EDFL Div 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how fit will theses two boys be and how hard are they prepared to work during a game in div 2. I am not knocking the players just asking as if they are that good then why play div 2 as it can't be all about the money

Both heading back home to help their junior club.

Both heading back home to help their junior club.

That’s great. Can understand the pres, or one of the presidents having a break his done a lot of work for the club but the players that left not given the new coach a go is a bit soft. Then again club should have signed them before hand. They need more help,at committee level as do most clubs.

Pretty disappointing for Glenroy to recruit a young bloke and give him an opportunity to develop himself, win a premiership and have the chance to play premier division to then turn around after 1 year and go back to div 2. Big fish small pond mentality
Fair point. But says more about the mateship and the culture down at Roxy.
Good footballer, good kid, had a crack, was good enough to play a role and now sand to help his mates again.

Fair point. But says more about the mateship and the culture down at Roxy.
Good footballer, good kid, had a crack, was good enough to play a role and now sand to help his mates again.

If that's the case why did he leave in the first place. If they lost the GF and were flag favs this year in div 1 would he have gone back to Roxy. I think not

He left because Glenroy poached/recruited him, that he is now returning to his initial club hardly warrants criticism imo.
If that's the case why did he leave in the first place. If they lost the GF and were flag favs this year in div 1 would he have gone back to Roxy. I think not

I have to agree with footyman here. Dropping from a chance to play premier to lowly Div2. Should have stayed and had a crack but like some others in today’s game just likes the easy footy life I reckon. Don’t have a problem with players just running around with mates either, but love to know if Glenroy expected him to stay on this year. If so then I think it’s poor form..He also seems to have talent so have a crack while your still young..You can play Div2 anytime but these opportunities you need to take.

Ross was poaching him the grand final he last played at Roxy, straight after the game.

He went, had a crack and got a flag. But somewhere along the line he’s not enjoying it. So if he wants to come back and enjoy himself and his footy, then I don’t see a problem.
I’m not saying it’s the case, but not enjoying your footy can sometimes effect personal life etc I’d reckon..

I have to agree with footyman here. Dropping from a chance to play premier to lowly Div2. Should have stayed and had a crack but like some others in today’s game just likes the easy footy life I reckon. Don’t have a problem with players just running around with mates either, but love to know if Glenroy expected him to stay on this year. If so then I think it’s poor form..He also seems to have talent so have a crack while your still young..You can play Div2 anytime but these opportunities you need to take.

It comes down to perspective, you believe that he's taking the easy route, perhaps he is, perhaps he's also trying to bring some success to his fmr club?
It could also be seen as taking the easy route by joining Glenroy in first place given the comparative strengths of Glenroy/Roxy as it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It comes down to perspective, you believe that he's taking the easy route, perhaps he is, perhaps he's also trying to bring some success to his fmr club?
It could also be seen as taking the easy route by joining Glenroy in first place given the comparative strengths of Glenroy/Roxy as it is.

Yes your right. Went to Glenroy knowing they had a good side and left Roxy as they were going to struggle. Now Roxy have picked up some players and Glenroy have a tough gig stepping up to premier he goes back. Ummm not the type of person you want in your corner if you went to war..Oh well we all move on I guess.,

Cappa played all his juniors at Roxy, stop diggin at the kid. You really do have a vendetta against anything roxy.

Am I the only one who has an opinion. Not sure I’ve said anything untoward or anything that people don’t think already. Good get for Roxy just not sure I agree with him leaving Glenroy after 1 successful season..

BTW- he hasn’t been cleared as yet and Glenroy could play hardball. Did he sign for 2 years?? My understanding is Glenroy expected him to be wearing Red & White this season..

Am I the only one who has an opinion. Not sure I’ve said anything untoward or anything that people don’t think already. Good get for Roxy just not sure I agree with him leaving Glenroy after 1 successful season..

BTW- he hasn’t been cleared as yet and Glenroy could play hardball. Did he sign for 2 years?? My understanding is Glenroy expected him to be wearing Red & White this season..
Doesn’t like being second or third fiddle to winter and Walker. Plus would have struggled in premier and probably played 2nds. So instead of staying and doing the hard work to get better he takes the easier option.
That’s the problem with the kids these days they want everything on a platter and not work hard to achieve anything. Most take the easier option and play lower divisions

Doesn’t like being second or third fiddle to winter and Walker. Plus would have struggled in premier and probably played 2nds. So instead of staying and doing the hard work to get better he takes the easier option.
That’s the problem with the kids these days they want everything on a platter and not work hard to achieve anything. Most take the easier option and play lower divisions

Wrong there mate, did the work to assert the fact he could cut it in division one finishing 7th in the comp for goals kicked, that wasn’t served on a platter. Then wanted to come back to the club where he played almost 10 years for with his best mates? Hardly think it’s taking the easier way out, would rather enjoy his footy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wrong there mate, did the work to assert the fact he could cut it in division one finishing 7th in the comp for goals kicked, that wasn’t served on a platter. Then wanted to come back to the club where he played almost 10 years for with his best mates? Hardly think it’s taking the easier way out, would rather enjoy his footy

Trust me I watched enough games of Glenroy. Struggled against the good sides. But I would have thought that premier would have been good for him to learn and experience the pace. Considering he keeps ringing vfl clubs looking for pre seasons. Not going to get picked up playing Divy 2

Trust me I watched enough games of Glenroy. Struggled against the good sides. But I would have thought that premier would have been good for him to learn and experience the pace. Considering he keeps ringing vfl clubs looking for pre seasons. Not going to get picked up playing Divy 2

So you’re telling me, you believe he struggled against good sides in div 1 but should’ve gone up to play premier? Ripper logic.. And what’s your source that he’s rung vfl clubs? Pretty sure it’s only port Melbourne that have been in contact, and they made the first move on him

So you’re telling me, you believe he struggled against good sides in div 1 but should’ve gone up to play premier? Ripper logic.. And what’s your source that he’s rung vfl clubs? Pretty sure it’s only port Melbourne that have been in contact, and they made the first move on him

I’m saying the only way his going to improve his football is to challenge himself against better opposition. Yes he will struggle but so do most young key talls in premier. But in the long run will be a better player.
Well I have it on good authority that he contacted Nthern Blues and Coburg.

I’m saying the only way his going to improve his football is to challenge himself against better opposition. Yes he will struggle but so do most young key talls in premier. But in the long run will be a better player.

He did that, didn’t enjoy it, why play if you’re not enjoying it?
Ya good authority isn’t that good, can assure you he didn’t contact either

Horse, you are making to much sense for the Div2 thread buddy. They won’t understand what your point is..Haha

Use Walker as an example of another tall similar player. Seemed to go pretty well for Glenroy last season and appeared to be going in 2nd gear at stages yet was still very good especially in the finals. Interested to see how he goes in premier. Definitely has talent and if he lifts another gear should do ok. Yes at times he will struggle and become frustrated as the delivery won’t be like he got last season but he has something you can work with. If Dulic & Winter can stay injury free that will help him as well. Think Kite will have to play back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back