EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes in hindsight Sk could have played div 1 but that’s only because they recruited very well!! The side they had last year would not have dominated this division! Well done to them for recruiting but if they didn’t and played div 1 everyone would be saying the opposite as they would not be competitive!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They are not that much different. They picked up a couple of good ones from St Albans but they lost really good players as well.

Some of the guys they recruited were playing 2s at RDFL level in the better teams. They are better but it’s not like they are a completely different team. They finished 8th last year and I think they would just miss the 6 this year had they stayed.

The main thing with Sunbury is they tend to recruit lots of forwards, always have and not many teams at div 2 level can cope. The higher you go it becomes about having a balance in your forward line.

Yeah great result for Haddy, got Northern at the right time.

Big game for Northern this week. They need to make a statement against Burnside on home soil, otherwise they’ll likely miss finals with East Sunbury making a late play. Northern are already out of the 4.
If Northern get a win, it will make it harder for east Sunbury and places heaps of pressure on Coburg.

Sunbury should account for Haddy and will not be as close as their first encounter. Haddy are hard to beat on their own deck.

East won’t drop this game and will get the 4 points and will be making a big play for finals with Coburg and Northern under the pump.

Yeah great result for Haddy, got Northern at the right time.

Big game for Northern this week. They need to make a statement against Burnside on home soil, otherwise they’ll likely miss finals with East Sunbury making a late play. Northern are already out of the 4.
If Northern get a win, it will make it harder for east Sunbury and places heaps of pressure on Coburg.

Sunbury should account for Haddy and will not be as close as their first encounter. Haddy are hard to beat on their own deck.

East won’t drop this game and will get the 4 points and will be making a big play for finals with Coburg and Northern under the pump.

Northern very disappointing yesterday.
Only positive was seeing the young guys finally get a go and have a crack.

I think it was number 8 for burnside. He was very impressive up forward and on ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Few big Results on the weekend
Northern have dropped a little but still can’t be counted out
Will be an interesting finals race

Few big Results on the weekend
Northern have dropped a little but still can’t be counted out
Will be an interesting finals race

Gonna be a tough second half of the season for Northern ... will be lucky to make finals.
Their best player (by a mile) Mo Taleb overseas in Europe. Since he left, they haven't been the same.

Gonna be a tough second half of the season for Northern ... will be lucky to make finals.
Their best player (by a mile) Mo Taleb overseas in Europe. Since he left, they haven't been the same.

From the games I saw he tore it apart in the middle and was a great foil for the others in the middle. They won’t make finals, I can’t see them coming close to MV. Need to load up for next year.

Hadfield really building the foundations for a huge surprise to the whole competition next year with alot of things happening behind the scenes. Hearing the gears are in motion and into alot of old juniors who played at the club who went on to play VFL or A Grade footy including a fair few boys who are currently at Glenroy who are Haddy juniors. Just watch this space because if they keep improving like they have and land the couple players that are 1pointers next year it will absoultely catapult them into contention and have a roll on effect with more former juniors returning to the club. Good on them for going about it the right way for sustained success in the near future.

They’ve been great this year. If they can pull the above off, they could be really competitive at the pointy end. With an OakPark or Taylor’s coming down likely, and a new club or two rumoured to be coming in existing divvy 2 clubs, need to do so much work and get it all together to be able to challenge, otherwise it could be a long time in c grade. But Haddy have good footy leadership who want to get better and want to go up. Good luck to them.

What happened to the post from Ball Magnet regarding the poaching of players by Hadfield for season 2020 .

Hello

Anyone can fill me in on Coburg Districts ? looking at applying for senior coach . Their list looks pretty good from the out side. I'm not with in the league so wouldn't mind seeing if would be able to watch couple games . If anyone could help that be great

Hello

Anyone can fill me in on Coburg Districts ? looking at applying for senior coach . Their list looks pretty good from the out side. I'm not with in the league so wouldn't mind seeing if would be able to watch couple games . If anyone could help that be great
Has tanks resigned?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don’t you do your own research on the club.
Go watch them train/play. Or ring a club official

Have started research mate . As i'm with another club at minute not that easy watch them train and play. Just spewing the edfl don't vision like few other comps.

Have started research mate . As i'm with another club at minute not that easy watch them train and play. Just spewing the edfl don't vision like few other comps.

They should record all games like the Northern league however at the time they tried to implement it the league tried to charge clubs a ridiculous figure which div1 and div2 clubs would struggle to pay each week. Basically the EDFL tried to rip clubs off..

No on here i could chat about the coburg districts job?? just feel its attractive job to get

I know some people at Coburg Districts its a really well run club the president Alan Chandler has been there for a very long time does a fantastic job .The club is working very hard a resurrecting it junior program and is heading in the right direction with good junior numbers boys ,girls up to about under 15 at the moment .
They have also added a senior woman's side this year as well.

With no under 19's and not a real depth in the two's 4th place on the ladder for both sides is about where the list is capable of playing at .

I am not sure what league you are coaching in at them moment but in the edfl it's a fairly large jump from division to division in body shape, fitness and ball skills its quite noticeable between divisions .
You would need to recruit quite smartly with the points system in place .
I hope this gives you some help .

Was an atrocious game to watch yesterday but districts are on the rise
Still think Sunbury are unbeatable

I know some people at Coburg Districts its a really well run club the president Alan Chandler has been there for a very long time does a fantastic job .The club is working very hard a resurrecting it junior program and is heading in the right direction with good junior numbers boys ,girls up to about under 15 at the moment .
They have also added a senior woman's side this year as well.

With no under 19's and not a real depth in the two's 4th place on the ladder for both sides is about where the list is capable of playing at .

I am not sure what league you are coaching in at them moment but in the edfl it's a fairly large jump from division to division in body shape, fitness and ball skills its quite noticeable between divisions .
You would need to recruit quite smartly with the points system in place .
I hope this gives you some help .

Thank you for that . I'm in the northern football league. Understand their situation as at club in very similar boat . Will most likey get to a game during our bye round cumming latter in the year so be good to watch them .

Anyone else heard about Hillside offering their Senior job to Tankard with a ringing endorsement from Burns?

Not true as far as I’m aware. He might have put his application in however at this stage that’s all. I would be surprised if they don’t chase a coach that’s coached higher than EDFL div3 or get In a gun player looking to move into coaching. Need to be able to pull in a few recruits from higher divisions I would say.
To my knowledge Tankard hasn’t coached at a higher level and his record at the Districts is a bit up and down. If he was to coach a premiership in div3 then that might increase his chances.

Bit of good mail around that the ex coach of EK is on the rador as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back