EDFL Div 2 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt Tom leaving East would be a very bitter pill to swallow. At the end of the day, East is not in the same financial position to compete with some of the bigger clubs in the area and it makes it very difficult to retain their young guns.

That being said, I am told that Tom is the only player on the move and they have signed a few others. Im sure the club would love to have kept Tom but money & the ability to play at the higher level, its hard to question him.

Absolutely! Will never have a go at someone trying to play in harder league

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Phil Lobb to Moonee valley.
Been around the traps. Heading there to reunite with old mates the Ryan brothers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There about 6 pending clearances to the hawks and a few they haven’t put in yet, all of whom would make the best 22. Think most of them are ex junior players so they would be worth 1 point?

Nah mate sorry. Big drop from premier to div2. 🤭🤭

Just watch this space Turbo because rumour on the grapevine that both will be at the hawks in 2021 to play with mates and one to rejoin his younger brother

Big Joshy K clearance has been put in but hasn't been announced on hawks socials? That is a huge get for the club both on and off the ground and a huge loss the roys

Just watch this space Turbo because rumour on the grapevine that both will be at the hawks in 2021 to play with mates and one to rejoin his younger brother

Big Joshy K clearance has been put in but hasn't been announced on hawks socials? That is a huge get for the club both on and off the ground and a huge loss the roys

If they were to go to div1 then I’m sure they would at least consider heading back but not div2 mate. Both still got a lot of footy ahead of them especially DS.

I believe Josh K is contracted to Glenory. Given Glenroy’s past not releasing contracted players I’ll be interested to see how this one plays out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question ballmagnet maybe they are waiting to see what happens with the clearance before announcing

Good question ballmagnet maybe they are waiting to see what happens with the clearance before announcing

Pretty sure they have recommited and signed on to stay for 2020. Unfinished business I’m told and good on them. Both been very loyal to PV. I’m guessing they will return home at some stage (and good on them) but now is not the right time. Still reasonably young and got plenty of good footy ahead of them. Going back to div2 at this point would be a silly move.

Pretty sure they have recommited and signed on to stay for 2020. Unfinished business I’m told and good on them. Both been very loyal to PV. I’m guessing they will return home at some stage (and good on them) but now is not the right time. Still reasonably young and got plenty of good footy ahead of them. Going back to div2 at this point would be a silly move.

I wouldn’t think a div2 club would have the cash for those 2 anyway but who knows these days!

I believe Josh K is contracted to Glenory. Given Glenroy’s past not releasing contracted players I’ll be interested to see how this one plays out

I think He will get back, haddy have been a good feeder club for the roys in recent years. Pretty good relationship between the 2 clubs. Can’t knock a bloke for wanting to go back and help his junior club

I wouldn’t think a div2 club would have the cash for those 2 anyway but who knows these days!

Not all about the cash when blokes are returning to their junior club to play with mates and family but that won't happen in 2020 with them 2. Big year ahead for all clubs and very exciting and it is only the start of the silly season! Can't wait to see how everything plays out and for the season to start

Not all about the cash when blokes are returning to their junior club to play with mates and family but that won't happen in 2020 with them 2. Big year ahead for all clubs and very exciting and it is only the start of the silly season! Can't wait to see how everything plays out and for the season to start

agreed. There is no stand out teams like in 2017 Jacana, 2018 more even, 2019 all Sunbury. Great opportunity for MV, OP, BH, CD, to go up, with outside chances from ES, Haddy and Northern. Hoping KP improve a hell of a lot, then the teams missing the 4 would be kicking themselves.

agreed. There is no stand out teams like in 2017 Jacana, 2018 more even, 2019 all Sunbury. Great opportunity for MV, OP, BH, CD, to go up, with outside chances from ES, Haddy and Northern. Hoping KP improve a hell of a lot, then the teams missing the 4 would be kicking themselves.

Who are the favourites? League looks very strong. Oak Park into maybe Burnside as top two chances?

Who are the favourites? League looks very strong. Oak Park into maybe Burnside as top two chances?

I think still too early to tell. Teams are finishing off their recruiting, but one or two crucial recruits could sway things in 2020 given the closeness of teams. MV I think are best placed. They have been building last 4 years, and their kids will be better for it, have good seasoned players and well lead from the top onfield. Burnside will be better. Districts, new coach so will be interesting especially if they have a change in game style and tactics which is on the cards. Oak Park should be top 3. Easts and Haddy could surprise, and Northern looks like they will field a very young team, so I don’t expect much from them although glad to see a couple of younger guys back and committing to the Saints. To be competitive they need to recruit some big bodied players. Let’s see mid December , give us a better picture.

Phil Lobb to Moonee valley.
Been around the traps. Heading there to reunite with old mates the Ryan brothers.

What can you tell us about him Foss and will he be ok in this division? Haven’t seen anything from MV so far so you must know something.

What can you tell us about him Foss and will he be ok in this division? Haven’t seen anything from MV so far so you must know something.

he would have to be mid 30’s now and would have a stack of local jumpers in his wardrobe. Journeyman Full Forward probably the best way to describe him. Pretty much changes clubs every year and would have made a decent earn travelling the state playing footy.
Some of the clubs I can recall him playing for ....
Eaglehawk. Kangaroo Flat. Ess Doutta Stars. Kondrook Barham. Rochester. Romsey. Sunbury Kangaroos. Nullawil.
But there would be more.
Won’t get a committed trainer or great clubman but Phil is a nice bloke and he knows how to kick goals, Div.2 would be his level these days and at the very least will be a decent target. Could expect him to kick around 50 if played every game.

he would have to be mid 30’s now and would have a stack of local jumpers in his wardrobe. Journeyman Full Forward probably the best way to describe him. Pretty much changes clubs every year and would have made a decent earn travelling the state playing footy.
Eaglehawk. Kangaroo Flat. Ess Doutta Stars. Kondrook Barham. Rochester. Romsey. Sunbury Kangaroos. Nullawil.
But there would be more.
Won’t get a committed trainer or great clubman but Phil is a nice bloke and he knows how to kick goals, Div.2 would be his level these days and at the very least will be a decent target. Could expect him to kick around 50 if played every game.

Pretty fair assumption...

But there would be more.

Elmore x 2, Calivil

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back