and you are entitled to your opinion

What’s the difference between they they are doing between what you guys are doing with your 24 hour major announcements for people that played 2’s at there last club there is nothing wrong with it it’s just the modern day way of promoting the club
Back when I played in the late 80 90’s there was none of that stuff you just found up when you rocked up at training
It’s just the way the game is now at local level

Secondly I’ve watched and played a lot of footy across a few different leagues
If Eliot is severely overrated
I’m not sure who and what you rate

Be fair buddy

Anyway life is dull for this old bloke without footy
Bring on the cricket
Well said. I'm guessing the other coaches over rate him, premier data lie about how much ball he gets and umpires must get paid by the big fella to give him votes. Go back to sucking up to the sporting club for more cash. Only reason you even have a club

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They've been busy but they will need more than what they've got.

They've done more than WC & OP at this stage.
Who’s coaching West Coburg this year?

Oak Park picked up Hotchkin so if they don’t lose anyone and can top up they will be fine however nothing much in the 18s coming up.

Who’s coaching West Coburg this year?

Oak Park picked up Hotchkin so if they don’t lose anyone and can top up they will be fine however nothing much in the 18s coming up.
Expressions of interest open according to their socials two days ago.

That's a good get, healthy competition for Elliott

Well said. I'm guessing the other coaches over rate him, premier data lie about how much ball he gets and umpires must get paid by the big fella to give him votes. Go back to sucking up to the sporting club for more cash. Only reason you even have a club

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Someones upset that they haven't got a great sponsor like the sporting club ... anyways thanks for your support the other day when you went down to the sporting club for a few drinks cfc thank you 🤣

As for Elliot 80 hit outs 60 of them he tapped to himself and then kicks to the opposition.
Short past his playing day just a snipper

Dimech thinks he's good with his sling tackling my daughter can tackle better

Enjoy being relegated at the end of next season 🤣🤣🤣

They've been busy but they will need more than what they've got.

They've done more than WC & OP at this stage.
thats because if they dont do more they stay in mediocrity.
whats WC done or more importantly what do they need to do . you suggest they have done more than WC at this stage.
what has been done in your informed opinion.

Someones upset that they haven't got a great sponsor like the sporting club ... anyways thanks for your support the other day when you went down to the sporting club for a few drinks cfc thank you 🤣

As for Elliot 80 hit outs 60 of them he tapped to himself and then kicks to the opposition.

understand what you say about Elliot and tapping to himself etc but he is very good around the ground in contest work and directing the play. Ruckman from Moonee Valley very similiar . However l have always found that opposition ruckman when playing against both those guys are always valuable contributors to their teams. Opposition ruckmen are never shut out of the game.

thats because if they dont do more they stay in mediocrity.
whats WC done or more importantly what do they need to do . you suggest they have done more than WC at this stage.
what has been done in your informed opinion.
In my obvious opinion:

They've parted ways with a coach after a year, and they've lost the last three grand finals.

I'd say they need to learn to play on big grounds on the big stage, maybe inject some new players, but I may be stating the obvious?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my obvious opinion:

They've parted ways with a coach after a year, and they've lost the last three grand finals.

I'd say they need to learn to play on big grounds on the big stage, maybe inject some new players, but I may be stating the obvious?
Big grounds is not the issue. Big stage maybe but beaten by two great teams 2023 and 2024. But its great to actually have a team on the big stage three years in a row. Coach been there three years but one as head coach. Left for family reasons with young kids. Plenty of young players only going to get better for the experience. Thats my watch WC every week opinion.
Losing grand finals is not mediocrity. Not making them or finals is.

Big grounds is not the issue. Big stage maybe but beaten by two great teams 2023 and 2024. But its great to actually have a team on the big stage three years in a row. Coach been there three years but one as head coach. Left for family reasons with young kids. Plenty of young players only going to get better for the experience. Thats my watch WC every week opinion.
Losing grand finals is not mediocrity. Not making them or finals is.
and will be there abouts again next season, no chance they don’t play finals again. Would be a plum job for a coach to walk into

To all posters out there, this is what happens to you when you stop taking your medication

I don't know how anyone could possible be critical of Elliott or Newell for that matter.
Two of the best citizens in the league, loyal to a fault and tough but fair competitors.

And the reason they often grab the ball out of the ruck is a lot of the time its the best option - they dont't have Harry Sheezel or Nick Daicos or Jai Newcombe running patterns and getting free. Most EDFL D1 midfielders are pure inside and are not suited to AFL standard tap-work.

understand what you say about Elliot and tapping to himself etc but he is very good around the ground in contest work and directing the play. Ruckman from Moonee Valley very similiar . However l have always found that opposition ruckman when playing against both those guys are always valuable contributors to their teams. Opposition ruckmen are never shut out of the game.
A lot of footy people these days think ruckman are overrated hence you don’t see a lot of ruckman being recruited like 4-5 years ago. They often take take enough marks around the ground due to the style of play these days where it’s a short kick possession type game rather than kick it down the line to the big ruckman. Also not many can go forward and do damage either as once again a loose defender will often try and spoil the contest.
Contested Marking is almost a thing of the past.

A lot of footy people these days think ruckman are overrated hence you don’t see a lot of ruckman being recruited like 4-5 years ago. They often take take enough marks around the ground due to the style of play these days where it’s a short kick possession type game rather than kick it down the line to the big ruckman. Also not many can go forward and do damage either as once again a loose defender will often try and spoil the contest.

Newell can go forward and kick goals.

Think this is more an AFL thing than local football. As long as a ruckman isn’t turning the ball over every time they get it, which plenty of other local players do regularly, then the coach can generally live with the long down the line approach most ruckman go with. Though I would say the PV ruck dominance didn’t do a lot of good on GF day, but that’s for another thread to worry about.

Last edited:
I don't know how anyone could possible be critical of Elliott or Newell for that matter.
Two of the best citizens in the league, loyal to a fault and tough but fair competitors.

And the reason they often grab the ball out of the ruck is a lot of the time its the best option - they dont't have Harry Sheezel or Nick Daicos or Jai Newcombe running patterns and getting free. Most EDFL D1 midfielders are pure inside and are not suited to AFL standard tap-work.
clearly you must not watch the better div 1 teams play. plenty of running patterns and players getting free.if grabbing the ball out of the ruck a lot is the best option then Roxy and Fog have a long way to go. Grabbing out of the ruck a lot may in fact due to an inability to jump for the ball and Elliot and Newell playing to their strengths using their bodies. That being said the team game plan cant be benefitted by that approach and results on saturdays speak for themselves. Says it all really.

clearly you must not watch the better div 1 teams play. plenty of running patterns and players getting free.if grabbing the ball out of the ruck a lot is the best option then Roxy and Fog have a long way to go. Grabbing out of the ruck a lot may in fact due to an inability to jump for the ball and Elliot and Newell playing to their strengths using their bodies. That being said the team game plan cant be benefitted by that approach and results on saturdays speak for themselves. Says it all really.
Great post dandy..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back