EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey guys would really appreciate some help. Im 19 and playing up in AFL Cairns Reserves so not a very high standard comp but still not rubbish level I dont think. I'm looking at moving down to Victoria to test out playing down there and was wondering what the standard of various leagues/divisions are like. Would really appreciate the help as I dont want to play somewhere where I wont be good enough but I am willing to work hard whilst still enjoying my footy.

Hey guys would really appreciate some help. Im 19 and playing up in AFL Cairns Reserves so not a very high standard comp but still not rubbish level I dont think. I'm looking at moving down to Victoria to test out playing down there and was wondering what the standard of various leagues/divisions are like. Would really appreciate the help as I dont want to play somewhere where I wont be good enough but I am willing to work hard whilst still enjoying my footy.
what Area of melb u moving to

Depends on what area you move to. Do you want to play seniors or happy to play reserves?

Open to moving to any area honestly and the goal would be seniors but I wouldnt mind reserves, ideally I'd like to get match payments (if they pay reserves) as our seniors do up in cairns. So i can have a bit of money whilst i study, not looking for a pay packet though just a good club with good people.

Open to moving to any area honestly and the goal would be seniors but I wouldnt mind reserves, ideally I'd like to get match payments (if they pay reserves) as our seniors do up in cairns. So i can have a bit of money whilst i study, not looking for a pay packet though just a good club with good people.

Without knowing your ability or seeing you play i would be looking to go to a club like Keilor Park. They are returning are a year in recess and gathering a group of players and trying to rebuild. You will most likely play Seniors as not sure they will have enough for 2 senior sides at this stage.
Great club with genuine people and I’m sure you would be most welcome. I would give John a call.

Good luck..

Details below. Hope this helps.

WE’RE BACK!!!

Pre-season training returns at Keilor Park for Senior Men and U19’s on Tuesday Jan 22nd @ 6pm and for Senior Women on Thursday 17th Jan @ 6pm!

New players welcome!

For further details or enquiries please contact;

Senior Men’s coach John Mangos on 0433822320

#beadevil #beashedevil #devils2019 #thedevilsareback #kpfc #keilorparkfootballclub #edfl

Without knowing your ability or seeing you play i would be looking to go to a club like Keilor Park. They are returning are a year in recess and gathering a group of players and trying to rebuild. You will most likely play Seniors as not sure they will have enough for 2 senior sides at this stage.
Great club with genuine people and I’m sure you would be most welcome. I would give John a call.

Good luck..

WE’RE BACK!!!

Pre-season training returns at Keilor Park for Senior Men and U19’s on Tuesday Jan 22nd @ 6pm and for Senior Women on Thursday 17th Jan @ 6pm!

New players welcome!

#beadevil #beashedevil #devils2019 #thedevilsareback #kpfc #keilorparkfootballclub #edfl

As opposed to which Clubs that aren't Great and don't have genuine people? Name them please Turbo!

As opposed to which Clubs that aren't Great and don't have genuine people? Name them please Turbo!

I’m sure you understand my post if you have any involvement in the EDFL over a number of years Survey. KP could do with this player and let’s give them credit as they have fought back rather than roll over. Plenty of history of playing at the top level back in the day as well. Let’s move on shall we...😉😉

Last edited:
I’m sure you understand my post if you have any involvement in the EDFL over a number of years Survey. KP could do with this player and let’s give them credit as they have fought back rather than roll over. Plenty of history of playing at the top level back in the day as well. Let’s move on shall we...😉😉
I knew exactly what you meant but I wanted you to name a club or 2 not to your liking and spice this forum up a bit!

Depends if you want to play premier division, 1st or second division?
Only the seniors get paid, reserves and u19's do not.
I would suggest you investigate the leagues and where clubs fini shed last season. Obviously those that finished top five or six it may be hard to crack into the senior side if you are aiming for premier division. Maybe a club like Moonee Valley could be good for you. Or if you want to push your ability but still have a chance to make seniors try Essendon Doutta Stars, Airport West. You may want to look at other leagues as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keilor Park like the other guy said could be a good start. Don't expect to win much though or get paid heaps.

If you want a middle tier club in Div 2 - Coburg Districts, Northern Saints or Burnside could be good choices.

Alternatively, you could try your chances at a Div 1 club like Tullamarine, Hillside, Taylors Lakes or Craigieburn.

There is always WRFL. Albion are top Div but struggling for numbers. You may get a senior gig there. St Albans, Sunshine, Caroline Springs or Point Cook you may also get a senior look in.

Keilor Park like the other guy said could be a good start. Don't expect to win much though or get paid heaps.

If you want a middle tier club in Div 2 - Coburg Districts, Northern Saints or Burnside could be good choices.

Alternatively, you could try your chances at a Div 1 club like Tullamarine, Hillside, Taylors Lakes or Craigieburn.

There is always WRFL. Albion are top Div but struggling for numbers. You may get a senior gig there. St Albans, Sunshine, Caroline Springs or Point Cook you may also get a senior look in.

You have covered a lot of areas Dogs, and really it will depend on where he intends to live as if his close to the ground it would help. The “player” poster has gone missing so would be great if he could reply at some point. 👍

Played RDFL reserve’s footy so interesting to see how he goes. Speed always an asset in this low division..

Played a few senior games, but couldn't bring his undoubted ability to the senior level on a consistent basis. Kid can take a hanger though and my just be the move which turns him into a senior regular.

Good luck..

WE’RE BACK!!!

New players welcome!

are you returning back home KP to help out the club Turbo?

are you returning back home KP to help out the club Turbo?

No interest in being involved at div2 level mate, sorry..I struggle to watch div1 footy let alone div2. I can’t believe what some players are getting to play div1 footy. It’s a blight on our game and some players are clearly rippping clubs off. if that happened in a 9-5 weekday job they would be sacked after a period of time.
Just on KP I wish them all the best and it would be great to see them strong a few wins together..

I see Rhys Bucktin is at Burnside. Should be a good recruit at this level. Tough, hard player so good pick up.

Will be interesting to see how they go. I put a post up earlier in the thread posing the same question.

A lot of "no namers" with all due respect to them. Few from Sydenham, one from Marby who kicked 40 odd in the magoos and the rest from surrounding leagues. At very minimum they should improve again given as you mentioned they have no notable outs.

Think they open the season against Jacana who are probably firming as Top 2 certainties. Will know more after that I feel, they seem to win or lose terribly.

I don’t see anyone of note from Hillside to Burnside in the clearances.. Are they juniors maybe or fringe 2s players??
Yes round 1 will give a good indication but thinking Jacana will touch them up by 60 plus..

So should we have a go at a ladder for the end of home and away season?

Based on last seasons finishes and CURRENT recruits that are confirmed -

Jacana
Kangaroos
E/Sunbury
M/Valley
-------------
C/Districts
Burnside
Nth Saints
Hadfield
K/Park

Status