EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations westmeadows off to the big dance.
But Burnside can still hold there head up to get where they got to this year. I wonder if they had there best 22 in today if the result would of been different.
As for the reserves game very disappointing to see the carry on by the winning team to the opposition players and coaches box from half way thru the last quarter.
Any chance northern saints could try and be at least a little bit humble in victory instead of trying to aggrevate the opposition players and coaches.
Im not in any particular club corner.
But I so look forward to seeing the Sunbury kangaroos smack the northern saints in the ressies next week. Going on how they carried on on the field and after the siren today.
Very embarrassing for the league and for some of the hard working good people at the Saints.
If you’re not in a corner, then please don’t talk unless you know the full story. If you don’t know the story, I suggest you go out and seek some information. What a pathetic comment from a offended supporter.

If you’re not in a corner, then please don’t talk unless you know the full story. If you don’t know the story, I suggest you go out and seek some information. What a pathetic comment from an offended supporter.
I’m not sure why I read this crap from day to day I read posts about my club and think just imagine if they were in the fold. To northern saints well done yesterday my club are waiting for you on Saturday

But Burnside can still hold there head up to get where they got to this year. I wonder if they had there best 22 in today if the result would of been different.
As for the reserves game very disappointing to see the carry on by the winning team to the opposition players and coaches box from half way thru the last quarter.
Any chance northern saints could try and be at least a little bit humble in victory instead of trying to aggrevate the opposition players and coaches.
But I so look forward to seeing the Sunbury kangaroos smack the northern saints in the ressies next week. Going on how they carried on on the field and after the siren today.
Very embarrassing for the league and for some of the hard working good people at the Saints.
Jesus 🤣 you have no idea mate. Someone’s a little offended Taylor’s lakes got bent over all day.
Come back when you have some facts to go with your story.

I can't say too much, just ecstatic over the moon. It's unreal from a group of young mates and their supporters. Emotions are high, and fingers crossed one more win. Love you westy

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
IMO they have been the best team all year I don’t envy any team that has to play against them on a big open ground. Their spread, run and carry and speed of ball movement can be a real problem for other teams. Hopefully the weather holds up, should be a cracking GF.

Good luck to both teams

Absolutely agreed, Northern Saints behaviour is putrid! Then to start throwing bottles and punches after the siren while woman and children were on the field, disgusting and disgraceful! They have carried on like this for years and the EDFL continues to turn a blind eye.

Absolutely agreed, Northern Saints behaviour is putrid! Then to start throwing bottles and punches after the siren while woman and children were on the field, disgusting and disgraceful! They have carried on like this for years and the EDFL continues to turn a blind eye.
Are you sure that wasn’t Taylor’s lakes throwing beer mate?

Are you sure that wasn’t Taylor’s lakes throwing beer mate?
From where I was I didn’t see this, I seen NS throwing water bottles and punches. Also NS bench and supporters completing reving up TL bench during the 4th. Not saying TL didn’t throw anything either, I just didn’t see it. I’m neutral too, don’t support either clubs.

From where I was I didn’t see this, I seen NS throwing water bottles and punches. Also NS bench and supporters completing reving up TL bench during the 4th. Not saying TL didn’t throw anything either, I just didn’t see it. I’m neutral too, don’t support either clubs.
Rupo ground has the coaches boxes on the same side of the ground. EDFL so unprofessional and my question is why didn’t a league offical step in?? Clubs pay the league to run it so why don’t officials have the courage to step in. It’s not hard.

If true why doesn’t this league do something. Absolute gutless league slowly losing the respect and the ranking it once had.

Rupo ground has the coaches boxes on the same side of the ground. EDFL so unprofessional and my question is why didn’t a league offical step in?? Clubs pay the league to run it so why don’t officials have the courage to step in. It’s not hard.
Most comps have the bench on the same side, the EDFL is unique in that perspective.

Yes the better run competitions have everything on same side but not EDFL..
Gremlin, my point is if this is all true why don’t officials step in and if it continues then kick clubs out..
I don’t think a measure of a competition is where the benches are located 😂. Kicking a club out is pretty extreme, but hope they are heavy handed with the players and coaches in question.
All clubs have ratbag players and supporters unfortunately, no club is immune to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats everyones thoughts on having 2 unfinancial clubs playing in finals . Westmeadows and St Albans both playing whilst owing the league money. Stay tuned when both these clubs start poaching other clubs players using EDFL money .
Why have the rules if we continually break them .

Gee a big accusation right there, bit of mud throwing without any evidence. My understanding is that Westy is financially ok, not a great deal in the bank but scrapping by cant comment on st albans but I highly doubt you know the truth about either clubs. I know the players at westy are playing for nothing, basically, and that's why they are doing well, mateship from underage teams coming through. Must be a slow news day for you.

Whats everyones thoughts on having 2 unfinancial clubs playing in finals . Westmeadows and St Albans both playing whilst owing the league money. Stay tuned when both these clubs start poaching other clubs players using EDFL money .

WTF! Can only talk from an SA perspective
But 120k is a yearly donation from the sporting club plus a healthy sponsorship
Only issue would be if they are paying 200k+ for their list…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Perhaps St Albans don't want to give the EDFL any more money after they gave them the fine money last year ;);) and they didn't do with it what they said they were going to do with it
On a serious note, the EDFL were going to put that fine money (a substantial amount) to charity, why are we still waiting for this to happen, its just gone straight into their pocket.
Lesson for the EDFL if you make a press statement you have to actually follow through with it.

WTF! Can only talk from an SA perspective
But 120k is a yearly donation from the sporting club plus a healthy sponsorship
Only issue would be if they are paying 200k+ for their list…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
$120k from the sports club!!! What is the catch? Assuming there is an impact on bar sales?

Tips for Saturday guys?

Week off for Lakes a good or bad thing? Westy have some clear momentum. Lakes very strong across the park and will need to be at their best. Westy need to put together more than 2qtrs to beat them.

It’s a bloody hard one this. Can either club win games in B grade?

Tips for Saturday guys?

Week off for Lakes a good or bad thing? Westy have some clear momentum. Lakes very strong across the park and will need to be at their best. Westy need to put together more than 2qtrs to beat them.

It’s a bloody hard one this. Can either club win games in B grade?
I think Westy will start much better this week, and at half time, there won't be much in it. I expect westy to let the shackles off and run the house down and win by 24 points. We'll I hope that's the case.

Anyone giving Lakes a chance? Westy have very good run and carry. Shots on goal will be a worry for Jock. In saying that, they’ve got the cattle to beat Westy. One of the sides will need to have an off day

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back